Thread: Voter Fraud Doesn't Exist

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Voter Fraud Doesn't Exist

Fla. Democrat congressman's ex-chief of staff jailed for voter fraud scheme

The former chief of staff of a Democratic Florida congressman will serve 90 days in jail after admitting to a voter fraud scheme during the 2012 election.

WSVN reports Jeffrey Garcia pled guilty Monday to one felony charge and three misdemeanor charges after admitting he illegally requested hundreds of absentee ballots while he was running the campaign for Rep. Joe Garcia, who he is not related to.

Garcia’s lawyer tells the station that his client never intended to steal anyone’s vote.

“I think the facts show he actually didn't manipulate anybody's vote, interfere with anybody's ballot,” Henry Bell said. “All they did was request the ballots. The way they did it was in violation of the applicable statutes, and that's it."

Garcia resigned in June after taking responsibility for the plot and being asked by the congressman for his resignation.

Rep. Garcia, who took office in January, said in a statement Monday “it is painful to watch a friend go through this very difficult ordeal.”

In the scheme, Jeffrey Garcia attempted to manipulate last year's primary elections by submitting hundreds of fraudulent absentee-ballot requests.

Joe Garcia won the primary and later defeated incumbent Republican David Rivera in the general election.

That primary resulted in a separate, federal corruption investigation into whether Rivera had ties to the illegally funded primary campaign of one of Garcia's opponents. Rivera has denied any wrongdoing.

Remember, asking for a photo ID is a racist, sexist, homophobic abuse of basic human rights.....unless you want to buy beer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Remember, asking for a photo ID is a racist, sexist, homophobic abuse of basic human rights.....unless you want to buy beer.
    Just curious - would a voter ID law stop someone from requesting tons of absentee ballots?

I'm not following the correlation between requesting absentee ballots and voter ID requirements.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Just curious - would a voter ID law stop someone from requesting tons of absentee ballots?

I'm not following the correlation between requesting absentee ballots and voter ID requirements.
    I assume his reason for requesting the ballots was purely on the up and up right? Just wanted to line his bird cage or something?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    I'm not following the correlation between.......
    Funny, thats the EXACT same thought I have when people say "Voter ID's are Racist!!!!!".

But it's ok, because Voter Fraud doesn't exist after all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, never said this wasn't fraud or attempt at fraud.

Asked what a voter ID law would do for this scenario.

And?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what the Left does. Been like this since at least 1917. Can't win on ideas. They're like the Patriots* of the political world. lol

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For arguments sake let's say this guy stole 100 votes.

How does that compare to the gerrymandered House of Representatives?

In 2012 the Democrats got 1 million more votes that the GOP but ended up with 31 less seats in the house. 1 or 2 or 5 maybe but thirty effing one?
    sounds fishy to me

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ity-2012-popu/

...By Cook’s calculations, House Democrats out-earned their Republican counterparts by 1.17 million votes. Read another way, Democrats won 50.59 percent of the two-party vote. Still, they won just 46.21 percent of seats, leaving the Republicans with 234 seats and Democrats with 201...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    For arguments sake let's say this guy stole 100 votes.

How does that compare to the gerrymandered House of Representatives?

In 2012 the Democrats got 1 million more votes that the GOP but ended up with 31 less seats in the house. 1 or 2 or 5 maybe but thirty effing one?
    sounds fishy to me

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ity-2012-popu/
    It is only fishy if you have absolutely no idea how voting for house representatives works.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    It is only fishy if you have absolutely no idea how voting for house representatives works.
    Right, or pretend that both sides haven't been gerrymandering since the inception of the system.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Newsday (very liberal) just did an article about how dead people are still voting. Zombies aside, there is indeed a problem.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The walking dead who still think Obama loves them!