Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Tone back this week?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

'Tone back this week?

SethWalderNYDNSeth Walder

Santonio Holmes is on the field and in uniform. #nyj

54 seconds ago

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope not. Wish he would stay away permanently. Would rather have Nelson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post

54 seconds ago
    Good news!

We need our best playmaker on offense to get healthy!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    While I agree in theory...we are paying the SOB and he can play.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    +1. Can't say I approve of all his antics over the years but this team is better with him on the field (at this point in time) than they are without him. So, him being on the field is a good thing in my mind.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome news

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    whoopee....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Cincy loses ist best cover Corner we might get our most talented WR back... bodes well for us...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    +1. Can't say I approve of all his antics over the years but this team is better with him on the field (at this point in time) than they are without him. So, him being on the field is a good thing in my mind.
    I bet Geno wants him....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    54 seconds ago
    Put Nelson and Holmes as starters with Kerly in the slot. Have Hill come in for 4 and 5 WR sets. At this point Nelson has better hands than Hill and while he may lack Hill's speed, he has plenty enough to be a starter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. We've been losing weapons. We needed to get some back. Winslow coming back in two weeks should help a lot too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick passes will be crucial this week so this is great news

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Put Nelson and Holmes as starters with Kerly in the slot. Have Hill come in for 4 and 5 WR sets. At this point Nelson has better hands than Hill and while he may lack Hill's speed, he has plenty enough to be a starter.
    LOL, your kidding, i hope.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santonio Holmes not expected to play
    Share on Fancred
    BY JOE SORIANO - OCT 23RD, 2013 AT 1:10 PM

PREVIOUS
    NEXT

New York Jets No. 1 WR Santonio Holmes probably won’t be the No. 1 WR much longer with the way both he and Jeremy Kerley seem to be trending, and Holmes remains one of the most frustrating players in the game. He has plenty of talent, but he never seems to care or be able to consistently put together that talent. He’s also suffered several injuries lately, and he has been slow to heal on all of them. The New York Post’s Brian Costello reports that the Jets “don’t expect” Santonio Holmes to play against the Cincinnati Bengals this week, and the timing of this report is extremely interesting.

Holmes suffered a hamstring injury in Week 4, and the 29-year-old hasn’t played since. However, he did start to practice this week, so it’s interesting to see that Holmes still isn’t expected to play despite getting back on the practice field. The Jets have a bye week in Week 9 before facing a division rival in the Buffalo Bills the week after, so maybe the fact that there is a bye week coming up is incentive for Holmes to take another week off and rest up through the bye.

There is little doubt that Holmes continues to be a disappointment, and it’s come to the point where Jets fans are no longer disappointed by his lack of production or inability to get on the field; their expectations are just that low at this point. Still, he is averaging 60 yards per game this season, so the talent does have a knack for showing up in spurts. But consistency is key at the WR position, and the majority of his receiving yards this season came in one game, against extremely weak competition.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    And the reality is that the past two offseasons he's made a point of being more of a vet, professional and mentor than the "Bad Tone" who showed up in that game at Miami. He also is out there in the community with his charity. So I can't help but think this guy may have turned a corner.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I won't entertain the "Holmes is a Cancer" talk but I will say this....

It surely doesn't bode well for Holmes returning next year if he can't even get on the field.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Agreed. Nelson is clearly a better football player than Hill.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Salty

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    And the reality is that the past two offseasons he's made a point of being more of a vet, professional and mentor than the "Bad Tone" who showed up in that game at Miami. He also is out there in the community with his charity. So I can't help but think this guy may have turned a corner.
    I also don't think he's as bad as his rep is. In watching, I saw a guy who knew and studied his craft diligently and looked to impart some of his wisdom onto other guys (i.e. Joe Mc). Now, there is obviously a side to him that isn't all peaches and cream and he clearly needs to learn how to deal with some stuff that comes up, but there's more to him than simply being the guy stormed off the field in Miami.

And, if he shows the rest of the season that he is committed to being the best WR possible and is really productive on the field, I'll consider keeping him next year. Of course, if he starts problems again, he isn't worth the $10m. But, I'm open about him still.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed, can't stand the guy and can't wait to cut his ass but he can play (just not as well as he thinks) and will help the team on the field.