Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Highs and Lows as a Jets fan

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Funny, these are usually referred to as "back-to-back AFC Championship games."

Either way, these are the highs as a Jets fan.
    Is that you in the avatar, or your lover?

All League
    High: 2010 in New England.

Low: both playoff losses to pittsburgh

I have always said that if the jets are to win the Super Bowl, I want it to be thru pittsburgh. I get myself so pumped for those games and talk an unbelievable amount of smack. Those two loses were heart breaking. Other than my aunt, I'm the only jet fan of the family. My mother who is a huge Steeler fan actually shed tears after the AFC championship game because she saw how upset I was. I'll never forget that moment.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Highest - Playoff win at Foxboro 2010
    Lowest - Doug Brien game in Pittsburgh
    Thisss

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

All League
    High: 2010 Foxboro playoff win
    2nd: 2002 winning division and beating Indy 41-0 WC round

Low: Vinny tearing his ACL opening day 99
    2nd: Losing to Denver 98 CG

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Highest - Playoff win at Foxboro 2010
    Lowest - Doug Brien game in Pittsburgh
    Yeah.. I think that's it for me.
    Highest is no question, just the way we flat out DESTROYED them... A GREAT time to be living in Boston!

Lowest I was thinking Buttfumble, but you reminded me of that DAMN Doug Brien game. UGH!
    That was worse.

So easy
    High 2010 Patriots beat down

Low Mud bowl!!!! For you young fans, imagine having a team with a really good defense, very good offense. We came off a road playoff win against the other best team in the NFL that year in the Raiders.

We had a very fast offensive team & could both run & pass.
    I still remember arriving at my friends house, pumped up, beers in hand & literally had my heart drop when I was watching the Pregame & they were using giant squeegees pushing through 5" of water on the field!
    Shula had left the tarps off the field to eliminate the Jets speed advantage.
    I was crushed!
    To know that would never be allowed to happen ever again is heartbreaking for Jet fans.
    Miami went on to lose to a Washington Redskin team that would have NO CHANCE vs that Jet team.
    Shula cheated the Jets out of a Super Bowl that year.
    Rumors are Walt Michaels tried to get at him after the game, drank himself into a stupor on the flight home & was eventually let go because of it?

High: beating NE in 2010

Low: 98 loss to Denver we woulda beat the brakes off ATL.

Jets Insider VIP
    High- 2002 game vs green bay to make the playoffs
    2010 victory in NE in playoffs
    2004 win in SD in playoffs after the barton debacle

Low- Vinny achilles 99
    Doug brien pitt game

The Tebow loss two years ago was excruciating to watch ... That last drive where he single handedly ran us over was unbearable ...

... But I agree with many ... The Pittsburgh losses because of Brien take the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    So easy
    High 2010 Patriots beat down

Low Mud bowl!!!! For you young fans, imagine having a team with a really good defense, very good offense. We came off a road playoff win against the other best team in the NFL that year in the Raiders.

We had a very fast offensive team & could both run & pass.
    I still remember arriving at my friends house, pumped up, beers in hand & literally had my heart drop when I was watching the Pregame & they were using giant squeegees pushing through 5" of water on the field!
    Shula had left the tarps off the field to eliminate the Jets speed advantage.
    I was crushed!
    To know that would never be allowed to happen ever again is heartbreaking for Jet fans.
    Miami went on to lose to a Washington Redskin team that would have NO CHANCE vs that Jet team.
    Shula cheated the Jets out of a Super Bowl that year.
    Rumors are Walt Michaels tried to get at him after the game, drank himself into a stupor on the flight home & was eventually let go because of it?
    Thanks for the memories .... I remember those damn squeegees !!!

Veteran
    Highs going solo to Foxboro for the 2010 playoff game win.
    Lows leading the Broncos at halftime 10-0 in the 98 playoffs 1/2 away from the SB only to lose the game.

Damn good topic.

High has to be beating the Colts, 41-0, or the Pats win. Although the game before the win over Indy was pretty sweet too when Pennington beat Favre to win division. Also being at the Meadowlands for the last game of the 1997 season when they were introduced as AFC East champions for the first time was pretty cool.

The Mud Bowl is my first football memory and that always sticks in my head, but I was only 7. The loss to Pittsburgh in AFC championship game is my all-time low. But damn, there have been a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    What is your greatest moment as a Jet fan? What is your lowest moment?
    Greatest: Toss up between the Monday Night Miracle and the January 1999 AFC Divisional W against Jacksonville.

Lowest: Toss up between the January 2010 AFC Championship L at Indianapolis, January 1999 AFC Championship L at Denver or January 2005 AFC Divisional L at Pittsburgh.

For lowest I'll go with 2010 @ IND simply because I was there, but greatest moments I was there for both so I'll leave them tied.

All League
    1998 Denver loss was the worst IMO, because that was the second best Jets team ever

Rookie
    High Super Bowl 111!!!!!!!!!!!!! Low the Mud Bowl. I hate the Dolphins. Also 1969 playoff lost to the Chiefs 13-6 at Shea. Wind blowing hard, Jets with a chance to win late in the 4th quarter, inside the 10, 4th down, Namath back to pass, incomplete. Theres a picture of Namath coming off the field towards the sideline that says it all. That Super Bowl was just incredible. It was more than just a game! It ment everything!

All Pro
    My high point was week 11 1986. That was the last time I really thought we had a franchise QB. I hate Joe Walton more than anyone on the earth.

Low point was obviously the Cleavland game, but it started in week 12 with a blow out loss to the Dolphins.

Other than that my low points are reading this board after, or even during a loss, or even some wins. That's why I stopped reading those "fire this guy", or "We suck. I wish we could be the Giants" threads.

Geno is starting to make me feel that he could be that Franchise QB so I believe my new high point will be next January. . I thought Sanchez could be pretty good, and could win with Rex' defense, but he never flashed this kind of potential. Geno looks like he could potentially carry a team. Don't forget he just started learning to throw from under center, and that timing is what this WCO is based on. We have hope for something special here, and that's not something we had around here since 1986. We had Vinnie for a year and 1 game, but that's not the same as drafting a rookie yourself.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Highest: Winning in NE playoffs 2010, Watching the Jets stomp out the Colts 41-0 in the playoffs at the Meadowlands (My first Jet game)
    Lowest: Kotite's 1-15(Even though I was a kid); More recently: Buttfumble/Mark's 5 picks against Ten.
    I would've typed the same thing.
    Another high for me was the scoring marathon against miami in 85 or 86 when Wesley Walker was unstoppable.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    1998 Denver loss was the worst IMO, because that was the second best Jets team ever
    Exactly. .... that's why the 98 loss for me was worse than 09 and 10.... and why Vinny's ACL tear in 99 was my biggest low.... we were favorites entering that year

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

for me Lows were: 1994 dan marino spike play against us/
    2005 doug brien 2 misses vs pitt set up by herm's ultra conservative play calling/
    2010 afc championship loss to Pitt and 45-3 loss NE on MNF
    2012 Buttfumbe national TV
    High- 1997 Welcome Bill Parcells to Jetsland and add respectability
    beating BB/TB NE in 2010 playoffs

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Ski View Post
    Super Bowl III It's when I became a fan
    I'd like to say every year since but I'll agree the Brien/Pitt game was the worst with the Dolphin Mud Bowl second
    Supe III 2 days before my 25th Birthday was the best and I agree about the Mudd Bowl but I have to laugh at the Brien crap when the offense didn't score even 1 TD in that game.. Next to the Mudd Bowl was the Denver AFCCG game when the Compiler rushed for 14 yds..