Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Bucs going to keep paying Revis?

Are the Bucs going to keep paying Revis?

At this point, I think we all realize that paying Revis what he wanted would've been dumb. The trade has worked out famously so far. Sheldon Richardson is a stud, and we could be getting a very high 3rd round pick in the 2014 draft.

But if I remember correctly, the Bucs didn't guarantee any money to Revis beyond this year. Any chance they just cut ties given their current situation? I think that would effect the pick we get from them in 2014.

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    LOL

That is priceless

jets should ask the bucs for revis back..give them miiliner or cromartie take the rest of the contract and worry about Revis' money next year...no one will give him 16 mil...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    jets should ask the bucs for revis back..give them miiliner or cromartie take the rest of the contract and worry about Revis' money next year...no one will give him 16 mil...
    What you smokin....

All League
    he will still demand a high dollar number, and if not the first year, play well then hold out the next.........let the greddy bum rot on a losing team!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    How about we just move the hell on already?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    What you smokin....
    i'm serious...this d with revis?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Revis hates the Jets and the Jets hate Revis man it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    i just can't let go...

The Bucs will keep Revis. If there is one thing that is more important for gm's and front offices to do it is to be seen as being WRONG about a recent move. They will can Schiano and the Dcoordinator and hire someone with a man philosophy.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I think Woody & Idzik hate Revis, I think Revis loved NY & being a JET.Revis just hated being under payed ( In his opinion) by the JETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Bucs will keep Revis. If there is one thing that is more important for gm's and front offices to do it is to be seen as being WRONG about a recent move. They will can Schiano and the Dcoordinator and hire someone with a man philosophy.
    TB is very likely to have a new coach and GM next year after this debacle. If a new GM comes in I doubt they keep Revis. Your talking a 16 mil handcuff that is going to want 50+ mil guaranteed next year. Your also talking a 3rd rounder that could be the 2-3 rd pick in the 3rd if you keep him. If a new GM is looking to build his team. That 16 mil and 3rd rounder are good pieces to build on. I wouldnt at all be shocked if he was moved by the trade dead line for a 3rd rounder just to get something back. I dont think they will even get a comp pick if he walks next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    TB is very likely to have a new coach and GM next year after this debacle. If a new GM comes in I doubt they keep Revis. Your talking a 16 mil handcuff that is going to want 50+ mil guaranteed next year. Your also talking a 3rd rounder that could be the 2-3 rd pick in the 3rd if you keep him. If a new GM is looking to build his team. That 16 mil and 3rd rounder are good pieces to build on. I wouldnt at all be shocked if he was moved by the trade dead line for a 3rd rounder just to get something back. I dont think they will even get a comp pick if he walks next year.
    thank you...why not to the Jets?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Hmm A gay HC I can see Kerry getting a job at least..

Undrafted Free Agent
    i just can't let go...
    If I can you can...he was my favorite Jet...had a jersey, signed football by him, cards...I don't know what to do with them now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    and I still can't figure out how to change my username on here!

If I can you can...he was my favorite Jet...had a jersey, signed football by him, cards...I don't know what to do with them now.
    keep 'em...i got a feeling....

To answer one of the original questions, if he's cut, we get their 4th, not their 3rd.

I'm not sure what happens if he gets traded.

Personally, I think TB *should* cut him. They'd get $16M in cap space, plus they get their own 3rd (in exchange for their 4th).

What will happen? Who knows.

Revis still a great, great player. Is he worth 16 mil? Not this year and not to us, as we still are work in progress.
    But if Geno is a stud we all want him to be, and with some money we will have next year.. He can be a difference between SB and first round exit.