Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Bucs going to keep paying Revis?

Undrafted Free Agent
    He's not worth 16 million when you are playing zone coverage! That's like getting Peyton Manning to run the ball 50 times a game lol

Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    Revis hates the Jets and the Jets hate Revis man it's as simple as that.
    What? He loved playing for Rex, only guy in NFL who will use him to his max ability.. Other than Rex bro.. Bet he misses jets now, must hate bucks, makes him play zone, record horrible, and HC is biggest dichead in the NFL..

Undrafted Free Agent
    what about the awesome family environment that the bucs have? Plus he said Rex lied to him.

I think the bucs are going to have a new gm and coach next year and Revis will likely be traded to the highest bidder to recoup part of the cost. Some team that believes they are a cb away will rent him at that price for a year or two but Tampa is going to take a bath in terms of draft picks. They might get a 2nd for him.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    I think the bucs are going to have a new gm and coach next year and Revis will likely be traded to the highest bidder to recoup part of the cost. Some team that believes they are a cb away will rent him at that price for a year or two but Tampa is going to take a bath in terms of draft picks. They might get a 2nd for him.
    What I was thinking.. Lets say Mevis totally changed his attitude after being in hell in Tampa for a yr and wants to come back to jets.. How about instead of trading a 2nd we hand them Cro and a 4th? For the m2m Rex wants to play revis is huge upgrade over Cro.. Cro is very good when he gets some help in zone.. Tampa should realize Cro can do what revis can in zone or close to it, for cheaper salary.. And they get a 4th rder.. Does revis have no trade clause?

I don't really want him back, that wasn't my point. I just think given the fact that everyone is about to get fired down there and they're going to look at their situation and say paying him is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    What? He loved playing for Rex, only guy in NFL who will use him to his max ability.. Other than Rex bro.. Bet he misses jets now, must hate bucks, makes him play zone, record horrible, and HC is biggest dichead in the NFL..
    I dont get why anyone would think Revis hated being a JET. He didnt leave badly at all and the team showed him mad respect when he was here. If they went after him I would think a tie would actually go to the JETS because the relationship was so good here with him.

i want him back now...like i said send them milliner or cromartie... doesn't matter...he's not getting 16 mil next year from anybody...

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    i want him back now...like i said send them milliner or cromartie... doesn't matter...he's not getting 16 mil next year from anybody...
    Disagree. Some team with the cap space to pay for what they believe is the missing piece will go deep in the playoffs and get toasted in the secondary this year. They will pay.

It was Revis' last big money contract, and only one year of guaranteed money. TB gambled on timing and lost. We let him go in a rebuilding year. Its very possible he'll be back, at a cost thats easy to swallow.

What I was thinking.. Lets say Mevis totally changed his attitude after being in hell in Tampa for a yr and wants to come back to jets.. How about instead of trading a 2nd we hand them Cro and a 4th? For the m2m Rex wants to play revis is huge upgrade over Cro.. Cro is very good when he gets some help in zone.. Tampa should realize Cro can do what revis can in zone or close to it, for cheaper salary.. And they get a 4th rder.. Does revis have no trade clause?
    Last I checked, the way his contract is structured is $16mm/yr for six years with no bonuses or guaranteed money to affect the salary cap. So basically, it's a series of 6 x $16mm/yr contracts.

Basically, just wait till they don't pick up next year's option (which they won't because they won't want to pay him that much) which should terminate the entire contract, at which point he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Then fly Rex down to Tampa and have Rex wine 'n dine him, charm him with his incredible exotic blitz schemes which utilize Revis' strengths by locking him in man to man for only a few seconds as the QB gets rid of the ball, and entice him with a brilliant DLine which will open up the safety to give him help over the top as Revis ages and can't keep up. Revis will be signing here for $50mm/5yrs and signing a no hold out clause on top of it!

All League
    I dont think he really cares, he got paid, thats the only thing that matters to him. He is happy

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    At this point, I think we all realize that paying Revis what he wanted would've been dumb. The trade has worked out famously so far. Sheldon Richardson is a stud, and we could be getting a very high 3rd round pick in the 2014 draft.

But if I remember correctly, the Bucs didn't guarantee any money to Revis beyond this year. Any chance they just cut ties given their current situation? I think that would effect the pick we get from them in 2014.
    Kudos Kidd for this post, really good question but I think any organization that commits a 1st round and a 3rd round pick for a player will stick with him for at least a couple of years. Even if they get rid of the coach, the GM would be lambasted along with the rest of the org for letting arguably the best CB in the NFL go for free. However, as you noted they have no guarantee monies tied to his contract past this year - so anything is possible. I would say they have more of a penchant for trading him with no cap hit then anything else.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No still he loves bucks it's the Buc's he may not be happy with..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    No still he loves bucks it's the Buc's he may not be happy with..
    Ha yes I know but you can tell the ego revis has as being the best corner.. Could tell Sherman really ticked him off that this kid was saying he was better.. I really think revis agreed to that contract because he could say to league " I make 16 mil a yr no corner makes anything as close " in reality if he loved " bucks" he would have been smart to lower his price for more guarantee $$$.. Incredibly risky going with no guarantee $.. Bucs are in a tough spot, lose face cutting revis basically gave us #13 overall pick and a 4th for 1 yr of revis.. In a yr where they stunk anyway... Fans would rip them up. Would seem like they would be totally rebuilding.. They will want to trade him..

All League
    Personally I think Revis is too proud to return to a team that traded him. .....and if Im right, then oh well who gives a fck...rot in Tampa or Oakland or take a "pay cut" for all I care

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

If Revis goes to the Pro Bowl this year, it will be sheer reputation. Not that he's not playing well, but he's not having a Revis year, whether it's the injury, the system he's playing in, WRs he plays against, etc. He has to play NO twice, Carolina twice, and Atlanta twice. That's not the same as playing Buffalo, Miami and New England. (for a DB, anyway).

Veteran
    Tampabay will have a new coach and GM. That new GM will have no ties to Revis and plenty of incentives too cut him because he will not affect their cap situation. Now if Revis signed a contract that had a large signing bonus, this would be a different conversation. I fully expect them to cut ties with Revis because why pay a CB 16 mil on a rebuilding team. Why give up a third, when they can give up a fourth.

And I highly doubt they trade him this season. This GM made his bed and is going to go down full bore with the sinking ship that TB is.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Holy **** that is awesome

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    i'm serious...this d with revis?
    I get it...it's like that blue meth...a little Revis will rip the skull right off our collective heads.

Pusher!