Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not buying or handing out any halloween candy at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Holidays in general are f*cking stupid.

F*cking Christmas. Yah. Celebrate The Lord Jesus by buying sh*t for your brat.

F*cking Thanksgiving. Let's be thankful for the stuff we have so we can go to the mall the following day and assault each other over sh*t we don't need.

Easter. Rabbit that lays eggs and zombie Jesus. Enough said.
    F A RIght. Easter bunny what ******* came up with that **** and we bought it. Or our parents did, Bunny Rabbit ****ing eggs wtf. I do enjoy thanksgiving though only because it pisses off the native americans. I got A personal beef with the seminole tribe

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    F A RIght. Easter bunny what ******* came up with that **** and we bought it. Or our parents did, Bunny Rabbit ****ing eggs wtf. I do enjoy thanksgiving though only because it pisses off the native americans. I got A personal beef with the seminole tribe
    I like thanksgiving for the food. But hate it for the a**hole "bargain" shoppers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

you posted that just to get a rise out of me eh..

Jets Insider VIP
    I like thanksgiving for the food. But hate it for the a**hole "bargain" shoppers.
    Oh the day after. Somehow i always find myself at best buy like the other sheep mad at myself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Oh the day after. Somehow i always find myself at best buy like the other sheep mad at myself.
    I often wonder, why can't gas mains explode in a mall on Black Friday.

The wifey dragged me to a store on Black Friday last year. We went home and I had her research famous spree killers on Wikipedia.

you two thoroughly depress me...in a good way...

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    So answer the door dressed as the pope, wtf. hand out wafers.

All Pro
    You are so ****ed, you cheap bastard. The locals are gonna **** all over your car and house. They represent Satan and she's a ***** when you make her angry.

Hall Of Fame
    Is your resentment for Halloween new? If I had to guess I would say you had you fair share of fun on Halloween when you where a kid and a teen. Probably as a young adult too.

Jets Insider VIP
    I often wonder, why can't gas mains explode in a mall on Black Friday.

The wifey dragged me to a store on Black Friday last year. We went home and I had her research famous spree killers on Wikipedia.
    She just called me an told me we're going to a halloween party at her boss's house. After I told her im not buying any ****ing candy in a text. Soon the lights and the wreaths and all that other ****. Im not doing it this year no fn way. This is how it all starts. It's a set up halloween kicks it off

All Pro
    Halloween at Ragu's house

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Is your resentment for Halloween new? If I had to guess I would say you had you fair share of fun on Halloween when you where a kid and a teen. Probably as a young adult too.
    No I was always kept under lock and key on halloween, punished really. Was never let out as my friends would always get themselves in trouble with the cops. Lotta good it did LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    As if i needed another reason to not like this holiday the shanty irish put it on the map. Now i loathe it. Right there with St Patricks day

Ancient Origins of Halloween
    Halloween's origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in). The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1. This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. Celts believed that on the night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred. On the night of October 31 they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth. In addition to causing trouble and damaging crops, Celts thought that the presence of the otherworldly spirits made it easier for the Druids, or Celtic priests, to make predictions about the future. For a people entirely dependent on the volatile natural world, these prophecies were an important source of comfort and direction during the long, dark winter.

To commemorate the event, Druids built huge sacred bonfires, where the people gathered to burn crops and animals as sacrifices to the Celtic deities. During the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other's fortunes. When the celebration was over, they re-lit their hearth fires, which they had extinguished earlier that evening, from the sacred bonfire to help protect them during the coming winter

Jets Insider VIP
    My kids enjoy the holidays and the traditions attached to them, that's good enough for me. Quite honestly, one of the things I am envious of with them is that they will likely never become embittered over the vagaries associated with all of the holidays. For them, it's a chance to have fun. If someone wants to obstruct that in any way (as Ragu and PK seem to want to), so be it, that's their choice. Shaking canes and bibles can be fun, too, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    My kids enjoy the holidays and the traditions attached to them, that's good enough for me. Quite honestly, one of the things I am envious of with them is that they will likely never become embittered over the vagaries associated with all of the holidays. For them, it's a chance to have fun. If someone wants to obstruct that in any way (as Ragu and PK seem to want to), so be it, that's their choice. Shaking canes and bibles can be fun, too, I reckon.
    Are you dressing as Cat Woman this year?

and whats wrong with Cat Woman i'd like to know...

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    and whats wrong with Cat Woman i'd like to know...
    ...on a hot woman?

Nothing at all!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Are you dressing as Cat Woman this year?

I already did, so I figured I'd dress as something different for Halloween.

:doubledancingalien:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

I'll be answering the door as this guy: