Thread: Has any nfl team had offensive and defensive player of year in same season?

All League

Has any nfl team had offensive and defensive player of year in same season?

We got a shot at it if Geno balls out the second half and SRich can overtake Kiko. Would be pretty big FU to all the people who said Idzik is just a contract guy. On a side note, didn't most of our college scouting guys get let go or resign with the GM change? Interesting to see how the new guys do.

All League
    Mods meant to say off and def rookie if you can change thread title thx

I think a couple guys were let go or reassigned after the draft. Then we brought in Rod Graves.

Hall Of Fame
    Bradway is still here. He has pretty much always been out top college scout regardless of title.

I don't know of any team that has won both. To be honest I think Geno has a better chance than Sheldon. Unless Sheldon starts getting a ton of sacks I think it is going to be hard for him. Sheldon may actually be the best player but that doesn't mean he will win the award. Alonso has put up a lot of stats and these awards usually go to guys with numbers.

Win or lose we should be really happy with both picks. And so should Idzik considering that his top pick is off to a slow start. Overall I thnknwe had a really nice draft. Geno, Sheldon, Winters and Milliner are all going to be not only starters going forward but they look like they will be quality starters

Undrafted Free Agent
    the 2009 Jets had Revis and Cotchery. That's about as close as anyone has ever come.

Only one I see is Detroit 1967. lol Im a little shocked on that. I thought for sure SD in 05 but Caty won the OROY. Thought for sure VJacks but he missed most of that season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sperm Edwards View Post
    the 2009 Jets had Revis and Cotchery. That's about as close as anyone has ever come.
    So many things are confusing here.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    So many things are confusing here.
    if the Jets had a good QB that year Cotchery was probably a 1,200 yard and 15 TD type of guy. Instead his talent was wasted.

I think Idzik kept a good bit of the Scouting Dept.

Not sure... No idea how many are even in said Dept, but I'm pretty certain I heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sperm Edwards View Post
    if the Jets had a good QB that year Cotchery was probably a 1,200 yard and 15 TD type of guy. Instead his talent was wasted.
    Never felt our drafting was bad over Shotty's time he just never coached to the strengths of his players IMO. He is doing the say in SL. He has 3 burners and is running a short inside check off plays. With Quick, Austin, and Bailey he should be running deep outs every play. Not one team has DBs that could keep up with that group all day.

Hugh Douglas and Wayne chrebet were as close as I can remember to a team having offensive and defensive rookie of the year

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    Hugh Douglas and Wayne chrebet were as close as I can remember to a team having offensive and defensive rookie of the year
    +1