Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets should let Cromartie shadow Gronk the whole game.....

Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Wilson will probably be doing this.
    Please no. Please.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Gotta limit the YAC.

if Dee is playing then i feel like this should be his job. Alabama had him cover tyler eifert that entire game

yes please. Pats would run roughshod over that match up.

Banned
    No need to do anything special against Gronk. He's out of shape and also his rhythm and timing will be off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    No need to do anything special against Gronk. He's out of shape and also his rhythm and timing will be off.
    Even joking, that's treasonous talk for you.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Basically this.

Cro isn't the match-up for a stud TE, believe it or not, the CB who is probably the most able to do this is Milliner, he has the abilities of Cro, but is much more physical, he's just a rookie.

I think our safeties get too much criticism, Allen and Jarrett have actually played pretty well, and I think Allen can match up well against Gronk. This isn't mid-season form Gronk we will face tomorrow, if he even plays, this is a player that hasn't played in over a year, and will be playing in his first NFL game.

The plan against him will be a coordinated effort in the back end of the defense IMO
    This is the right answer. Which only goes to show that when Ray loses his psychotic hatred of all thing Patriots, he is capable of offering nuggets of football wisdom

So in that vein I ask the question of him - If the Jets ran for 130 yd when the Pats HAD Wilfolk, Kelly, Mayo, and Talib, how would he stop the Jets rushing attack with the likes of SJones, JValano, DFletcher and RLogan (3 rookies and a former UDFA) I think this will be the most interesting match up of the game. I'll be interesting to see how the Pats scheme to stop the run on one hand, while watching what the Jets try and do to take advantage of that commitment to stop the run

The "children" are 6 weeks more experienced and Gronk is back so the offense should be better for the Pats, though IMHO Gronk will be more important to the Pats running game than to the passing game. On the other hand its hard to figure how the Pats can stop the Jets running attack with all the missing people. The Jets are also at home and Rex has set this up to be their Superbowl

BTW- how is Rex going to motivate the team and their fan base when he has essentially gone "all in" for game 7 .....especially if you lose.????

I think Cromartie + an LB chipping Gronk off of the line is your best bet.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    This is the right answer. Which only goes to show that when Ray loses his psychotic hatred of all thing Patriots, he is capable of offering nuggets of football wisdom

So in that vein I ask the question of him - If the Jets ran for 130 yd when the Pats HAD Wilfolk, Kelly, Mayo, and Talib, how would he stop the Jets rushing attack with the likes of SJones, JValano, DFletcher and RLogan (3 rookies and a former UDFA) I think this will be the most interesting match up of the game. I'll be interesting to see how the Pats scheme to stop the run on one hand, while watching what the Jets try and do to take advantage of that commitment to stop the run

The "children" are 6 weeks more experienced and Gronk is back so the offense should be better for the Pats, though IMHO Gronk will be more important to the Pats running game than to the passing game. On the other hand its hard to figure how the Pats can stop the Jets running attack with all the missing people. The Jets are also at home and Rex has set this up to be their Superbowl

BTW- how is Rex going to motivate the team and their fan base when he has essentially gone "all in" for game 7 .....especially if you lose.????
    What evidence is there that Rex has made this out to be their Super Bowl? He has placed the same amount of importance on winning this game as he has the others.

Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post

I agree.

I also believe that Kyle Wilson (believe it or not), is the most physical corner the Jets have. If Gronk lines up split, Wilson can check him and shadow him on shallow routes and releasing him to another DB for longer routes (seam, etc). Wilson is the Jets best tackler at DB, and most physical corner (believe it or not). His cover skills down the field.........eeeehhhhhh....

Veteran
    Cro is our only chance.

Trufant and Kyle "After The Catch" Wilson are like gnats on a moose's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I agree.

I also believe that Kyle Wilson (believe it or not), is the most physical corner the Jets have. If Gronk lines up split, Wilson can check him and shadow him on shallow routes and releasing him to another DB for longer routes (seam, etc). Wilson is the Jets best tackler at DB, and most physical corner (believe it or not). His cover skills down the field.........eeeehhhhhh....
    I agree
    Wilson is too physical on wideouts & gets called for it a lot.
    They allow you to be a little more physical with big TEs. That's what I would do. Truffant on Edelman, Cro on Thompkins.
    On offense run the s*it out of the ball! Keep Brady & the big Pollack on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Jets need to smash the **** out of Gronk as he releases from the LOS.
    +1. Exactly. Bang him, bang him, bang him, and bang him some more. Play very physical. Let him feel the pain!!!!

All Pro
    Have Jarrett hammer him when he Comes over the middle...

Veteran
    Trufant on Gronk

Cro on Edelman
    Last edited by CGJET; 10-20-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Misspelling

All League
    This is actually a god idea. I'm not worried about the physicality, I want coverge. Cro can cover him because he is slower, plain and simple

All League
    That is the main issue with covering these tight ends in today's NFL. Mismatches. Cro will not be a coverage mismatch