Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'd give up A LOT for Larry Fitzgerald

While I love Fitzgerald he is 31 years old. What the Jets need to do is stop drafting DE and CBs in the first round. The fans are also the same demanding Clowney the fact is the defense is stocked with so many DLs they had to make Coples a OLB. enough is enough the Jets need to start drafting WRs weapons use next years entire draft on offense. Rex is just like his daddy I remember the Eagles the offense sucked Cunningham had no weapons but the defense was stacked. I hope idzik shuts down Ryan and actually spends a draft stockpiling weapons the Jets could have grabbed Patterson instead of wasting the pick on milliner.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Your username certainly suits you.
    I scrolled up to see if it was Mike Ditka.

if he was that one missing piece that would make the Jets a true Superbowl contender, i would agree. But this team simply has too many holes to fill.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Let's face it. This offense needs that one receiver who can carry the unit on his shoulders. We have no true #1 receiver. We can try to rely on our mediocre draft placement to hope we get lucky (and face 1-2 years of growing pains), or we can get Larry Fitzgerald, who with the right QB, is a true game-changer. Arizona has had terrible QB play the past 2 seasons, and I think that is the primary reason why his numbers have gone down, along with the emergence of Michael Floyd. He remains a beast player though.

Players like Larry Fitz don't come around often. This offense needs a skill player with experience to build around. It is the ideal situation to pay up.
    I would give up a 1st, 3rd, and Stephen Hill. Give Geno that franchise WR to build a passing attack around, then this team can try to take the next step.
    If we can send Hill but keep his hammys for Fitz.

And we can make Fitz 25 again.

And we keep the 3, at least.

Done.

I think any team would love Fitzgerald but it's hard to imagine a scenario where both teams are getting fair value for him. Given his age and salary I think a first and even a second would be overpaying for him. Hard to imagine the cards taking a 3rd or 4th for the guy.

to all the nay-sayers, I ask you this: How good was Joe Flacco before he had an Anquan Boldin?

We don't have Brady, Manning, Brees, or Rodgers. We NEED top skill players to compete.
    by the time geno becomes a very good QB, fitz would be just another old receiver.....those 1-3 picks
    could go to getting the best receiver in draft.....

Even Tannenbaum wouldn't make that franchise killing trade.

All I gotta say is, think back to when Bill Parcells got Curtis Martin. He said, "he's gonna be expensive, but he'll be the hardest worker on the field, and make everyone else a harder worker as a result."
    I think Fitzgerald could pay those kind of dividends for this offense. He will help change the whole culture and has 5-6 good years left.

Let's face it. This offense needs that one receiver who can carry the unit on his shoulders. We have no true #1 receiver. We can try to rely on our mediocre draft placement to hope we get lucky (and face 1-2 years of growing pains), or we can get Larry Fitzgerald, who with the right QB, is a true game-changer. Arizona has had terrible QB play the past 2 seasons, and I think that is the primary reason why his numbers have gone down, along with the emergence of Michael Floyd. He remains a beast player though.

Players like Larry Fitz don't come around often. This offense needs a skill player with experience to build around. It is the ideal situation to pay up.
    I would give up a 1st, 3rd, and Stephen Hill. Give Geno that franchise WR to build a passing attack around, then this team can try to take the next step.
    If he was 26 then yes. At 30, that would be stupid as we are not Fitz away from the playoffs.

Andre Johnson or Larry Fitz may be cut after season, patience is key. Let's just settle in the middle rounds of the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    You might be able to get a number 1 WR in the draft next year and have him for 10 years; I wouldn't trade our #1 pick for anyone except a young great player and Larry Fitzgerald is long in the tooth.

All Pro
    I agree I think the offense needs some one like Fitz. I like Kerely alot but he is not that deep threat. I would love for him to be the speedster Cruz is but I will take him as a very good 3rd down WR. Hill has the body structure to be a physical WR but he is so up and down. This is Holmes' last go around with us so I think Fitz would be great. But not sure how much I would give up.

I think people underestimate the leadership aspect of getting a guy like Fitz. Right now this offense has no leader. If they draft a skill player, that rookie probably won't be a leader either.

THIS OFFENSE NEEDS A VETERAN LEADER. We are getting nowhere with Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill as our WRs of the future.

Maybe the Cardinals would be willing to trade Fitzgerald for Legarrette Blount and a 3rd rounder...

I just want some damn FIGHTERS at the WR position!

We gotta be among the softest in the league!

Quote Originally Posted by jjoy21 View Post
    This would be a horrible trade for the Jets and Fitzgerald, Why would we give up are 1st and 3rd round picks and a decent receiver with a lot of potential for a 30 year old receiver. He is an absolute beast but by the time the jets are done rebuilding (probably another 2 years) his play will have declined and he'll eat up so much cap space that they could use on young talent. As for Larry, I'm pretty sure he has a no trade clause so why would he come to the jets instead of potential super bowl team with a proven quarterback like the colts? Larry wants a ring and hes not gonna get one with the jets this year or next. This is "big splash" Tannenbaum trade that is made for jersey sales rather than to win, and it would really hurt the Jets in the future.
    You really don't think the jets have a chance to win the Super Bowl next year?

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    If he was 26 then yes. At 30, that would be stupid as we are not Fitz away from the playoffs.
    Yes we are.

All we need is a solid number one receiver and we will go deep in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayboiX View Post
    if he was that one missing piece that would make the Jets a true Superbowl contender, i would agree. But this team simply has too many holes to fill.
    No, it really doesn't.

Veteran
    Evryone of the wr's we have but one and a second round pick. Him and Megatron are my favorite players that aren't Jets. Hell... I like em more than some of our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
    Yes we are.

All we need is a solid number one receiver and we will go deep in the playoffs.
    Really?? Fitz or even Calvin would have provided us nothing to compete with the Bengals. I'm as happy as anyone about a 4-4 start but I'm not delusional about what this team is right now.