Thread: SF cutting players

SF cutting players

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/six-...bcs&ocid=yahoo

Just a flyer but SF is activating 6 guys and will likely be looking to trim their roster. 6 CBs so Aso may be on the block cheap. With James and Gore maybe Hunter could be available as well. Personally I would hope we at least call and about Hunter. A 6th and maybe a conditional in 2015 might get it done. I know contenders dont normally sell but if they are trimming the roster maybe they look to get a little something out of it. I could see them cutting in both areas so it wouldnt shock me. What are the chances someone of value here becomes available soon?

Hall Of Fame
    I'm just interested to see if Idzik does anything at all by the trade deadline.
    He's not against trading picks for players (Ivory) but he still values the draft much more than it appeared Tannenbaum did.

Still waiting to hear about Josh Gordon... But I'm guessing Cleveland wants another 1st for him. (too much)
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 10-27-2013 at 03:02 AM.

Veteran
    Cleveland would be nuts to expect a first for Gordon. I love the kid and want him before the deadline, but they can't seriously expect a one for a guy who's so close to a year suspension. Holmes and a 2 for Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Cleveland would be nuts to expect a first for Gordon. I love the kid and want him before the deadline, but they can't seriously expect a one for a guy who's so close to a year suspension. Holmes and a 2 for Gordon.
    Thats even ridiculous to me.

Owens was had for a 2nd
    Moss for a 4th
    Welker for a 2

No player. No other pick. Cleveland's being greedy here, which is fine, but I don't want to give up something high for a problem who may be gone for a year.

Id rather Cameron if we make any trade with Cleveland. He is worth more then Gordon and TE is a bigger need for us anyway.

All Pro
    Too bad Corey Lemonier was already pushed into Action, he would be a nice edge rushing prospect for us...

All Pro
    3 and a 5 for Gordon. Highest I would go is a 2. When we got Bray we paid a 3 and a 5 and he was #3 overall in the draft. I would LOVE to get Josh Gordon to this team and try to make some noise but I'm not willing to go Al Davis for him.