Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Ivory named FedEx ground player of the week

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In case some posters didn't notice ... Jets dominated time of possession in the game, allowing the O to tire out the D and keeping Tom Brady off the field and out of rhythm. In OT we ran the ball pretty much from our own 20 to within FG range to win the game, even though the Patsies were trying their hardest to stop the run.

I think some fans would be happier with a 5 ypc average and a loss than a 3 ypc average and a win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You're still a moron

Everything you said about the Jets this season is looking great, exactly as you predicted...
    Ray, lets enjoy the season without the score keeping. You of all people should want your past predictions to go unmentioned.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That is the biggest crime you can commit here. Read the TOS.

Congrats to Ivory. He got 100 the hard way.
    True. Ivory had as many carries against the Pats than he had for the entire season up to that point....LOL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right on. We played good solid football and hit them right in the teeth for the knockout punch. I think Rex is just starting to get this running game in high gear with the workload he gave Ivory. And were going to need it to deal with some of these high powered offenses as most of us know. Don't know about you guys but some of these games to me are no fun to watch with this fast break approach style on offense. I'll watch basketball when the season gets here. This approach is perfect for Smith to contuine to progress.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What's interesting is that Ivory was able to win with Lynch being on the ballot. People usually vote for the recognizable name, I would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Everyone hates the Pats. Haven't you heard?
    Umm...what?

Marshawn Lynch is on the Pats? I didn't know that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Umm...what?

Marshawn Lynch is on the Pats? I didn't know that.
    He meant because we beat the Pats the player of the game deserves the award. I hope.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
    Will you shut the **** up already, you miserable sack of sh1t? Your posts are ****ing garbage and you're the biggest p*ssy I've ever seen on this site - and quite possibly in my personal life as well.

There is literally NOTHING about the jets that seems to please or excite you. Nothing. Why do you even root for this team if you don't like anything about it?
    Why are guys like this allowed on the board? Have some class and cut out the name calling and cursing. Its unneccassary.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you don' agree with a guy say why you don't agree, don't attack him personally,
    that shows a low self esteem and serious personal issues we don't need on the board,

Ivory had several runs for 0 yards, that scewed his average - he lost three yards on his
    last carry, he had a great day, but was overused and the playcalling could have been a lot
    better, MM was exposed again, and he and wex will cost us big, unfortunately, wish that
    wasn't the case, but it is, you can't keep running the same play, with no mis direction
    or play action, it won't work, it can't work, that said, we could go to the Championship
    game and lose again if we face soft competition in the playoffs like 09 and '10.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Wow! Have we set the standard this low that barely averaging 3 yards per carry get you this award?

Hopefully, we get back to more powell this week. I was having shonn greene flashbacks watching ivory.
    True, but Ivory was getting first downs and the 34 carries allowed us to have a 36 to 24 minute time of possession to keep Brady off the field. I could care less about the award, the most important thing was the win and Ivory was a big part of it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He meant because we beat the Pats the player of the game deserves the award. I hope.
    lol...no.

If that was the case, he would've explained it like you did. He jumped the shark.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellifan View Post
    If you don' agree with a guy say why you don't agree, don't attack him personally,
    that shows a low self esteem and serious personal issues we don't need on the board,

Ivory had several runs for 0 yards, that scewed his average - he lost three yards on his
    last carry, he had a great day, but was overused and the playcalling could have been a lot
    better, MM was exposed again, and he and wex will cost us big, unfortunately, wish that
    wasn't the case, but it is, you can't keep running the same play, with no mis direction
    or play action, it won't work, it can't work, that said, we could go to the Championship
    game and lose again if we face soft competition in the playoffs like 09 and '10.
    Brady, Manning twice, Rapelisburger....all on the road...real easy opponents genius.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Brady, Manning twice, Rapelisburger....all on the road...real easy opponents genius.
    His username is pure irony