Thread: Funniest Presser I've Seen in a While: Obama on ACA Website Failure

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Funniest Presser I've Seen in a While: Obama on ACA Website Failure

Hilarious if you havn't seen it, check YouTube I am sure it's there.

Hundreds of millions invested, an almost total failure as a website, reports of VERY few people signing up (and the President won't say, clearly because it'll look bad)......

.....and whats the Presidents play?

A "Hey, I'm an outside like you guys, I don't know how this happened, I's sure pissed about it too" total abdication of responsabillity for this massive boondoggle failure.

Look, I could be convinced much of the ACA has some merit, even if I prefer a different route to reach the same goals.

But this total "shrug, wasn't me" thing by the President should piss off everyone, pro-ACA and anti-ACA alike.

For the pro crowd, his administrations efforts are making your new program look like dog****.

For the Anti crowd, it's just more examples of how Government does everything for far more costs with far fewer real results.

And think, if not for the shutdown political theatre, we might have been talking about this failure every day for the past three weeks......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't watch it either. How does he get a pass on the websites. Whose managing this stuff. I'd like to see who gets fired but that wasn't addressed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Hilarious if you havn't seen it, check YouTube I am sure it's there.

Hundreds of millions invested, an almost total failure as a website, reports of VERY few people signing up (and the President won't say, clearly because it'll look bad)......

.....and whats the Presidents play?

A "Hey, I'm an outside like you guys, I don't know how this happened, I's sure pissed about it too" total abdication of responsabillity for this massive boondoggle failure.

Look, I could be convinced much of the ACA has some merit, even if I prefer a different route to reach the same goals.

But this total "shrug, wasn't me" thing by the President should piss off everyone, pro-ACA and anti-ACA alike.

For the pro crowd, his administrations efforts are making your new program look like dog****.

For the Anti crowd, it's just more examples of how Government does everything for far more costs with far fewer real results.

And think, if not for the shutdown political theatre, we might have been talking about this failure every day for the past three weeks......
    Do you really think that it would have gotten much play from the MSM if the shutdown hadn't happened? I don't. They would cover for Obama just like they did for the Fast and furious and Bengazi debacles. Those were about murder this is a bad website.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And his worshipers love him for it.

Did you catch the latest talking points spin. The site is failing b.c it is so popular that it couldn't handle all the hits it was getting. LOL. Sad thing is that there are people that are willing to believe this crap.

No worries. Barry is on the case now. All will be solved. 3 years and HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS later.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Complete and total disaster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Do you really think that it would have gotten much play from the MSM if the shutdown hadn't happened? I don't. They would cover for Obama just like they did for the Fast and furious and Bengazi debacles. Those were about murder this is a bad website.

THIS!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The best part was when the woman behind him almost keeled over.

I felt bad for her, because apparently she's diabetic and pregnant, and she was probably really embarrassed. That being said, nothing annoys me more than when Obama uses "regular people" as human props whenever he says something he thinks is important. It's such a lame optical play.

His rhetoric is embarrassing. "It's not my fault! I don't know what's going on! I'm angry too!" We've come a long, sad way from Harry "The buck stops here" Truman.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And you know what the really ironic thing is?

Anyone who closely followed the 2012 Presidential election can tell you that the Obama campaign ran the most sophisticated technological voter outreach program in history. They built websites and databases that could identify likely voters down to the single person based on web surfing habits, and then built a system that allowed for these voters to not only donate money to the campaign but also recruit friends and coworkers to donate and volunteer along with them. These rollouts were flawless, because they had to be, and were a huge reason why Obama was able to connect with younger voters, and tap into their wallets.

Now we have the big Healthcare overhaul, Obama's centerpiece legislation, the ONLY thing that can count towards anything resembling a postive legacy when he leaves office, and it's web presence resembles something built by GOP staffers in the late 90s.

Once again it shows that this President has always ever been about campaigning. All he knows how to do is paint a pretty picture for the unwashed masses, hook them in with flowery rhetoric, and soon they'll follow him anywhere while throwing money in his wake. This is the President of the United States - a panderer-in-chief of the highest order, propped up by cult of personality that borders on Stalinesque.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post

I felt bad for her, because apparently she's diabetic and pregnant, and she was probably really embarrassed. That being said, nothing annoys me more than when Obama uses "regular people" as human props whenever he says something he thinks is important. It's such a lame optical play.

His rhetoric is embarrassing. "It's not my fault! I don't know what's going on! I'm angry too!" We've come a long, sad way from Harry "The buck stops here" Truman.
    He comes from a culture of victimhood and its always someone else's fault! This whole debacle is a vanity project he wants to take full credit for..unless of course the 'puters shyte the bed...then its someone elses fault...and the libs in lockstep behind him growling at anyone taking a critical eye to the whole thing. All I needed to know about this crap Obamacare I heard first hand from Dr. friends who now regret their career choice for the first time.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    He comes from a culture of victimhood and its always someone else's fault! This whole debacle is a vanity project he wants to take full credit for..unless of course the 'puters shyte the bed...then its someone elses fault...and the libs in lockstep behind him growling at anyone taking a critical eye to the whole thing. All I needed to know about this crap Obamacare I heard first hand from Dr. friends who now regret their career choice for the first time.

-
    "Rich people who earn their money can eat a dick" -Obama

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also love how they are trying to give us estimates of how many people signed up. It is a website. They know exactly how many people are registered and how many people are fully signed up. They even know how many hits the site is getting. Anybody buying this mularkey is an idiot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post

Please tell me you don't actually buy that ham-fisted acting job, do you?

Diabetic, pregnant, or not....that was Political Theatre at it's most glaringly obvious.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is only gonna get worse.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Please tell me you don't actually buy that ham-fisted acting job, do you?

Diabetic, pregnant, or not....that was Political Theatre at it's most glaringly obvious.
    Damn, you're probably right Warfish. A momentary lapse of healthy, well-founded skepticism on my part.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fight the man.

Post during working hours.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Funniest Presser I've Seen in a While: Obama on ACA Website Failure

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    All I needed to know about this crap Obamacare I heard first hand from Dr. friends who now regret their career choice for the first time.

-
    Actually, it would be the second time. In the 80s, it was big malpractice awards and the massive insurance premiums that go along with it that were driving people away from the soon-to-be unprofitable profession.

In all honesty, it's a travesty that they didn't dedicate the resources to get this done properly. Say what you want about Cheney/Bush/et al, and I'm certainly not in their fan club, but when they got their war in Iraq, they were prepared for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I also love how they are trying to give us estimates of how many people signed up. It is a website. They know exactly how many people are registered and how many people are fully signed up. They even know how many hits the site is getting. Anybody buying this mularkey is an idiot.
    of course.

you do realize that somewhere in the bowels of the IRS, you've just been signed up for an audit, right?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades
    Wondering this as well.

Not so much whether it would be covered. I think it probable would have been. But why would that matter? After Benghazi I began to believe this administration truly is bulletproof. I'm not sure footage of a drone strike blowing up a preschool would matter the way the political landscape is now.