Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hill, Milner and Coples are Busts

All Pro
    Some positions (RB, LB, DL) transition quickly to the NFL. Some (QB, OL, WR CB) don't.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    Are we watching the same game?

There's been about about 10 drops.
    You're clueless, Milliner hasn't had a bad night in any way.

Brady is under 50%, 2-11 on 3rd downs and little yardage.

Friggen whiners think every play should be a incomplete and any incomplete is a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Some positions (RB, LB, DL) transition quickly to the NFL. Some (QB, OL, WR CB) don't.
    I sincerely hope you guys are right and I'm wrong.

I don't see top 10 draft pick talent in this kid. Never did.

All Pro
    I sincerely hope you guys are right and I'm wrong.

I don't see top 10 draft pick talent in this kid. Never did.
    I will say flat out that I did not want Milliner and did not like that pick.

But when you draft a corner early you need to be patient. It's not a position where the guy comes in and dominates from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

Friggen whiners think every play should be a incomplete and any incomplete is a drop.
    Are you saying that Rex Ryan should not have benched him--Wow! You are brilliant!

Fans who call out rooks in their 2nd games ever are ****ing clueless. Get some ****ing perspective.

Revis wasn't getting beat on a consistent basis by rookie jags nor was Kyle Wilson.

I would have no problem if Milliner was getting beat by NFL talent tonight.

You don't draft a project with the 9th pick.
    Are you new to the jets. Every player drafted by this team is a project.

Millinier didn't know how to backpedal when he was drafted. Let me repeat. Milliner didn't know how to backpedal until a few months ago. Give him a year to develop, I'm sure he'll be very good next year.

We deserve it though. We should have done everything in our power to Keep Revis, even if it meant not signing not one free agent in the offseason. We would probably be the #1 defense in the league for a good stretch of time if we kept Revis. We had a top defense last year, and then you add in arguably the best defensive player in the sport and Richardson. By next offseason, we would have had the cap room EVEN WITH REVIS to load up on offensive talent.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Fans who call out rooks in their 2nd games ever are ****ing clueless. Get some ****ing perspective.
    We are not calling him out. The fact is he should not have been on our team in the first place if we didnt make maybe the most monumental mistake in team history by trading Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

I have to disagree with you. The pass defense was not good tonight. Unless of course you love in the past when Wilson got burned badly and then the receiver dropped the pass, Wilson started finger pointing that he made a great play.

I despise Jets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    I have to disagree with you. The pass defense was not good tonight. Unless of course you love in the past when Wilson got burned badly and then the receiver dropped the pass, Wilson started finger pointing that he made a great play.
    not saying the Jets defense did a great job, but Brady was 19-39 for 185 yards. May be one of his worst statistical games of his career. Now to be fair there were plenty of drops and Brady missed a couple of wide open players, but thats going to happen.

He's not really getting burnt. He is right there, just needs to make a play on the ball. On the " almost TD," he pretty much had perfect coverage. Just a great pass and almost fully extended, layout for catch. Milliner even had his hand in there.

Said from the get go this guy doesn't look instinctive at all, he's more of an athlete than football player. Runs well has nice size and whatnot but his head is empty. He looks so lost and confused when in coverage and that has nothing to do with him being a rookie. He will struggle with this aspect his entire career. It will get less horrible over the next few seasons but he will always be the same clueless type corner in coverage. Think Justin Miller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I have never see a DB get burned so badly on a consistent basis.

Look at the separation these JAG receivers are getting on this guy.

He doesn't have a clue how to play man coverage and he never knows where the ball is.
    Can your crystal ball tell us how bad Big mo's injury is??? This is almost silly to respond to this post.

You wanna see horrible, watch Claiborne get burned by the Giants last week. Milliner will look like Revis to you after that.

I think Milliner's issues are all about positioning and technique. He isn't being aggressive enough on the short routes. He might still be thinking too much out there. Once he is confidant with his assignments, I think he will start playing with more instincts and use his elite physical talents on the field.

The guy also has a tremendous underbite! Wow!

In terms of drafting, I don't see who else the Jets could have drafted. Austin was already selected, and the Jets have had a bad history with drafting TE's in the first round..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...r-in-jets-loss

Rex Ryan benches rookie Dee Milliner during Jets' loss

Rookie cornerback Dee Milliner, who the New York Jets hope will take over the Island formerly named after Darrelle Revis, was benched during Thursday's 13-10 loss to the New England Patriots after a series of miscues and miscommunications.

"Well, this young man is going to be a tremendous player. There is no doubt," Jets coach Rex Ryan said, per the team's official website.

"But as I told him, I said, 'You know, Dee. I want you to sit on the sidelines, and I want you to watch'. And sometimes when you do that, it is the best thing for you." Ryan said. "I am trying to win a game, and put in who I think has the best chance to win it. And the young man, like I said, he is going to be a great player. But at that time, I went with the veteran."

Milliner admitted he played a role on busted coverage that allowed the Patriots' only touchdown of the game.

"I was fine with it, he felt the need to make that decision," Milliner said after the game. "I made a couple of mistakes, on a couple calls. I got benched before in college, for sort of the same thing."

The rookie faces the pressure of replacing an All-Pro, but with the Jets' defense performing well through two weeks, Ryan has the luxury of teaching some lessons to his young player

All Pro
    Milliner missed significant time in training camp...he's playing catch up while being baptized by fire right now..

We should wait before crucifying him....