Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Holmes out again

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Megatron
    Fitzgerald
    Cruz
    Boldin
    Wallace
    Wes Welker
    Torry Smith
    A.J. Green
    Eric Decker

That is off the top of my head ... And just wideouts ...

Etc etc etc ..
    1. GW TD catch against the Texans with 10 seconds left
    2. GW TD catch in OT against the Browns with 16 seconds left
    3. 53 Yard catch and run to set up easy GW fg against the Lions in OT
    4. GW TD Catch on 3rd and long against Redskins in 4th quarter
    5. GW TD catch against Bills this season late in the 4th
    6. Game sealing TD catch against the Patriots in the divisional playoff game
    7. Drawing long PI penalty on Denver on 4th down with under 2 minutes left to set up a 2 yard rushing touchdown by LT
    8. Long catch and run in OT against Fins last year to set up easy GW FG.

And that is just in the last few seasons WITH missing roughly 20 games due to injuries/suspension.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news. One day closer to this piece of crap being an ex-Jet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, I have been supportive of Holmes (even after 2011) but you are laying it on real thick here.
    There is nothing thick about it, all you need to do is pay attention, and not buy into media rhetoric.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Care to back at up with any sort of stats ???

Any at all .... really .... ANY ....

This guy is easily the most overrated player in the NFL today ....
    If you need stats to back this up you're either blind, a moron or have never watched a game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    1. GW TD catch against the Texans with 10 seconds left
    2. GW TD catch in OT against the Browns with 16 seconds left
    3. 53 Yard catch and run to set up easy GW fg against the Lions in OT
    4. GW TD Catch on 3rd and long against Redskins in 4th quarter
    5. GW TD catch against Bills this season late in the 4th
    6. Game sealing TD catch against the Patriots in the divisional playoff game
    7. Drawing long PI penalty on Denver on 4th down with under 2 minutes left to set up a 2 yard rushing touchdown by LT
    8. Long catch and run in OT against Fins last year to set up easy GW FG.

And that is just in the last few seasons WITH missing roughly 20 games due to injuries/suspension.
    AND with Sanchez at QB.

AND for all the idiots who also blame the OC for all of Sanchez's bad games, without MM as OC.

He's a really good WR who, as with many other players, this fanbase of drama queens hasn't liked since day 1 and always come up with stories to back their opinions of the guy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy is an ass clown and a bum who I can't wait to waive good bye to. Massively over paid, massively underproduces and is a character train wreck to boot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    ... And why do you expect him to not miss any games in the future ??

Oh that's right ... Santonio Holmes is actually becoming Benjamin Button ... And because of that we should eventually hit the only year he actually caught the ball for 1000 yards.

Game. Set. Match.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes out again, I've always given him benefit of the doubt but this one has really p1ssed me off.

He's clearly our best receiver, but to be out all last year and only play in 3 this year when your needed more then ever with a rookie QB just isn't good enough.

For the money the Jets are getting absolute zero bang for their buck with him, we desperately needed him with Cumby being out this week. Can't wait to see the back of him and feel sorry for Geno that this guy is his only true weapon.

The fact he seems to enjoy being out and getting off on our desperation we need him is another matter, not had a Holmes vent for a while so feel much better now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    They said probably after the Bye for Bills game.

I don't want a 80% Holmes. He can help us in 2nd half with those Division games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just so disappointing when you consider our lack of talent at the skill positions and having a rook at QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I saw a list of the top 10 worst contracts in the NFL
    #1- Mark Sanchez $12,825,000
    #7- Santonio Holmes-$9,000,000

We have 2 guys not even contributing in the top 10
    If we make the playoffs with 2 guys sucking 20 million from our cap it would be a miracle.
    Do you know who #9 on the list is?
    Tom Brady, making a mere 13 million! He's on the list of worst contracts for it being TOO LOW!
    HOF QB, took less money to help the team & they shafted him by sitting on 10 million in cap space & threw him out there with 2 rookie WR.
    And they only have about 4mil left under the cap. Renegotiating contracts to fit 'contingency plans' (injury replacements) in your budget is one of the quickest ways into cap hell going. TB doesn't need the dough. Hell, he probably doesn't even cash his checks until the finance guys start getting on his case.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Just so disappointing when you consider our lack of talent at the skill positions and having a rook at QB.
    We have talent but they aren't seasoned yet. Steven Hill could be good, for example, if he could learn to run a route. He has all the tools but for some reason doesn't get open.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    We have talent but they aren't seasoned yet. Steven Hill could be good, for example, if he could learn to run a route. He has all the tools but for some reason doesn't get open.
    He can't catch. He body catches.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I agree Hill has talent, but the way he disappears in games concerns me, the fact Marty can't get him open and contributing also makes me wonder.

I'm not taking anything away from Hill and Kerley because further down the line they could be top notch, what's frustrating me is not being able to rely on your number 1 WR, Geno needs Holmes like Luck needed Wayne.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He can't catch. He body catches.
    Yes, most of the time. I agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they rushed him back the week before the buy and he reinjured his hammy people would kill the Jets. Let him take the extra two weeks. I don't buy that he is dogging it. He is auditioning for a job in 2014. We will get whatever he has to offer.

And lets not forget that he won us a game this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I agree Hill has talent, but the way he disappears in games concerns me, the fact Marty can't get him open and contributing also makes me wonder.

I'm not taking anything away from Hill and Kerley because further down the line they could be top notch, what's frustrating me is not being able to rely on your number 1 WR, Geno needs Holmes like Luck needed Wayne.
    The coaches see these guys during the week in practice; Kerley was absent in the Steeler game and came back big in the NE game. I can't figure out the strategy is. It's almost like they game plan for some players for certain games.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    There is nothing thick about it, all you need to do is pay attention, and not buy into media rhetoric.
    Never bought into any media rhetoric with Holmes. I stood up for him here in 2011 and took a beating for it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care!!! Saves me from booing his sorry ass on Sundays!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope to see Cribbs get more involved and Salas contribute in some way. David Nelson has shown some promise.