Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Two more teachers killed. RIP

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I would share this. The Danvers murder case has everyone on edge,,,,

Our local cops had a meeting with teachers yesterday. Among their suggestions were...

Teachers should go buy rope and practice tying it to the door handles (they don't lock) then having the kids (as young as kindergarten) all pull on it to hold it shut.

"Teacher...why are we all practicing pulling this rope?"

"So the crazed murderer can't shoot us all kids!"

That should help them all sleep at night.

Other suggestions they made....have an emergency snack (remember..no nuts!) and water kit on hand for prolonged stand offs and a tarp to rig up to create a temporary bathroom.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Maybe it has to do with setting kids up for failure over the last 12 years by destroying their self esteem through standardized tests that are way too difficult. Or maybe kids have no outlets because schools have turned into testing factories where everyone fails and there is little to no enrichment programs. Maybe schools have made these kids so angry and filled with hate because all they do is fail and believe they are losers.

Naaaaaaa, just hand the teacher a gun, yeah that'll work.......
    No that's a stupid idea. Teachers absolutely should not be armed. I have seen trained professionals in the army have negligent discharges how the hell are we going to put loaded guns in the hands of teachers? lol

What they really need to do is legalize corporal punishment back to schools and allow school to expel kids/fine parents for their behavior. Kids these days in schools can do whatever they want and get away with it. I would even take it a step further don't expunge kids' records once they turn 18. If you commit a misdemeanor or felony by the time your 13 it should go on your permanent record. Kids today are so stupid yet they think they know everything. They are so weak yet they all think they're gangsta.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Maybe it has to do with setting kids up for failure over the last 12 years by destroying their self esteem through standardized tests that are way too difficult. Or maybe kids have no outlets because schools have turned into testing factories where everyone fails and there is little to no enrichment programs. Maybe schools have made these kids so angry and filled with hate because all they do is fail and believe they are losers.

Naaaaaaa, just hand the teacher a gun, yeah that'll work.......
    I teach at a local university...here in the SOUTH. No teachers unions, no excuses. Trust me , you are wrong. Kids are kids and I have had many terrifically average students excel.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 10-26-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

Our local cops had a meeting with teachers yesterday. Among their suggestions were...

Teachers should go buy rope and practice tying it to the door handles (they don't lock) then having the kids (as young as kindergarten) all pull on it to hold it shut.

Other suggestions they made....have an emergency snack (remember..no nuts!) and water kit on hand for prolonged stand offs and a tarp to rig up to create a temporary bathroom.
    I would laugh if this wasn't so sad. Whoever came up with the rope idea should be hung with said rope.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I teach at a local university...here in the SOUTH. No teachers unions, no excuses. Trust me , you are wrong. Kids are kids and Inhabe had many terrifically average students excel.
    What is that.

I think you are missing the point. Schools teach kids to prep for college. If you don't understand algebra and like to paint then that should be Okay also. If you fail algebra are you a loser. We need plumbers, electricians, receptionist, guards etc. Not everyone has to understand Statistics and Calculus. Standard testing means what? Some teachers determined what you need to know to pass. And if you don't you are a loser. Our system of education needs to be more adaptive and less political.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    What is that.

I think you are missing the point. Schools teach kids to prep for college. If you don't understand algebra and like to paint then that should be Okay also. If you fail algebra are you a loser. We need plumbers, electricians, receptionist, guards etc. Not everyone has to understand Statistics and Calculus. Standard testing means what? Some teachers determined what you need to know to pass. And if you don't you are a loser. Our system of education needs to be more adaptive and less political.
    I agree... However, the market for students with weak math etc... Is shrinking.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

Was this a SNL sketch?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    No that's a stupid idea. Teachers absolutely should not be armed. I have seen trained professionals in the army have negligent discharges how the hell are we going to put loaded guns in the hands of teachers? lol

What they really need to do is legalize corporal punishment back to schools and allow school to expel kids/fine parents for their behavior. Kids these days in schools can do whatever they want and get away with it. I would even take it a step further don't expunge kids' records once they turn 18. If you commit a misdemeanor or felony by the time your 13 it should go on your permanent record. Kids today are so stupid yet they think they know everything. They are so weak yet they all think they're gangsta.
    Not a fan of the new "roll eyes." I was being totally sarcastic. Arming teachers is as bad of an idea as the Common Core Standards