Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POSSIBLE REALISTIC TRADES ?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Fair point. I would usually agree with that. However, yes, in this case, I do believe the Browns are trying to trade him.

so you just believe it in your heart , I got you

I believe it in my heart too

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    No trades. Just keep all of our picks and head into the draft because there will be many top Wr's coming out. You can't build a top team by trading picks when this team is in full rebuilding mode. It never works.

I know everyone wants immediate relief but trading multiple picks for those players is wrong and is a proven blueprint for never ending failure. Great teams are built through the draft 100% of the time. Wanting to go all in too help this team is shortsighted and reeks of desperation for a team that is not ready too make a run for it.
    I was watching Sunday night football when they showed Ted Thompson(Packers GM) and said that out of the 53 Green Bay players 50 have only played in there careers for the Packers, that is amazing.

I don't think it can be done in NY, the press and fans will kill you for not spending money

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Huh? Are you nuts? Have you seen what Tayvon has {more like has not] done this year? No thanks!
    I was half joking. I don't think either team is ready to write off their 1st round picks, but c'mon, Austin has Schitty as his OC. From all reports I read, the Jets were gonna pick him. If the Rams would go for it I bet Idzik would do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    I was half joking. I don't think either team is ready to write off their 1st round picks, but c'mon, Austin has Schitty as his OC. From all reports I read, the Jets were gonna pick him. If the Rams would go for it I bet Idzik would do it.
    Ok. But I am still no. I rather take my chances with Gordon. Tayvon looks like a bust and there were huge questions about him before the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st & 4th for Jimmy Graham.
    2nd for Josh Gordon.

Future built.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    No trades. Just keep all of our picks and head into the draft because there will be many top Wr's coming out. You can't build a top team by trading picks when this team is in full rebuilding mode. It never works.

I know everyone wants immediate relief but trading multiple picks for those players is wrong and is a proven blueprint for never ending failure. Great teams are built through the draft 100% of the time. Wanting to go all in too help this team is shortsighted and reeks of desperation for a team that is not ready too make a run for it.
    I don't understand how people are more willing to use a 1st round pick on an unproven rookie WR with a huge amount of risk over a 2nd round pick for a proven stud WR with some risk. In my opinion it is more risky to draft a WR and pay him 1st round money (Austin) and be attached to him for 4 years then to trade a 2nd for Gordon with very small financial burden ($1 million cap hit for 2014 and 2015). If Gordon f*cks up you can release him with no cap hit. If our first round pick under performs you're stuck with him.

People keep saying that they don't want to give up picks and they want to build through the draft. Well Gordon is 22, proven playmaker with less financial risk and tied to the team for the next 2 seasons after this one. Is that not worth a 2nd round pick? You would all cream your pants if Hill played like Gordon has this year, and he was a 2nd round pick.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Uh, he's better than josh Gordon.
    Uh really...how so?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Uh really...how so?
    Well its my opinion. i think blackmon runs all the routes, Gordon is more of a deep threat guy.Blackmon can go deep to. There both great young players, i'd be happy with either one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    This.

Some just don't get it. Acquiring even Megatron and Jimmy Graham wouldn't guarantee a much better season.
    I wouldn't mind finding that out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    If we had megatron on this team we would be 6-2 and top of the division...he will catch anything that comes his way even in triple coverage.
    Not if Geno continues to get no time and get hammered by the blitz every time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get not trying to make a big push for Gordon. 12 draft picks on a regime that has relatively underwhelmed with their picks. The entire offseason and beginning of this season has had everyone clamoring for an increase in playmakers. Why take a risk with a 2nd round wide out when you could use that 2nd on Josh Gordon? I hope if Britt (gotta take a chance) and Davis are waived that Idzik puts a claim in for them both.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    I was watching Sunday night football when they showed Ted Thompson(Packers GM) and said that out of the 53 Green Bay players 50 have only played in there careers for the Packers, that is amazing.

I don't think it can be done in NY, the press and fans will kill you for not spending money
    The Packers are owned by the Green Bay community shareholders.. If the Jets fans owned the team we would have a new HC and staff on a weekly basis not to mention the bloodshed during shareholder meetings..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We complained when Tanny blew picks for the sake of it, our GM has just proved he values our picks and building through the draft is his primary method to build this team out of the sh1t, he clearly has a long term plan.

Yeah I would of liked Gordon, he chose to value his picks and not overpay, it was the right call.

Good move by Idzik, we are just not used to this kind of mantra but it's the right one and long term we will be better off for it.

Can't wait for this offseason.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder what would happen if the Jets drafted some offensive talent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The Packers are owned by the Green Bay community shareholders.. If the Jets fans owned the team we would have a new HC and staff on a weekly basis not to mention the bloodshed during shareholder meetings..
    Comparison is ridiculous. Green Bay is managed by a GM who reports to a board.

Fans have almost no input other than annually and history tells us 90 percent of shareholders vote via proxy.