Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I will not be surprised if the Jets finish 11-5

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    11-5? Like we lose next week and then shutout the rest of our schedule? It's a nice idea but highly likely. We haven't even won back to back wins once. How are they going to close out seven in a row?

7-9 wins is still a reasonable goal for the team this year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see your reason for being optimistic about the second half schedule but I think you've had a bit too much koolaid. Ok if they do beat N.O. this week to go back over 500 then I do see a legit chance to win 10 games but still likely looking at 8-9 wins. If they lose to N.O. than those numbers change to 7-8. There is no way this young team wins 7 straight. 7 total is more likely.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    8 - 8 with maybe 9- 7 being an outside chance. However, we're not far off being a 7 - 9 team as well. But 11 wins, I just don't see it with the inconsistency we've shown so far. I'd be thrilled with a 9 and 7 season and wouldn't be unhappy with us finishing at 8 and 8.

jf
    Last edited by jetsfellow; 10-30-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfellow View Post
    8 - 8 with maybe 9- 7 being an outside chance. However, we're not far off being a 7 - 9 team as well. But 11 wins, I just don't see it with the inconsistency we've shown so far. I'd be thrilled with a 9 and 7 season and wouldn't be unhappy with us finishing at 8 and 8.

jf
    Even 7-9 would not be an unreasonable place to finish given where the team was in January.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Put me in with the 7-9 win crown ... but hope you're right bro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    This d can't defend the pass. Any decent passer will rip us apart. Unless Rex can coach them up. Right now every db on this team is showing zero cover skills. I really hope Rex and the coaches can fix this.
    This makes no sense---Don't we have two number one picks play in DB? Isn't Rex a brilliant evaluator of defensive talent?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    We get it. The Raiders are the greatest franchise in the history of franchises.

Move along nothing to see here....
    The Raiders aren't the greatest franchise in history, but they're in the top ten.

I don't get why Jets fans in general don't want to discuss the game with fans from other teams, especially respectful fans like R75.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The Raiders aren't the greatest franchise in history, but they're in the top ten.

I don't get why Jets fans in general don't want to discuss the game with fans from other teams, especially respectful fans like R75.
    I like Raiders. He's a passionate fan. Sometimes he's a little crazy with it, especially being on foreign soil (not his website), but you can't fault the guy for sticking up for his team.

Having said that, this website talks more about football and the games than any garbage spewed on most opposing teams' websites - including Raiders and Patriots message boards.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    What's hilarious about this post is NE could have easily lost 5 games on a handful of plays/no calls and be 1-7 also... But they aren't, they're 6-2 and the Jets aren't, they're 4-4...

On another note, since when did Buffalo in Buffalo become a powerhouse? The game is probably going to be a god damn snow bowl, anyone chalking it up as a win or a loss is an idiot...
    There's a difference between games decided by FGs and those decided by plays, non calls and calls.

In two of the Pats SB years the games in Buffalo were as tough as any game they had all season. In 2001 they lucked out on a fluke fumble play and in 2003 they got blown out 31-0.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I like Raiders. He's a passionate fan. Sometimes he's a little crazy with it, especially being on foreign soil (not his website), but you can't fault the guy for sticking up for his team.

Having said that, this website talks more about football and the games than any garbage spewed on most opposing teams' websites - including Raiders and Patriots message boards.
    I find the boards I visit to be pretty much the same. Most visitors need to tread lightly, and yet, when there are crap stirrers they sometimes get more responses than the respectful fans like the Raider guy.

Plus, I'm a little more sensitive to other teams from the original AFL days, teams like the Raiders, Chiefs and Jets. The only exception that I made to that allegiance was in 2001, when I placed a 25 year curse on the Raiders after we beat them in the Snow Bowl. They won't be able to win another SB until 2026 at the earliest.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find the boards I visit to be pretty much the same. Most visitors need to tread lightly, and yet, when there are crap stirrers they sometimes get more responses than the respectful fans like the Raider guy.

Plus, I'm a little more sensitive to other teams from the original AFL days, teams like the Raiders, Chiefs and Jets. The only exception that I made to that allegiance was in 2001, when I placed a 25 year curse on the Raiders after we beat them in the Snow Bowl. They won't be able to win another SB until 2026 at the earliest.
    Other websites ban you if you're not a fan of that team. Some have a 3 day waiting period on all posts so they can be reviewed. This website is one of the better ones. After a loss to the Jets, Patsfan.com shuts down. Sooth has it right here, way better than most.

Condescending is not the same as respectful. Titanbuoy, AFCEastfan, and a some of the other guys are super respectful, and really good posters. Forcing an opposing opinion down the majority's throats and being defiant doing so isn't respectful. There's a way to discuss, but you have to know your audience, and you have to realize where the opinion is coming from.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Raider is harmless and I would rather him here then 85% of you chowd trolls....

It just gets annoying when he goes Megahomer about his Raiders....I admire his optimism and loyalty but it borders on delusional and no one gives a **** about the Raiders on a Jet message board.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Raider is harmless and I would rather him here then 85% of you chowd trolls....

It just gets annoying when he goes Megahomer about his Raiders....I admire his optimism and loyalty but it borders on delusional and no one gives a **** about the Raiders on a Jet message board.

Oakland hasnt looked half as bad as I figured they would they are getting great play out of a lot of cheap FA. Jennings, Porter, Burnet, Simms, Walker, and Roach are all looking better then they have in years really. They are all still patches though they are going to obviously gut the team this off season. They will likely be 5-11, 6-10 looking to draft a OT in the 1st or even trade down to add picks.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    With all due respect, and I mean that sincerely, you are nuts. Our defense is so over rated it makes me sick when I think about how many times we have drafted "stud" DL'men to rush the passer which we still cannot, then I watch a defense full of nobody's like the Rams last night spend the entire game in the opposing backfield, flying around the ball, sacking the QB left and right, blitzing safeties who go in and pummel the QB untouched. I am sorry, but there is something wrong with our defense, either they are over rated, or the players we have assembled are just not that good. And, when was the last time this defense got off of the field on the last drive of a game not surrendering at least a tying FG?

11-5 is flat out ridiculous with this bunch, in fact, I would venture to say we will be lucky to win 1 or 2 more game this entire season:

NO Loss
    @BUF Loss
    @Balt Loss
    Mia Loss
    Oak Win (maybe)
    @Car Loss
    Cle Win (maybe)
    Mia Loss

Looking like another 6-10 season to me, unless we make a surprise trade and bring some offensive talent in here that can help extend drives and keep our defense off of the field. But that does not excuse the poor defensive performances we have witnessed lately. NE is garbage this year, no way we should have allowed them to tie that game at the end. A REAL good Championship caliber defense does not allow that and this defense allows that in any game that we are ahead near the end.
    I think we will spilt with Miami, 7-9, we still need a QB, Geno is not the long term answer.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    With all due respect, and I mean that sincerely, you are nuts. Our defense is so over rated it makes me sick when I think about how many times we have drafted "stud" DL'men to rush the passer which we still cannot, then I watch a defense full of nobody's like the Rams last night spend the entire game in the opposing backfield, flying around the ball, sacking the QB left and right, blitzing safeties who go in and pummel the QB untouched. I am sorry, but there is something wrong with our defense, either they are over rated, or the players we have assembled are just not that good. And, when was the last time this defense got off of the field on the last drive of a game not surrendering at least a tying FG?
    But that does not excuse the poor defensive performances we have witnessed lately. NE is garbage this year, no way we should have allowed them to tie that game at the end. A REAL good Championship caliber defense does not allow that and this defense allows that in any game that we are ahead near the end.
    I have never felt at ease when the game is close since 2010. I've just seen too many times teams drive right down the field like the defense is still on the bench or the flags start flying if they even get near the receiver.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probable losses:

The Saints at MetLife
    The Ravens away
    The Fins away

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many of us excused last week's terrible defeat based on playing the Bengals which supposedly is a much better team. However, this same team lost to the Dolphins who dropped four straight games. We keep hearing that the Jets have such a strong defense. You begin to wonder if this is actually true or it is a fantasy. This Sunday is a good test to see how good the defense really is. Hopefully, as Jets fans we will not be disappointed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much of the talk on here about our strengths and weaknesses seems to miss the obviousness of where we are right now.

We're 4-0 when our Rookie QB plays well. We're 0-4 when he doesn't.

We're 3-1 at Home. We're 1-3 on the road.

These are the strongest factors here. Geno is more comfortable at home, where he plays better. Our D benefits from the home crowd too. Yeah, Geno was great against the Falcons. In every other road game he's been terrible.

I think people doubting the defense will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. I think we match up pretty well with the Saints -- stop Jimmy Graham and avoid turnovers and I think we're in great shape.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aren't Rex's Jets undefeated against Rob?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Aren't Rex's Jets undefeated against Rob?
    Two games is a pretty small sample size.