Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Incredible Shrinking Budget Deficit

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    And When the Bush administration was leading the country what was your opinion then?
    LOL. Pretty much everyone agrees Bush sucked, unfortunately so does Obama.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Three things

3. We owe 17 trillion in debt; how do we pay that off. Interest rates will eventually go up as we are printing money.
    When interest rates go back up it will mean unemployment will be below 6% which will mean the tax base will be much larger which is one of the ways we will pay back the debt.

The debt needn't be paid back in one year, the Clinton Administration paid off most of the Reagan debt. So it can be done.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    LOL. Pretty much everyone agrees Bush sucked, unfortunately so does Obama.
    I am assuming you voted for President Bush twice?

I don't Remember the GOP faithful complaining about the debt while Mr Bush was in office.

I also don't remember any of the GOP faithful commenting when Alan Greenspan supported President Bush's Tax cut when he said:

...At zero debt, the continuing unified budget surpluses now projected under current law imply a major accumulation of private assets by the federal government. Such an accumulation would make the federal government a significant factor in our nation’s capital markets and would risk significant distortion in the allocation of capital to its most productive uses. Such a distortion could be quite costly, as it is our extraordinarily effective allocation process that has enabled such impressive increases in productivity and standards of living despite a relatively low domestic saving rate...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't Remember the GOP faithful complaining about the debt while Mr Bush was in office.

I also don't remember any of the GOP faithful commenting when Alan Greenspan supported President Bush's Tax cut when he said:
    Interestingly..I know of NO conservatives who liked BUSH. McCain type repubs like him. Bush was a RINO. His creation of the TSA is an example of liberal spending by a RINO. BUSH sucked as a leader of our country and compromised a LOT.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Interestingly..I know of NO conservatives who liked BUSH. McCain type repubs like him. Bush was a RINO. His creation of the TSA is an example of liberal spending by a RINO. BUSH sucked as a leader of our country and compromised a LOT.
    So you didn't vote for him?

Did you complain or write your representative about the debt or deficit while he was in office?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you complain or write your representative about the debt or deficit while he was in office?
    Is he doing that now? If not, then what's your point?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you vote for Obama? You started this line of inquiry by drawing an equivalency between Bush and Obama.

If it lends me any credibility (that would be a first), i stayed home during the 2004 election.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Always the lesser of two evils for me my friend. Now that you mention it Kerry vs Bush has to be the all time worst competing tickets in US History.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look guys, we only increased spending by 18% this year instead of the 19% we did last year. We CUT spending.

Look guys, we only increased the National Debt by $600 billion instead of by $800 billion. We CUT the debt.

No, not really.

End of the day, we still increased spending and we still increased our National Debt. Spin will never change fact.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Look guys, we only increased spending by 18% this year instead of the 19% we did last year. We CUT spending.

Look guys, we only increased the National Debt by $600 billion instead of by $800 billion. We CUT the debt.

No, not really.

End of the day, we still increased spending and we still increased our National Debt. Spin will never change fact.
    Yeah. But, but, what about BUSH?!?!?!

BUSH!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Yeah. But, but, what about BUSH?!?!?!

BUSH!
    Funny you mention that, thats now the talking point de jour to defend the ACA Website debacle with.

"WHY AREN'T REPUBLICANS TALKING ABOUT HOW BAD MEDICARE PART D WENT, HUH!!! HUH!!!! HUH!!!!! WE'LL TELL YOU, IT's BECAUSE OBAMA IS BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lol at the lols of it all, really.