Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mel Kiper Jr. listed Sheldon Richardson #1 on his Top 5 rookies list so far.....

Undrafted Free Agent

Mel Kiper Jr. listed Sheldon Richardson #1 on his Top 5 rookies list so far.....

...........He placed Geno right outside the list (#6 I guess). I think we have one hell of a GM!

Veteran
    If Kiko Alonso isn't first, there is no justice in this world.

Kiper is still a moron.

That's pretty good for a glorified expansion team.

Quote Originally Posted by wvjet View Post
    ...........He placed Geno right outside the list (#6 I guess). I think we have one hell of a GM!
    mel kiper...master of the obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Sheldon was first last week too and Kiko just got 4 tackles last game. No surprise Sheldon kept his #1 spot so far.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Jet Life;5038253]Sheldon was first last week too and Kiko just got 4 tackles last game. No surprise Sheldon kept his #1 spot so far.[/QUOTE

That's okay. Kiko must have been tired. He had 22 the week before.

[QUOTE=pdxjets;5038259]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Sheldon was first last week too and Kiko just got 4 tackles last game. No surprise Sheldon kept his #1 spot so far.[/QUOTE

That's funny. But no. He just had a crappy game, while Sheldon brought the heat again

Hall Of Fame
    I haven't been following him much but from what I have read he got off to a fast start and has cooled off a bit. He is not playing poorly but he is not at the level he was in the beginning. In fairness to him it is hard to keep up that pace.

These things tend change every week. FWIW I think Alonso is going to win the official award from the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I haven't been following him much but from what I have read he got off to a fast start and has cooled off a bit. He is not playing poorly but he is not at the level he was in the beginning. In fairness to him it is hard to keep up that pace.

These things tend change every week. FWIW I think Alonso is going to win the official award from the NFL.
    If we beat the Bengals, i would give Richardson the game off against the saints.With the bye, he would have two weeks off, so he can re-energize for the stetch run.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    If we beat the Bengals, i would give Richardson the game off against the saints.With the bye, he would have two weeks off, so he can re-energize for the stetch run.
    Since he is young, play him against the saints and let him take the bye week off to recover... not sure why you think a rookie needs extra time to re-energize... that is something usually vets need. Younger players recover faster, and if the jets are 5-3 going against the saints, why let one of your best players rest?

[QUOTE=pdxjets;5038259]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Sheldon was first last week too and Kiko just got 4 tackles last game. No surprise Sheldon kept his #1 spot so far.[/QUOTE

This isn't the week before, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Since he is young, play him against the saints and let him take the bye week off to recover... not sure why you think a rookie needs extra time to re-energize... that is something usually vets need. Younger players recover faster, and if the jets are 5-3 going against the saints, why let one of your best players rest?
    Normally i would agree, but we do have Coples to play in his spot that week. Thats where coples should be playing anyway, its his natural position.Richardson's been so good,he's had to fight off alot of double teams.These are NFl players, not College guys.

The man has stupid hair, but he is hardly a moron, in fact I rather enjoy his draft perspectives.

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;5038338]

This isn't the week before, though.
    Sheldon has been more consistently excellent. If he keeps having big games I don't see why he shouldn't win out the award.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He is a rookie. If he is healthy he should play. I don't I have ever heard of healthy players getting a week off.

[QUOTE=FijiJet;5038349]
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post

Sheldon has been more consistently excellent. If he keeps having big games I don't see why he shouldn't win out the award.
    Milner is also in the running.

All League
    where is Dion Jordan on that list?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by wvjet View Post
    So far so good. It will be interesting to see what pieces he assembles in the coming off-season. Much of the credit should go to the scouting staff too.