Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Sammy Watkins is so good

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    we need to pick him somehow

    he is the opposite of Hill

    he just snatch the ball out of the air with his hands
    low throw , high throw , side throw , he got them all
    Playmaker. I am not saying he will be Megatron, but the ability to go up and snatch the ball out of the air is something this team needs badly at wr. Did you see that catch in the endzone by Megatron last week against Cincy? OMG, no wonder Stafford has good stats. All he has to do is throw it up in triple coverage in the endzone. Reminds me of Tammy throwing to Moss. Now Tammy doesn't look so great. But the Tammy apologists say he has no wrs. Yet, in the past, Tammy any wr good. Can't have it both ways.

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'd sign for that. That is the same package we gave them for Braylon and Braylon was a 3rd overall pick and an All Pro in 2007.
    Yep. It would be even sweeter this time around because we'd still have a 3rd(Bucs) & a 5th (compensation) in the draft & Josh Gordon's contract is so cheap for another 2 seasons.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    I agree.

    Here's to hoping he doesn't have an explosive game tomorrow & a 3rd & 5th is good enough to snatch him up before Tuesday.
    Holmes injury might have put the nail in his own coffin with the Jets considering Gordon, might be available.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am actually liking Jordan Matthews more and more. If he is there in the 2nd I'd sign up for that over Watkins. Not sure I'd take any WR in the 1st. There doesnt seem to be a huge separation between the top 5-6 guys really. Of cource you never know who even declares but WRs usually do.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Yep. It would be even sweeter this time around because we'd still have a 3rd(Bucs) & a 5th (compensation) in the draft & Josh Gordon's contract is so cheap for another 2 seasons.
    Be prepared to say goodbye to our 2nd for Gordon. a 22 year old with that size and speed, shouldn't go for anything less. i think the Browns are crazy for trading him, if they do.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This team is so desperate for a receiver that goes and "gets" the ball...

    Kerley and Winslow kinda do but that's it. I don't watch college but he sounds like exactly the type of receiver we need.
    So true. Hill just waits for the ball to land in his chest. Never goes up and grabs the ball at its highest point. Geno will be even better once we get a big time WR who can make plays for him

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need Idzik to find a way to get Kelvin Benjamin in a year or 2.....

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    So true. Hill just waits for the ball to land in his chest. Never goes up and grabs the ball at its highest point. Geno will be even better once we get a big time WR who can make plays for him
    I truly believe this also. Hopefully he can continue to throw that good deep ball and possibly improve on it. Insert a top flight WR and boom! It will be fun to watch.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    So true. Hill just waits for the ball to land in his chest. Never goes up and grabs the ball at its highest point. Geno will be even better once we get a big time WR who can make plays for him
    Makes you wonder if Hill every played basketball growing up. He is 6'4" with long arms and can jump out of the gym. But it seems like he has no instinct that is telling him to go up and get the ball like you would get a rebound in basketball.

    I am still hopeful for Hill. He is only 22 and was as green as grass when we got him. But you can't teach instincts.

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Be prepared to say goodbye to our 2nd for Gordon. a 22 year old with that size and speed, shouldn't go for anything less. i think the Browns are crazy for trading him, if they do.
    Seeing how if we obtain Josh Gordon (for a 2nd) & able to make a good run for the playoffs, we would be picking in the the mid-to-high teens in the 2nd rd.
    The Bucs could very well end up with a top 3 pick in round 3.
    So that could be about a 15 (or less) spot drop? I can live with that.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Seeing how if we obtain Josh Gordon (for a 2nd) & able to make a good run for the playoffs, we would be picking in the the mid-to-high teens in the 2nd rd.
    The Bucs could very well end up with a top 3 pick in round 3.
    So that could be about a 15 (or less) spot drop? I can live with that.
    So can i. I wonder if this game Sunday, is key in Idziks thinking here. The outcome,i mean.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I don't think Hill is being targeted enough.There have been many times he's been open, but hasn't had the ball come his way.He should have a big game against the Bengals.If he doesn't get the ball thrown to him, i have a very controversial reason why. I was thinking about starting a thread about it, but chickened out.LOL
    There is some great tape out there on Hill... Biggest problem is that he is not looking for the ball early enough on the shorter routes... Geno is ready to hit him but his head does not look for the ball for another 2 seconds... If I can find the link I will get it to someone to post the video... NFL Network did this prior to last weeks Pats game and showed tape of the first time they played keying on that specific issue.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    There is some great tape out there on Hill... Biggest problem is that he is not looking for the ball early enough on the shorter routes... Geno is ready to hit him but his head does not look for the ball for another 2 seconds... If I can find the link I will get it to someone to post the video... NFL Network did this prior to last weeks Pats game and showed tape of the first time they played keying on that specific issue.
    Sounds like an issue thats correctable with work.e know he's not scared of contact, he's made some catches in heavy traffic. His hands have improved. Without Holmes its difficult for him, because he's being double teamed more often.We need a #1 that can be relied on.It will make Hill so much more dangerous, and comfortable out there.

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,560
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a big Watkins fan. I've wanted him in Jet Green for quite a while, but we are starting to play ourselves out of his drafting slot.

    I think he'd be a menace in Marty's offense. I think he's very similar to Percy Harvin. Could use him a lot of different ways to get the ball in his hands.

    For the folks that want a WR that "goes and gets it", that's not Watkins. He is not in the mold of Megatron or Green or Vincent Jackson or those big, tall jump ball type WR's. He's more like Harvey or Desean Jackson or Randall Cobb. Absolutely electric when he touches the ball, but he's also bigger by a few inches then all those guys I just mentioned. Now that I think about it, it's hard to think of a good comparison of body type and skill set for Watkins.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    I'm a big Watkins fan. I've wanted him in Jet Green for quite a while, but we are starting to play ourselves out of his drafting slot.

    I think he'd be a menace in Marty's offense. I think he's very similar to Percy Harvin. Could use him a lot of different ways to get the ball in his hands.

    For the folks that want a WR that "goes and gets it", that's not Watkins. He is not in the mold of Megatron or Green or Vincent Jackson or those big, tall jump ball type WR's. He's more like Harvey or Desean Jackson or Randall Cobb. Absolutely electric when he touches the ball, but he's also bigger by a few inches then all those guys I just mentioned. Now that I think about it, it's hard to think of a good comparison of body type and skill set for Watkins.
    Reminds me of Jeremy Maclin with more speed.

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing that gets underrated with Watkins is he is very physical. He always doesn't try and run past guys, a lot of times he drops his shoulder and tries and run through defenders.

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    id love watkins or even more mike evans.

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    mike evans/ sammy watkins this year
    todd gurley next year

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the very least, assuming we don't go south, it looks like we will be picking in the middle of the pack. Since this is a deep QB class, and teams needing QB, I can see a run on Qbs in the first 10 picks -- 6 possibly QBs. I am including the Rams in that group. They have multiple 1st rounders and may use it to move up for a QB as Bradford is not getting it done and cannot stay on the field.

    Both wrs may be there between 10-13. Do we move up in the draft to grab Watkins or Evans assuming we don't trade for Gordon?

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    At the very least, assuming we don't go south, it looks like we will be picking in the middle of the pack. Since this is a deep QB class, and teams needing QB, I can see a run on Qbs in the first 10 picks -- 6 possibly QBs. I am including the Rams in that group. They have multiple 1st rounders and may use it to move up for a QB as Bradford is not getting it done and cannot stay on the field.

    Both wrs may be there between 10-13. Do we move up in the draft to grab Watkins or Evans assuming we don't trade for Gordon?

    lol what Who are these mystical QBs you speak of. I dont even see one actually worth a 1st round. Yeah you may see 2 teams reach but not 6. There are barely 6 QBs here worth a 3rd.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us