Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Kerley once again looked great... love the space he creates.

  1. #1

    Kerley once again looked great... love the space he creates.

    Lets ignore the fools that only try to bait us and celebrate our players.

    Kerley gave Geno perfect targets and he does it game after game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-boQirvkJVE

  2. #2
    I have always backed Kerley. If people still dont see him as a legit #2 I dont get it. Him and Hill are a very good combo. Add a TE and a scat back we could have a very potent passing game.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,463
    Should be Geno's slot WR for a long time

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    Lets compare our 5th round pick kerley to the 8th overall pick in tavon Austin......ZERO comparison. Kerley has been solid since
    he was a rookie and he had sanchez throwing to him. Tavon went to a team that had a so called franchise qb in Bradford while kerley had to play with a rookie. Kerley runs precise route and has speed...I love this kid...he is so reliable. How many huge grabs did he make yesterday vs the patriots. I also recall that route he ran on the touchdown vs the falcons.....super precise.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hobblingjetster View Post
    Lets ignore the fools that only try to bait us and celebrate our players.

    Kerley gave Geno perfect targets and he does it game after game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-boQirvkJVE

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Lets compare our 5th round pick kerley to the 8th overall pick in tavon Austin......ZERO comparison. Kerley has been solid since
    he was a rookie and he had sanchez throwing to him. Tavon went to a team that had a so called franchise qb in Bradford while kerley had to play with a rookie. Kerley runs precise route and has speed...I love this kid...he is so reliable. How many huge grabs did he make yesterday vs the patriots. I also recall that route he ran on the touchdown vs the falcons.....super precise.
    I have no clue how Austin jumped so high so fast in the draft. He was listed as a 2nd rounder for most of the follow up and then like 1 month prior all of the sudden he was a sure shot top 10 everyone had to have. Where did it happen? I watched the combine I saw his film. Austin looked good but never blew me away. He could be anther Santana Moss, DJax or could be anther Ginn Jr, Hester. Seemed like a high risk pick with limited reward to me. Expectantly with the ST role diminishing. At no point did I look at his body of work and thought wow this guy is going to be a CJ or Fitz type WR. I LOVED Moss more then anyone but I would have never taken him that high. Oh to be fair Kerley barely played his rookie year. I thought he looked impressive when he did but he didnt light the world on fire. 2-3 years who knows what Austin could be. But yeah way over drafted IMO.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    Media hype with the help of mel kipper and crew......geno was supposed to be a first rounder until UKNOWN sources came to light and he fell. The media hype makes players into more of what they actually are. I watch as much college ball as I do pro ball and after seeing many WVU games it was easy to see that Geno had a little something to do with Austin's success.....to take him in the top 10 was absurd.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I have no clue how Austin jumped so high so fast in the draft. He was listed as a 2nd rounder for most of the follow up and then like 1 month prior all of the sudden he was a sure shot top 10 everyone had to have. Where did it happen? I watched the combine I saw his film. Austin looked good but never blew me away. He could be anther Santana Moss, DJax or could be anther Ginn Jr, Hester. Seemed like a high risk pick with limited reward to me. Expectantly with the ST role diminishing. At no point did I look at his body of work and thought wow this guy is going to be a CJ or Fitz type WR. I LOVED Moss more then anyone but I would have never taken him that high. Oh to be fair Kerley barely played his rookie year. I thought he looked impressive when he did but he didnt light the world on fire. 2-3 years who knows what Austin could be. But yeah way over drafted IMO.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Kerley is a very good, tough Slot Receiver who should be here for a Long time and make winning Plays. The big key for me though is Hill, he Stretches the defense and opens up all that space underneath for Cumberland, Kerley and Nelson...

  8. #8

  9. #9
    I'm a #freethekerley believer

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,633
    Kerley was huge on 3rd down in the Patsie game. Very refreshing to see the guy moving the chains again and again.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,363
    Watch Kerley go up and catch the ball with his hands. And then watch Hill....the difference is unbelievable. Kerley is >5'10 and he can probably catch a higher pass than Hill. They should lock the two of them in a room and see if Kerley will rub off on Hill simply by osmosis.

    I hope Kerley is given a nice extension after this season. He's one of the guys this offense should build around. Not necessarily a star, but a very nice part of any offense.

    4yrs/$14m maybe? Just a guess.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobblingjetster View Post
    Lets ignore the fools that only try to bait us and celebrate our players.

    Kerley gave Geno perfect targets and he does it game after game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-boQirvkJVE
    He came up big in the Pats game but was non existant in the Steelers game; however, that could be the play calling.

  13. #13
    I haven't seen Austin play, but he did come to Jersey City on his week off to speak to some middle school kids when the NFL opened their exhibit at the Liberty Science Center. He didn't have to do that so I like him.

    http://lsc.org/see-whats-happening/c...ridiron-glory/

    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Lets compare our 5th round pick kerley to the 8th overall pick in tavon Austin......ZERO comparison. Kerley has been solid since
    he was a rookie and he had sanchez throwing to him. Tavon went to a team that had a so called franchise qb in Bradford while kerley had to play with a rookie. Kerley runs precise route and has speed...I love this kid...he is so reliable. How many huge grabs did he make yesterday vs the patriots. I also recall that route he ran on the touchdown vs the falcons.....super precise.

  14. #14
    He's the kind of guy who you'd see on New England and you'd just despise. Love it.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I have always backed Kerley. If people still dont see him as a legit #2 I dont get it. Him and Hill are a very good combo. Add a TE and a scat back we could have a very potent passing game.
    He's an above average Slot receiver and someone I hope the Jets keep but ....

    1) The more I see of Hill the less I like him. He has the speed and hasn't "dropped" a lot of balls this year but doesn't have the body control necessary to play the position at a high level. He does not attack the ball well (or at all) I'm not sure he's ever going to be able to do that.

    2) Even if you make Hill the 2, Keep Kerley in the slot, you still need a 1. I can live with - TBD real #1, Hill 2 and Kerley in the slot.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,229
    This is the awesomest thread ever.
    Just continue to feed him, and #FreeTheKerley will continue to beast.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Watch Kerley go up and catch the ball with his hands. And then watch Hill....the difference is unbelievable.
    Did you see a couple of plays where Hill leaped high in the air so that he could try to catch the ball in .... his stomach???

    He was shaking his head a lot afterwards, so I'm hoping this is something that maybe he can learn. In college, he was always wide open. Now he has to realize that he'll never be wide open - and he has to go and get the ball... Nelson and Kerley vs. Hill are like night and day.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us