Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bucs wanted to give the Jets their 2014 first rounder

The Bucs wanted to give the Jets their 2014 first rounder

For Revis. Hindsight is 20/20, but wow. We'd have the second pick in the draft.

That's ok. I'm happy with Shel Rich.

I wouldn't trade Sheldon Richardson to the Bucs for their 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Me too. I think if they'd just had the #9 and not the #13, they would have picked Milliner, not Richardson.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Interesting because that pick could very well be Clowney. But at the moment, I agree with you. Richardson is already a hit. Clowney is huge potential but still risky.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Interesting because that pick could very well be Clowney. But at the moment, I agree with you. Richardson is already a hit. Clowney is huge potential but still risky.
    I don't think the Jaguars win a game this year. They're going to go QB. Clowney will definitely go second.

Sheldon Richardson was the 4th highest rated player on the Jets board. Can't get much higher than that.

Veteran
    Also, who knows who the Bucs take with the 13th pick this year? Maybe that pick helps the Bucs win a game or two. Not saying it's likely, but it's not impossible. Can't be too unhappy with 3 top 70 picks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Who cares?

Richardson + High 3rd >>> Total unknown in 2014

Idzik looks greater by the minute.

Best player on the board b*tches.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Sheldon Richardson was the 4th highest rated player on the Jets board. Can't get much higher than that.
    I don't believe that. Cooper, Austin, Mingo, Milliner would (or in Milliner's case was) have been picked before Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who cares?

Richardson + High 3rd >>> Total unknown in 2014

Idzik looks greater by the minute.

Best player on the board b*tches.
    Idzik made the right trade. I'm just saying it's crazy how it could have worked out. The Bucs were stuck on the 2014 first rounder for a while. It was a very real possibility. No one ever thought they'd suck this badly, though.

All League
    Very happy with Sheldon, so this doesn't bother me.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

S-R is my fav J-E-T

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Me too. I think if they'd just had the #9 and not the #13, they would have picked Milliner, not Richardson.
    How disastrous would THAT have been if we didn't have the capability to get Richardson and only got Milliner who is apparently made of glass?

*Whew*....Jets dodged a major bullet there....

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Exactly. Well-said. SR is a beast!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    How disastrous would THAT have been if we didn't have the capability to get Richardson and only got Milliner who is apparently made of glass?

*Whew*....Jets dodged a major bullet there....
    Glass? Too durable a material for comparison. Never liked the Milliner pick. Still time for him to come around though

I don't think TB is going to be winless the rest of the season. They have too much talent on offense and defense to really continue to struggle. But Schiano needs to go, but that's a team that I can see winning a few games in the second half this season, so I don't think they'll end up at No. 2.

Jacksonville has No. 1 all locked up. Minnesota looks horrible, with no defense or offense now. I think they are lining up for No. 2, which would be very interesting because their biggest need is a QB. I think St. Louis goes into a freefall, because they basically have no QB, and their schedule is brutal (2 against Seattle, Indy, Chicago, San Fran, Saints, Tenn, and Arizona- easiest game there is probably Arizona since Locker is back for Tenn). I'd be surprised if they won any, lol. So I see TB settling in around No. 4, right along with the Giants. So that pick might not be a surefire thing anyway, while Richardson is already producing.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Exactly. Well-said. SR is a beast!!
    Love Shel Rich I wouldn't swap him for Mingo or any of those other guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    And would the second draft pick be as good as Sheldon Richardson......sorry but I will stick with a player who may just be the steal of the 2013 first round draft. A nameless draft pick means zip to me when compared to a rookie who is playing lights out.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    For Revis. Hindsight is 20/20, but wow. We'd have the second pick in the draft.

All League
    Don't care, teaming up Richardson & Wilkerson for the next 6-8 years is more valuable than some prospect
    in this years draft