Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember when teams would stack the box against the Jets

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember when teams would stack the box against the Jets

doesn't work with Geno. Who else notice the Saints doing that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    good point! You will be sure to enrage the fans of another QB on IR by saying positive things about a QB they love to hate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    What happened to fire Rex and Brees breaking records?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post

Saints had 9 in the box most of the last two series

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;5049131]What happened to fire Rex and Brees breaking records?[/QUOTE

the Jets won b/c Rex's brother.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    What happened to fire Rex and Brees breaking records?
    If the Jets hade lost this game , you might just be reading some fire Rex posts.

Once again they played way too conservatively with a lead and gave Brees a chance to win the game at the end, that's unacceptable.
    For as well as his D played , Rex lacks a killer instinct to put teams away when he has a chance.

On the last two Jet possessions , the Saints had not 10 but 11 in the box and we still ran right up the gut to give the ball back .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    good point! You will be sure to enrage the fans of another QB on IR by saying positive things about a QB they love to hate.
    Nah Sam Bradford fans could care less about Geno

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    If the Jets hade lost this game , you might just be reading some fire Rex posts.

Once again they played way too conservatively with a lead and gave Brees a chance to win the game at the end, that's unacceptable.
    For as well as his D played , Rex lacks a killer instinct to put teams away when he has a chance.

On the last two Jet possessions , the Saints had not 10 but 11 in the box and we still ran right up the gut to give the ball back .
    When the game ended what part of the field were the Saints on?? Even in wins if they don't do it the way you want you whine..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    When the game ended what part of the field were the Saints on?? Even in wins if they don't do it the way you want you whine..
    My point is he left the game in the hands of the Saints O vs the Jets D . Scoring even 3 more points , or god forbid controlling the football on O for 3 minutes to run out the clock . Good teams , agressive teams do this Rex and the Jets always leave it in his D's hands.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to play conservatively. We were running the ball like champs all day. Our QB has been aweful all day and last week. Your defense has been playing well all day. We were without our top 4 passing threats. You don't throw the ball or try to air it out. I thought our defense would blow the lead like they always do, but they showed up today for 60 minutes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol are you serious? I know your a jets fan but starting to borderline troll status.. Rex Ryan is NOT the Offensive coordinator.. You can say he is the defensive cord. As well as HC because he is calling the D plays.. Marty is calling the O plays.. Amazing Your hatred for Rex can still come out hrs after defeating one of the best teams in NFL.. Marty called a smart game at the end.. He wasn't going to give saints chance to take this game on a turnover.. I guess he noticed how well the D was owning brees/saints so why even take chance.. Sure it's conservative but the run you often criticize worked very well today.. Rex shutdown brees even in the end.. Rex did a outstanding job today with the D.. Your going to have to save your trolling for atleast another two weeks now..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    You have to play conservatively. We were running the ball like champs all day. Our QB has been aweful all day and last week. Your defense has been playing well all day. We were without our top 4 passing threats. You don't throw the ball or try to air it out. I thought our defense would blow the lead like they always do, but they showed up today for 60 minutes.
    No, you have the element of surprise in your favor, good teams don't let it get to a 2 minute drill, good teams would have simply kept the ball against a pretty worn out D.

Our defense played well I agree , but Rex relies way too much on them to ice games which could be put away with just a little balls on O.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, you have the element of surprise in your favor, good teams don't let it get to a 2 minute drill, good teams would have simply kept the ball against a pretty worn out D.

Our defense played well I agree , but Rex relies way too much on them to ice games which could be put away with just a little balls on O.

Please shut the **** up and go away.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saints did it just like Cincinnati last week. We will continue to see heavy fronts the rest of the way with Geno still inexperienced and a shortage of playmakers. Today we were able to get through the first line of defenders and gain a lot of Yards on the ground. Last week we couldn't. We also made some big Counter Plays like the wide Receiver Screens or the throw out of the wildcat.

In General though I would agree that with Geno going Forward, developing and getting together with his Receivers he can punish Teams stacking the box. One Thing though he has to understand protections better and set up the blockers before the snap. He is doing it at times and it will only get better with time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol are you serious? I know your a jets fan but starting to borderline troll status.. Rex Ryan is NOT the Offensive coordinator.. You can say he is the defensive cord. As well as HC because he is calling the D plays.. Marty is calling the O plays.. Amazing Your hatred for Rex can still come out hrs after defeating one of the best teams in NFL.. Marty called a smart game at the end.. He wasn't going to give saints chance to take this game on a turnover.. I guess he noticed how well the D was owning brees/saints so why even take chance.. Sure it's conservative but the run you often criticize worked very well today.. Rex shutdown brees even in the end.. Rex did a outstanding job today with the D.. Your going to have to save your trolling for atleast another two weeks now..
    Don't believe for one minute Rex didn't have influence on those runs in the 4th quarter, this is not Marty's track record, he's normally agressive to a fault.

And how about those handoffs with 1:30 left , what stroke of genius was that.

I wouldn't call allowing close to 400 yards passing , owning an offense. Sure the D line put pressure on Brees but only had 2 sacks , its not like he was on his back everytime he threw. If Brees had pulled that out at the end , no one would remember how valiant the D played.

Just watched the Browns up by three with about 3:00 on the clock ,for all intents and purposes close out the game against the Ravens by playing agressive on O - just once could Rex allow that to happen. Hell no , he'll leave it in his D's hands everytime.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Please shut the **** up and go away.

bite me

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;5049142]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    What happened to fire Rex and Brees breaking records?[/QUOTE

the Jets won b/c Rex's brother.
    Dad was there too today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My point is he left the game in the hands of the Saints O vs the Jets D . Scoring even 3 more points , or god forbid controlling the football on O for 3 minutes to run out the clock . Good teams , agressive teams do this Rex and the Jets always leave it in his D's hands.
    The defense is the strongest part of his team. We won and the defense was instrumental. Why be miserable? become a Gi aints fan.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

The O is a long way off from what you are looking for and that's not how Marty is going to play it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

11 in the box? So I guess my imagination generated the two corners on the outside on our receiver. They were in field goal block formation for the last two series I guess... they had 9 in the box in case you didn't see the sarcasm like you didn't see their corners.