Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Wright's latest mock (10.29.13)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If the Giants dont go OL Eli should have the right to kick his GM square in the nuts. Manziel to the Browns LOLOLOL LOL.. Mettenburger in the 1st to KC who has no 2nd round? One RB in the 1st and that is Thomas?? Dude so much isnt wright here.
    No RB's went in the first last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    As usual I have no idea what you are talking about. Manziel will go absolute latest early 2nd rd.
    He might. But he shouldn't

Jets Insider VIP
    I really have no idea what you have been watching the past two years. This guy is without a doubt a top QB prospect.

If Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Tebow etc can go in the first, I like Manziel's odds to do the same. QB's time and time get pushed up the draft board.
    Just because you dominate at the collegiate level, doesn't mean you are a pro talent. TEBOW dominated. Charlie Ward did too and didn't even go pro.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Because they all sucked balls. lol I said that last year. I wouldnt have even taken a 2nd round last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Evans scares me. I feel like his speed is going to be in question after the combine. Maybe I'm wrong, but right now I'd rather opt for a blue chip TE.
    I agree. I think his speed is going to be an issue. Reminds me of Michael Floyd.

Thomas is also like the 6th best RB in this class.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree. I think his speed is going to be an issue. Reminds me of Michael Floyd.
    Floyd ran a sub 4.5 40 plus he is 2" shorter than Evans. They are pretty different receivers. Evans is more Marques Colston than Floyd.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 11-02-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Floyd ran a sub 4.5 40 plus he is 2" shorter than Evans. They are pretty different receivers.
    Floyd is not nearly that fast in pads. I think Evans will end up running a decent 40 but I don't think it will match his speed on tape either. For some reason I though Floyd was about the same height. He is 6'3", it is not like he is a midget.

Jets Insider VIP
    Just because you dominate at the collegiate level, doesn't mean you are a pro talent. TEBOW dominated. Charlie Ward did too and didn't even go pro.
    Not sure how this disproves anything I posted. Were not talking if Manziel will be good at the pro level, were talking about where he will be drafted.

the jets are playing practice squad guys and guys who were cut, and they have them taking an olb over the best TEs in the draft.

i think Idzik has proved he will go BPA 100%. the only positions he wouldn't touch in next years first round is DT, QB, and OT. i really wouldn't even put it past him to take a CB if a great one fell. WR and TE is about as likely as DE/OLB, CB, S, OG

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Thomas is also like the 6th best RB in this class.
    Thomas who?

Jets Insider VIP
    Not sure how this disproves anything I posted. Were not talking if Manziel will be good at the pro level, were talking about where he will be drafted.
    He will be drafted. But not the first 3 rounds. Unless a GM who already had a QB might take a shot

Few thoughts after reading this thread.

1. Manziel is coming out there is no doubt about it. I also have no worries about his size. More then his character issues (as far as the drinking etc), my worry with him is will he be the first guy in and last guy out of the locker room? NFL QBs need to be "that guy" as far as the hardest working, and manziel has gotten by on his athleticism i just don't know if he is a student of the game.

2. D'Anthony should slap Schotty across the face for probably costing him about 10 or so draft spots with the way Tavon Austin has been used. Leave it to schotty to get the absolute least he can out of his players. While he is small, Thomas would be an amazing fit in MM's offense - on screens, at RB, in the slot etc. I would love to see it (if watkins is off the board). This offense can work with 4 RBs (Ivory, goodson, powell, and thomas), 1 FB, and hill, kerley, nelson, FA WR (preferably eric decker or maclin), salas - (type player).

3. After that, I want to stay with BPA in each round, and hope to find young DBs, that can learn our system and fill in as necessary, LBs that can run, and a TE.

Veteran
    How many QBs do you guys think will go in Rd 1?
    I guess TB and JAX are guaranteed to pick QB, but how about MIN and PHI?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fanatic View Post
    The Bucs are guaranteed not to take QB. They like Glennon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Vikings are more likely to go QB than Tampa is.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    i think Idzik has proved he will go BPA 100%. the only positions he wouldn't touch in next years first round is DT, QB, and OT. i really wouldn't even put it past him to take a CB if a great one fell. WR and TE is about as likely as DE/OLB, CB, S, OG
    Do you really think that there wont be a little more weight on helping out the offense a bit more? Not being sarcastic....I'm really asking.
    Last edited by Jets Fanatic; 11-08-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Strong chance both GM and coach get fired.

Then all bets are off regarding QB.

Veteran
    sooo.....any chance that draft creator spreadsheet is available extra early this year?