Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets trading for Josh Gordon?

All League

Jets trading for Josh Gordon?

Now I know it's just Twitter rumors, but it is something that could be a possibility.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.
    IBN SPORTS WRAP ‏@IBNincarcerated
    **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: NY Jets are *Confirmed* to be one of the 3 teams that have made an offer for WR Josh Gordon #Browns ' (2 Picks
    Nick Barlotta ‏@NickBarlottaFN 17m
    I am now hearing deal between Jets and Browns is very close to done..Jets have 2 picks on table.... Deal of course regarding josh Gordon...

I know it's IB and a guy who works for a sports website, but say hypothetically it does happen. Would you be excited?

Gordon has legit #1 ability, but does come with some baggage. It would probably cost us a 2nd round pick, but we could also have a big time talent to go with Geno.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Now I know it's just Twitter rumors, but it is something that could be a possibility.

I know it's IB and a guy who works for a sports website, but say hypothetically it does happen. Would you be excited?

Gordon has legit #1 ability, but does come with some baggage. It would probably cost us a 2nd round pick, but we could also have a big time talent to go with Geno.

What if the trade was Coples straight up for Gordon. Would everyone be on board with this? I would!

All Pro
    I would drink my first cup of green kool-aid this season if it happens....but I won't hold my breath over Bob LOL

Veteran
    DO IT

I would love this. It would allow us to take Ebron in the 1st or trade back for more picks and still draft him.

I would rather not give up picks for Gordon. We're starting the entire chain of events that occurred in 2010 with Braylon. 2 picks - wasted since he didn't play more than entire 1 season. A 3rd and 5th. That's a lot for a 28 game rental.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    What if the trade was Coples straight up for Gordon. Would everyone be on board with this? I would!
    Coples is going to be a stud Gordon is at best an average WR. No GM in his right mind would trade Coples for Gordon.

Incarcerated Bob said it? Now I feel like it won't happen, lol.

I would be on board with a deal, as long as the deal isn't a first round pick, and preferably not a 2nd either. But 3rd on down, sign me up anyday.

id really rather not trade picks right now for gordon. WR is a need, but with how good idziks first draft is looking, i think id rather more picks, especially if were offering high rounds.

Holmes for Gordon.

Done.

All League
    Revis for Gordon (maybe they don't know).

Nick Barlotta:

Hey guys, I will be writing about New York Jets Football and working on this years NFL Draft. I am a college sophomore at Bergen Community College in New Jersey studying sports broadcasting. Jets, Mets, Nets, Devils, and Oregon Ducks are my teams.

We are supposed to believe some college sophomore is breaking news before the likes of Cimini and Schefter etc......

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post

Not the most reliable sources, but that doesn't mean I'm not following it closely. Possibility of getting TJ Ward as well in the deal I'm seeing, former safety second round pick.

All Pro
    Given that we have TBs conditional pick 3rd or 4th, I'd be okay sending our 3rd rounder to get this done.

All League
    I would love the Jets to add Gordon, but the real NFL insiders are saying the Browns are balking at high round draft picks. He's a big talent, but he's a big risk as well. If a third rounder would do it(which it won't) I'd be all for it, but a First or more for a guy that is a slip up away from missing an entire season is very steep.

if it's a player and a pick, maybe Hill and a 3rd? Hill is still a bit raw and Gordon has the same size and skill sets, but just knows how to use his big frame a lot better.

smells like some bullspit.

Anyone not in favor of trading for Gordon is a fool IMO.

That kid is the real deal, AJ Green type of talent and he's only 24 years old.

iBob? lol, nothing to see here.

Why not Marshall? With Cutler out Chicago is done. They need to dump the headcase this off season anyway why not start now. White, VJax, and Marshall would be the 3 WR I would think we can get cheap that would actually be an upgrade. I just dont see Gordon as an upgrade. I'd rather go after Cook in SL who should be selling after loosing Sam. We need a viable TE way more then anther WR.