Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: You witnessed a team turning the corner

  1. #1

    You witnessed a team turning the corner

    First let me say that I didn't expect the Jets to win that game after the first half. Not sure what Rex said in the locker room at halftime but the defense really came out fired up. I think what we are seeing is the beginning of the end for one team, Pats, and the potential rise of the Jets. It's good to see and with Santonio and Sanchez gone next year we should have some nice cap room

    I wasn't happy with Rex paying not to lose in the 4th Qtr, with everyone on the line playing the run I would have shown some confidence in Geno and had him play action for a TD but Rex likes to play it safe. If this team can play on high emotion they can be competitive with anyone. Now lay dish of crow is ready.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,292
    Half the fans were ready to pack it in the 1st quarter after Geno threw a pick 6.

    It was a great win and we will do better in the second half of the season. I'd like to see us get another win before the Bye ie., against The Bengals or The Saints.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Turn the corner, Geno hasn't hit the wall yet. Jets are benefitting from teams on the downtick, don't get me wrong this young team is playing fairly well.

  4. #4
    The last time we turned a corner in Atlanta we ran into a brick wall in Pittsburgh.

    Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    The last time we turned a corner in Atlanta we ran into a brick wall in Pittsburgh.

    Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
    Exactly. Commentators had it right. We need to be consistent before we will be respected.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Big Green Apple
    Posts
    1,252
    lets see geno play a clean game in a hostile environment against a good defense and lets see our defense play a complete game.

  7. #7
    Feel like we've already done a couple laps around the block this year with all the corner turning.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    lets see geno play a clean game in a hostile environment against a good defense and lets see our defense play a complete game.
    Throwing to who?

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    lets see geno play a clean game in a hostile environment against a good defense and lets see our defense play a complete game.
    They will play even better when the O plays better.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    The last time we turned a corner in Atlanta we ran into a brick wall in Pittsburgh.

    Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
    Typical SOJF response. Shooting the team down after a big win.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    37,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys in Green View Post
    Exactly. Commentators had it right. We need to be consistent before we will be respected.
    Agreed.

    We haven't won two games in a row all season.

    If the Jets follow up a big win over the Pats with an upset of Cincy on the road, then all bets are off and the Jets are the real deal.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
    Typical SOJF response. Shooting the team down after a big win.
    No, I merely commented that the last time we had a big win the team shot itself in the foot.

    I will be rooting for them next week but am not drinking the cool aid just yet.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    No, I merely commented that the last time we had a big win the team shot itself in the foot.

    I will be rooting for them next week but am not drinking the cool aid just yet.
    No, the Steelers shot them. Big difference.

  14. #14
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys in Green View Post
    Exactly. Commentators had it right. We need to be consistent before we will be respected.
    Totally agree.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    No, the Steelers shot them. Big difference.
    Just how many times did we have the ball on offense and the Steelers gave it to themselves?

    Oh yeah, zero times.

    We turned the ball over, we gave them the game on a silver platter when we shot ourselves in the foot.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Agreed.

    We haven't won two games in a row all season.

    If the Jets follow up a big win over the Pats with an upset of Cincy on the road, then all bets are off and the Jets are the real deal.
    Perfectly said.

    If this defense can keep playing at a high level they'll be in pretty much every game.

    If the offense can keep improving and continues to cut turnovers, this team could be special IMO

  17. #17
    Upcoming is a HUGE GAME in terms of what was just said : Getting a streak rolling and showing everyone that the Jets are for real.

    Andy Dalton does NOT impress me in the least.

    AJ Green can be blanketed by Cro....

    However, defensively, Cincy's front-seven is just as nasty as ours, especially in the Run game. So look for Marty to dial-up some slants, some screens(hopefully), and the occasional deep bomb(to test their corners) in this game....
    Last edited by Vin; 10-21-2013 at 07:52 PM.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,455
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Agreed.

    We haven't won two games in a row all season.

    If the Jets follow up a big win over the Pats with an upset of Cincy on the road, then all bets are off and the Jets are the real deal.
    Bengals are not the stalwarts the media makes them out to be.......they are a solid, tough, physical football team, but they are due for a letdown at home....are we the ones to issue it? We shall see....

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    They won a game!! One win doesn't mean turning a corner. So far the pattern is win a game then follow with a loss.

    If they manage to win 2 in a row that's called a winning streak. If they win 3 in a row then you can say they turned a corner

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    They won a game!! One win doesn't mean turning a corner. So far the pattern is win a game then follow with a loss.

    If they manage to win 2 in a row that's called a winning streak. If they win 3 in a row then you can say they turned a corner
    And if they win 4 in a row, what then?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us