Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milliner's numbers compared to some other rookie CBs

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    And Milliner has been banged up. Either way, it is retarded to give up on a kid after 5 or 6 games. CB is probably the hardest position to step in and play in the NFL.
    This is true. And it doesn't seem like the people around here have seen rookie CBs play. They get smoked all the time. He's missed a lot of practice, too, which doesn't help much.

I think he'll be fine.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He looks scary bad. Worse than Wilson did at this point when he came into the league. The book isn't written by any means, but I haven't seen any positives from a 9th overall pick, very worried
    LMAO! Yeah, Milliner isn't the answer. Yet.

But you're just bitter that we didn't ignore the gaping hole left by Revis and go offense with the first pick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

As ridiculous as it is to call any rookie a bust after they've played 4 games, it's doubly ridiculous to use the word on a CB in today's pass happy NFL. And tripley (quadruply?) so when the CB didn't work all off season and gets banged up in-season.

That said, yeah, you'd like the #9 to overcome all of that to a degree, or at least show more than he's shown. I don't think it's anywhere near time to use the B-word, but certainly there's some cause for concern.

I am not on the Milliner bandwagon, but to anoint him a bust already is premature.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post
    Interesting. I would like to know the quality of receivers that Peterson, DRC, etc. went up against. Milliner isn't generally going up against the #1 receiver and has looked foolish against #3s and other rookie wide receivers. I'm not counting him out yet, but he needs to step it up. Maybe he's thinking too much.
    Bingo! Thats why Pro Football Focus's stats on CB's can only be taken with a grain of salt. They fail to take into account the most important variable; the quality of the receivers the CB is covering. Case in point, I believe in last year's rankings the #1 corner was a nickel back for the Falcons, forget his name.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    My guess would be that Cro is playing through an injury.
    He will probably say he is. But all players are banged up to an extent (besides Tommy Boy who never gets breathed on.)

However, maybe Cro is just...bad. Like someone else said, freak athlete with an incredible reach and gap closing acceleration. But he is sub-par in coverage. He is not physical. And even after using his ability to close on a receiver who had beat him, he only makes a play about 50% of the time. Never been a fan of his ever since he shied away from the Shonn Greene hit in the 09 playoffs, and I am really confused when people here consider him a top 10 CB.

He'd probably be an unbelievable deep threat on O if he could catch the ball though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He looks scary bad. Worse than Wilson did at this point when he came into the league. The book isn't written by any means, but I haven't seen any positives from a 9th overall pick, very worried
    +1

I couldn't agree more. Well-said.

He's pregnant with his 9th kid.

The moment Dee Milliner said he was fine with being benched after game 2, he was dead to me. Red flag. Sirens roaring. This guy isn't a football player. Hope I'm wrong, but I see another Vernon Gholston situation materializing right before my eyes.

Wilson's no good, but at least he is aggressive and wants to compete.

The person thrown at the least on that list still got thrown at 42 more times.

That's what I meany by "doesn't look right"