Thread: Member of Obama's national security staff axed over Tweetuh remarks

Hall Of Fame

Member of Obama's national security staff axed over Tweetuh remarks

Pretty odd story.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/22/politi...red/index.html

(CNN) -- A White House national security official was fired after sending sometimes insulting messages on Twitter under a fake name, a senior administration official said.
    The story about National Security Council Director of Nonproliferation Jofi Joseph was first reported by the Daily Beast.

Joseph was fired for messages sent on the account @natsecwonk, the administration official confirmed to CNN's Jake Tapper.

That account had been deleted Tuesday evening.

The Daily Beast reported the account had been used to send messages to the foreign policy community since 2011. The website said some of the tweets contained messages that insulted top White House officials.

In one, @natsecwonk wrote, "I'm a fan of Obama, but his continuing reliance and dependence upon a vacuous cipher like Valerie Jarrett concerns me."

In other Twitter messages, the Daily Beast said he was critical of Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes and Secretary of State John Kerry.

His messages were also critical of Republicans, foreign policy experts and others.

In one tweet, the Daily Beast said he wrote, "So when will someone do us the favor of getting rid of Sarah Palin and the rest of her white trash family? What utter useless..."
    CNN attempted to contact Joseph but has not yet received a response.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    In one, @natsecwonk wrote, "I'm a fan of Obama, but his continuing reliance and dependence upon a vacuous cipher like Valerie Jarrett concerns me."

-

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    Add Samantha Power and Susan Rice to that list. People don't realize it but these women have his ear and are shaping our foreign policy. It is scary.

Jets Insider VIP
    I read some of the tweets. They come across as coming from a very catty gay dude. lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I read some of the tweets. They come across as coming from a very catty gay dude. lol
    Isnt that the new demographic?

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Hampur material