Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Even MORE Beantown Cheating?!?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post

At least the ump got a good look at the call
    Yeah, be a total moron and try to blame the ump. Or claim he wasn't looking. Because only to an idiot Sox fan the ump shouldn't be following the ball. Only to a bigger idiot of a Sox fan would he try to convince people that the ump didn't see the play.

I N F E R I O R I T Y C O M P L E X

Yes.

It's a good thing he turned his head around in time to see the 3rd Baseman lift his legs back up off the ground (after this shot) and trip the baserunner.

Of course, AS PER THE RULES, intent is irrelevant.

Look at the video again, moron. The ump called it right away and was backed up by the home plate umpire. Are you really this ignorant?

All League
    Not a Boston or St. Louis fan, but that is awful that a game is decided like that. That is not good for MLB, when the umpires have already been scrutinized in this Series.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yeah, be a total moron and try to blame the ump. Or claim he wasn't looking. Because only to an idiot Sox fan the ump shouldn't be following the ball. Only to a bigger idiot of a Sox fan would he try to convince people that the ump didn't see the play.

I N F E R I O R I T Y C O M P L E X
    Well there are LF and RF line umps in the WS, so technically, no, he shouldn't be following the ball down the LF line, but to the greater point, that snapshot doesn't prove anything.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Look at the video again, moron. The ump called it right away and was backed up by the home plate umpire. Are you really this ignorant?
    And the best part is, the picture clearly shows that there was obstruction on the play. So wtf is his point? That theres a picture of the ump before he turns around? And this means that the obstruction that happened shouldn't have been called?

Can anyone be this fu(king stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    Not a Boston or St. Louis fan, but that is awful that a game is decided like that. That is not good for MLB, when the umpires have already been scrutinized in this Series.
    Well, the Boston player shouldn't have Obstructed and blocked the baserunner.
    You can't do that. It's their own fault. But if he hadn't tripped him in the baseline he would have scored anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    He wasn't "backed up" by the home plate ump, home plate ump indicated that the 3rd base ump signaled him, stay plebian

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Well, the Boston player shouldn't have Obstructed and blocked the baserunner.
    You can't do that. It's their own fault. But if he hadn't tripped him in the baseline he would have scored anyways.
    Get out with that. If this was Seattle vs San Diego everyone's opinion wouldn't be so set in stone. Rules are rules, no doubt about it. Beltran also blatantly took a pitch off his elbow armor in the 7th without attempting to move, that is also against the rules, so where is your outrage over that?
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 10-27-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Well there are LF and RF line umps in the WS, so technically, no, he shouldn't be following the ball down the LF line, but to the greater point, that snapshot doesn't prove anything.
    What does that have to do with anything, he should be following the ball.

Regardless, yes, the picture shows absolutely nothing, all it proves is that the ump hadn't turned yet in THIS PICTURE. Not that he never saw the obstruction play.

Still my favorite point is that the picture he's using to insinuate that the ump didn't see the play shows that obstruction occurs and the call was right, the game ended the way it should have.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not getting this. They made the right call, proved in every single replay, from every angle.

They got it right, not getting how this isn't good for MLB. The umps will not be scrutinized for making the right call. Ever

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Not getting this. They made the right call, proved in every single replay, from every angle.

They got it right, not getting how this isn't good for MLB. The umps will not be scrutinized for making the right call. Ever
    You don't end a WS game on a call like that, it's that simple. Something like that happens on the base path probably dozens of times throughout a major league season and never gets called. Craig is at least a foot out of the base bath when he trips over him, technically he has no rights outside the base bath, but that is also not a call you make.

All League
    You don't end a WS game on a call like that, it's that simple. Something like that happens on the base path probably dozens of times throughout a major league season and never gets called. Craig is at least a foot out of the base bath when he trips over him, technically he has no rights outside the base bath, but that is also not a call you make.
    As you said, it was an awful call. Craig is way out of the base path. It's a shame a WS game had to end like that but it's done.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You're wrong, they absolutely got the call right.

Your logic is that because you and only you don't think it should have ended it by making the right call, you think it's more fair to penalize the Cards. To take away the play and the win.

Something like that does not happen throughout the season without getting called. And he was not out of the basepath, you're making sh1t up. He slid into 3rd and got up and was immediately tripped, he had every right to be where he was and has every right to an unobstructed route home. Did you actually watch the game?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    As you said, it was an awful call. Craig is way out of the base path. It's a shame a WS game had to end like that but it's done.

Another person who doesn't understand out of the basepath.

Its amazing that the easiest play to call, a call that anyone who reads the rule could and should make still gets a handful of people argue against what all can see.

Get out with that. If this was Seattle vs San Diego everyone's opinion wouldn't be so set in stone. Rules are rules, no doubt about it. Beltran also blatantly took a pitch off his elbow armor in the 7th without attempting to move, that is also against the rules, so where is your outrage over that?
    Uhh... what?

So you think Beltran tried to get hit on his elbow by a pitch?
    I'm a little confused on whether you're joking or not.

Either way, I'm not outraged at all..haha

All League
    For all of you who want to dumb down baseball to nothing but the American League style of play -- ridding the game of its 9-vs.-9 origin by including a designated hitter in all games -- understand that the World Series Game 3 Saturday night would never have found its place in posterity without National League rules. The greatest games of this era continue to take place under the rules of the sport as it was meant to be. The Red Sox lost Game 3 because they couldn't figure out how to play under NL rules, as is usually the case with AL teams.

For all of you who want to dumb down baseball to nothing but the American League style of play -- ridding the game of its 9-vs.-9 origin by including a designated hitter in all games -- understand that the World Series Game 3 Saturday night would never have found its place in posterity without National League rules. The greatest games of this era continue to take place under the rules of the sport as it was meant to be. The Red Sox lost Game 3 because they couldn't figure out how to play under NL rules, as is usually the case with AL teams.
    VERY good point.
    I noticed that they didn't seem too prepared/used to be playing by NL rules.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    VERY good point.
    I noticed that they didn't seem too prepared/used to be playing by NL rules.
    So you agree that the Yankees and the American League play an inferior style of baseball? Seriously dude, I was kidding. NL baseball is stupid. What is the point in this day and age of having a pitcher bat? It would be like an NFL rule that says every ten plays your kicker must be the QB. A waste of time.

So you agree that the Yankees and the American League play an inferior style of baseball? Seriously dude, I was kidding. NL baseball is stupid. What is the point in this day and age of having a pitcher bat? It would be like an NFL rule that says every ten plays your kicker must be the QB. A waste of time.
    I don't agree or care one way or another.
    I just noticed they were running out of pitchers (Boston) and whoever they had from the bullpen batting looked way out of his element.
    But I do kind of like when the pitchers have to bat... It seems to be pretty unpredictable
    It does seem a little strange that both leagues have different rules. Honestly I don't care either way if they went all NL or AL rules for everyone.
    I like football.