Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marty Mornhinweig Head Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Wade Phillips HC of the Bills, DC of the Cowboys then HC.

It wouldn't be shocking if the guy took a 2d rd rookie QB, on a team that some had as the worst in the league, and got them to a top 10 offense. Genos performance will dictate whether he gets any offers IMO.
    My thoughts exactly.

He's orchestrating the NFL 23rd leading scoring team. I see no reason why any team wouldn't throw him the house this off-season.

I mean seriously guys .. what the hell is wrong with some of u? He'd need to do this for 3 straight years to even be considered. Lets just stop ... He was looked as Andy Reid's co pilot prior to this season. Lets relax ... the guys knows offense but public relations, coaching an entire football team, making head coaching decisions, forming a staff and etc ... that ain't his strengths man lol. Stop it

Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    we're in a different time right now. Nobody wants to take shots on guys unless they have to. A terrible franchise would have to be desperate enough to hire him and he'd have to be willing to know he's there strictly to develop a QB or something for a year or 2 until they build a solid team like Gailey was hired to be in Buffalo and that still failed. In all actuality ... MM is too smart to be a pawn to be a lame duck HC for 2 years for the Jaguars or someone like that. He's getting paid real well to run this offense and teaming up with Rex and building something here he can win some superbowls. When you get MM's age winning is a better feeling and more rewarding than answering all the questions on why your team lost at the end of the game. Also his head coaching fails are SO bad ... I doubt he gets any offers unless he turns Geno into a top 10 QB. After that we can worry about that but I doubt you'll see anyone jumping at MM right now. NFL insiders know he knows offense and I doubt any of them are shocked he's doing solid here.

How about the last two Bills coaches-Gailey and Jauron?

Woody is going to lock him up with an extension I expect. Marty was truly an awful HC and hasn't gotten a shot since, but has proven to be a great OC and definitely worth keeping based on results so far and development of Geno.

And If I'm MM I stay in New York, have full control of the offense, and take a nice extension. But the seller is being in s team where the defense is almost guaranteed to be damn near elite, keeping every game within reach for the offense to take.

Rex and Marty are two sides of the same coin, masterminds of their respective units who are aggressive and attack, and if they're both smart they'd give this relationship a few years to see what happens.

Marty is old enough and smart enough to say no.. Lets face it, he's not the young buck teams will take a chance on for HC, ect Tampa, Denver with McDaniels, others.. He could get an offer for bottom ****tt team.. Why would he want it? He isn't going to help a raiders, ect so why even leave a good spot he is in now..

Schiano got a 5yr/15 mil contract. LOL at the people asking why he would leave.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFaan View Post
    Saw this brought up in another one of my threads. Do you think some team could snatch him away from us? If
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but you need to stop starting threads.

MM was the head coach who won the coin toss in OT and choose to defer, I think he was the only one who ever did that in the NFL , ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Marty is old enough and smart enough to say no.. Lets face it, he's not the young buck teams will take a chance on for HC, ect Tampa, Denver with McDaniels, others.. He could get an offer for bottom ****tt team.. Why would he want it? He isn't going to help a raiders, ect so why even leave a good spot he is in now..
    Romeo was like mid 60s when he took his last HC job. I think he will get interviews but likely not land a job. If an owner wants an O minded coach he normally wants a young one. If I had to list HC candidates he wouldnt be on my top ten. What do I know though. Joe Vitt would have been my 1st choice last year and he is still in NO. I have to think he is waiting for a dream job.

All Pro
    Buddy Ryan. HC with Eagles, got fired and took the Houston DC job, and then went on to be the HC of the Arizona, with Rex on his staff as line coach.

Marty Mornhinweg's best chance to return to head coaching is with the Jets as an interim head coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Woody is going to lock him up with an extension I expect. Marty was truly an awful HC and hasn't gotten a shot since, but has proven to be a great OC and definitely worth keeping based on results so far and development of Geno.

And If I'm MM I stay in New York, have full control of the offense, and take a nice extension. But the seller is being in s team where the defense is almost guaranteed to be damn near elite, keeping every game within reach for the offense to take.

Rex and Marty are two sides of the same coin, masterminds of their respective units who are aggressive and attack, and if they're both smart they'd give this relationship a few years to see what happens.
    This.

Rex and Marty are a team that should be kept at all reasonable costs.

Woody needs to do his best to keep them in charge of their units. It's really a perfect fit and something that is VERY hard to come by.

Kind of like forming a great band.... Fellow musicians will know what I mean by that

Leglar, wow. You DO know you don't have to post each example individually, right?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Marty is the classic example of being a great coordinator, but a TERRIBLE head coach. No chance he gets another head coaching opportunity. However, being on a one year contract, there is always the chance he gets an offer from another team to be the offensive coordinator.
    Exactly and when you listen to him in his press conferences you can tell why. He just does not seem like a guy who can lead an entire Football, let alone take care of all responsibilites that come with it. He is a great Football mind and a great coordinator but let's leave it at that...

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Leglar, wow. You DO know you don't have to post each example individually, right?
    I know; I was just messing around. I was going to do it for Wade Phillips too but someone beat me to it...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Schiano got a 5yr/15 mil contract. LOL at the people asking why he would leave.
    Off the top of my head I can think of 2 teams (Minny and Tampa) that I could see offering MM their HC job. It's not that far fetch. Some people act like his time at Detroit and NY is the only thing on his resume.

Herm once won a coin toss and chose what side of the field he wanted to start on

Like Rex wouldn't have deferred in OT if Marty hadn't done it first and got ridiculed. Of course with the rule change Rex still might defer in OT. Just give him time.

It will take more than one good year with Geno for MM to get another head coaching chance. If the jets have a top 5 offense next year and Geno plays like a pro bowl QB and the Jets win the Super Bowl I could see teams going hard after MM.

I actually think MM and Rex could make a great team for years to come.