Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mehta: Jets defense declawed by Andy Dalton, Marvin Jones and Bengals offense

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    No, you didn't start a thread, you copy and pasted an article, offered no insight and didn't credit the author. My apologies for saying 8 threads, it's 7. Since there are no intelligent Jet fans here, why don't you just go back to Hindiboycockgobblers.com?
    1) Manish should be a good writer for the Jets. He can be and has been, but he chooses not to. Instead, he's a complete sell out of the worst kind; the one that sacrifices his abilities and his pride for attention and publicity. Judging from his last name, I can only assume that his parent's caste and native Western-Indian dialect is the same as my parent's, and his ability to break stereotypes and land a job that he loved was something that I was happy to see. On a small and somewhat stupid level, it showed a progressive mindset for our particular race's conservative/traditionalist lifestyles and upbringings. Frankly, it's disappointing to see someone I was initially so proud of throw it away for the emptiness of controversial publicity.

2) Hindi is a language. Hindu is a religion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    1) Manish should be a good writer for the Jets. He can be and has been, but he chooses not to. Instead, he's a complete sell out of the worst kind; the one that sacrifices his abilities and his pride for attention and publicity. Judging from his last name, I can only assume that his parent's caste and native Western-Indian dialect is the same as my parent's, and his ability to break stereotypes and land a job that he loved was something that I was happy to see. On a small and somewhat stupid level, it showed a progressive mindset for our particular race's conservative/traditionalist lifestyles and upbringings. Frankly, it's disappointing to see someone I was initially so proud of throw it away for the emptiness of controversial publicity.

2) Hindi is a language. Hindu is a religion.
    Off topic but just out of curiosity, is the caste system still strong or has it been slowly dissolving? I have friends who don't like talking about it so I don't ask. Feel free to ignore...just curious.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Off topic but just out of curiosity, is the caste system still strong or has it been slowly dissolving? I have friends who don't like talking about it so I don't ask. Feel free to ignore...just curious.
    I'm not an anthropologist, and I've lived in the US my entire life, but I'll give you my personal observations. Here in the US, it's not even an afterthought...it's just nothing.

Where my extended family is in India, it is more progressive and economically successful than most other parts of India, and when I visit there, it seems to be melting away, albeit rather slowly.

However, because of the 1000s (no exaggeration) of dialects/cultures/traditions in India based on region, 100s of idols in the polytheistic religion of Hinduism, and lack of a discernible way to properly group all of the combinations of people- referring to someone's caste, religion, and dialect are the best way to describe someone. It's backwards, but then, so is the caste system in general.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not an anthropologist, and I've lived in the US my entire life, but I'll give you my personal observations. Here in the US, it's not even an afterthought...it's just nothing.

Where my extended family is in India, it is more progressive and economically successful than most other parts of India, and when I visit there, it seems to be melting away, albeit rather slowly.

However, because of the 1000s (no exaggeration) of dialects/cultures/traditions in India based on region, 100s of idols in the polytheistic religion of Hinduism, and lack of a discernible way to properly group all of the combinations of people- referring to someone's caste, religion, and dialect are the best way to describe someone. It's backwards, but then, so is the caste system in general.
    Understood. Thanks for the info. I knew nothing about it until I started working in high tech years ago but was curious as everyone (of my friends from India) seemed to get along even though I know some of them are from different castes. Thank you for sharing that helps.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyeffinjetsfan View Post
    How can the Jets be "Declawed"?

That's the biggest problem I have with the article. And the Brick City Mehta guy calls us dumb.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Mehta. How can you really disagree with him here? The jets are a circus and a team of clowns from top to bottom, an absolute embarrassment to the league.

Rex Ryan should have been fired Monday morning, but unfortunately it's not like there is anyone better at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    That's the biggest problem I have with the article. And the Brick City Mehta guy calls us dumb.
    I was thinking the same thing. Exactly how many claws does your average jet have?

Maybe I'm just a stupid Jet Fan. Oh well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
    I love Mehta. How can you really disagree with him here? The jets are a circus and a team of clowns from top to bottom, an absolute embarrassment to the league.

Rex Ryan should have been fired Monday morning, but unfortunately it's not like there is anyone better at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SARS and mehta... yeah the circus must be in town all right

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I currently live in a city of 8 million people in India.

The official stance is that the caste system is abolished. However terms like "community" pop up in everyday conversation while some spots in colleges and government jobs are allotted based on a person's "class". ie: The-offensive-to-western-ears "Backward Classes" are entitled to 27% reservations in public sector employment and higher education.

In my view as a white guy that's lived here for four years, the root of it all is the Indian extended family. The American notion of leave your elders behind and start your own family is rare here. Often times when couples get married here two families come together in a single household (parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. all under one roof) or they move in close to one another. That happens a couple times and suddenly there's a whole community of people from the same background with similar culture.

It's all quite lovely until someone decides to stratify the different communities and limit what opportunities were available to them.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets don't get declawed you idiot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    HEY METHA!

DECLAW YOUR VAG...

Smarmy little puss... Declaw YOUR ass

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    HEY METHA!

DECLAW YOUR VAG...

Smarmy little puss... Declaw YOUR ass
    Another dumb post. This is fun. Your posts keep getting dumber and dumber.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick City View Post
    And yet they are more entertaining than the used maxi pads you try to pass off as "breaking news"

Will you be moving to Tampa as the Official Staph Reporter at the Bucs facility? Seems like a perfect fit for you!

HAHAHA!!

EAD, clown baby!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I currently live in a city of 8 million people in India.

The official stance is that the caste system is abolished. However terms like "community" pop up in everyday conversation while some spots in colleges and government jobs are allotted based on a person's "class". ie: The-offensive-to-western-ears "Backward Classes" are entitled to 27% reservations in public sector employment and higher education.

In my view as a white guy that's lived here for four years, the root of it all is the Indian extended family. The American notion of leave your elders behind and start your own family is rare here. Often times when couples get married here two families come together in a single household (parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. all under one roof) or they move in close to one another. That happens a couple times and suddenly there's a whole community of people from the same background with similar culture.

It's all quite lovely until someone decides to stratify the different communities and limit what opportunities were available to them.
    Interesting perspective, and one that many first generation Indian-Americans share when having to explain to our parents why we don't want to move back in with them after college, and why we shouldn't live with them after marriage. Some emigrated parents in the US take offense to their children moving away and starting a life on their own, simply because they know nothing different.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick City View Post
    Ironic. Look up the definition of dumb.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Jets don't get declawed you idiot.
    He's talking about the Big Bad Wolves on the D-line?

I think someone reads the JI threads and then takes shots through his "journalism".