Thread: Anthony Barr

Jets Insider VIP

Anthony Barr

Good lord he is killing it against Oregon. He is so so fast. Looks like Jason Taylor on crack. I think he has a legit chance to go #1.

Barr and Khalil are two guys I could see in the 1st if they are there when we pick.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Barr and Khalil are two guys I could see in the 1st if they are there when we pick.
    Barr is likely going top 5, so you can forget about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Barr is likely going top 5, so you can forget about him.
    It depends on how many OL declare IMO. I see about 7 OTs alone worth a 1st round. Maybe even 2 late round Gs. This is a really strong OL class IMO. There are 2 RTs I have my eye on too. I dont think we can go wrong with RT, OLB, RB, or TE in this draft in the 1st 2.

Anthony Barr

2014 draft may be the deepest draft ever. Cannot think of another draft stacked with so much talent on both sides. Will be interesting to see how the Jets address the weaker areas with all those picks.
    Last edited by AceBoy; 10-27-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    2014 draft may be the deepest draft ever. Cannot think of another draft stacked with so much talent on both sides. Will be interesting to see how the Jets address the weaker areas with all those picks.
    As always deep in some area weak in others. Teams looking for a QB are out of luck but OL, OLBs, and RB yeah it has that.

Veteran
    It depends on how many OL declare IMO. I see about 7 OTs alone worth a 1st round. Maybe even 2 late round Gs. This is a really strong OL class IMO. There are 2 RTs I have my eye on too. I dont think we can go wrong with RT, OLB, RB, or TE in this draft in the 1st 2.
    Absolutely. There also seems to be an unprecedented number of teams in need of OL help (Giants, Fins, Cardinals, Falcons, Pitt, Oakland, come to mind), which should increase their value in this draft and possibly lead to an early run on OTs in the top half of round 1. That only helps the Jets, who likely will be picking somewhere in the middle. But that said, Barr seems like such an elite prospect at a premium position that I can't see him dropping out of the top 5, certainly the top 10.

Absolutely. There also seems to be an unprecedented number of teams in need of OL help (Giants, Fins, Cardinals, Falcons, Pitt, Oakland, come to mind), which should increase their value in this draft and possibly lead to an early run on OTs in the top half of round 1. That only helps the Jets, who likely will be picking somewhere in the middle. But that said, Barr seems like such an elite prospect at a premium position that I can't see him dropping out of the top 5, certainly the top 10.
    Stranger things have happened. And Barr is one guys I would love to see in Green and White.

The Raiders won't be drafting an Offense lineman early in 2014 draft. Raiders have their Oline going forward they just had an unprecedented amount of injuries on that Oline this year. Having that many injuries they were able to buildup some serious depth at OT especially. Lt Jared Veldheer c s Wisniewski and Rt m Watson are their cornerstone on the Oline. Khalif Barnes who was forced to play LT , probably slides inside to lg. raiders might add a guard and a backup center to the roster. ( won't be early picks)

Jets Insider VIP
    Unless he does something to drop. He is going top 5 no matter what

All Pro
    The OLB who might be in our range and who could even turn out better than Barr is Khalil Mack. I would be fine with drafting either one of them...

As always deep in some area weak in others. Teams looking for a QB are out of luck but OL, OLBs, and RB yeah it has that.
    I'm amazed that you touted last years Qb class as being good and are abusing this years so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'm amazed that you touted last years Qb class as being good and are abusing this years so badly.
    Yeah this was the biggest thing that jumped out at me in this thread. I mean, the first QB off the board this year was at what? 15? Next year I doubt we go 2 selections without seeing a QB get taken, and I can see as many as 5-6 going in the top 15. I know some of it is based on need, but you never see that many QBs go that early...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'm not abusing this years class I just dont see where it is better then last years. If you believe Manziel is a cant miss 1st round talent I couldnt disagree more. I remember a hype in Kline this time last year too. I dont see a huge difference in talent there. Neither looked like pro QBs. That is how laughable the idea is to me. Teddy is the best they have and I would have taken Geno over him. I dont like gimmick QBs and this class is mostly guys like Manuel, Collin Klein and Scott. Last years class had a much wider range of talent to pick from. It is average so was last year I dont see the hype at all. There are maybe 3 QBs I'd think of drafting for our system and none of them are 1-2 round talent. That is including Carr who last year would have been a 6-7 rounder. Maybe his OL has but he hasnt. I said last year he would be the guy to go to the top of the SR class and right now he is. Not shocking as the whole SR class is 3rd round talent at best IMO. When people start calling guys like Mettenburger and Carr 1st round talent you just have to be kidding me. Why because Boyd is a 2nd round talent and everyone knows it and Fales was never all that. Neither Mettenburger or Carr would have even been 4th rounders last year so I'm really not buying that all of the sudden this are lock QBs in the 1st. Also people still talking about Mariota and Hundley I just dont get. I like Hundley but he has been bad this year and Mariota has struggled a lot. Even if they declare I dont see either as 1st round locks. I do see Mariota as a Manuel like pick but I do like Mariota more then Manuel. I'd take Glennon over either thou. I'd like a 5th round QB in this class but I'm not in love with anyone. The freshman class right now looks so much better then this class Im not sure why these guys are being hyped.