Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: TNF Game Thread: Cincinnati @ Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    When you say kick their ass do you mean the same way that the Jets kicked the Pats ass or the way that Cincy kicked the Jets?
    A mix of the 2.

And I never said the Jets kicked your patsy asses, but that's ok. I know it still lingers with you, bellicheat, and the losers on the team.

The safety call was correct, the catch and the holding call which ultimately decided the game were wrong. They took 7 away and then Dalton throws the pick 6, 14 point swing, game set match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Although we can agree that calls in general are playing too much of a role in the outcome of games, I still think that the players are the biggest factor. If Hartline doesn't have the field presence to get those feet in that position or Cameron Wake doesn't have the quickness that he does, then those plays would have gone the other way.

The VP of officials for the NFL was interviewed right after the game, and he commented that all plays are reviewed by them. I think they do it to grade the officials for playoff placement. Both of those calls were reviewed and deemed correct. It looked that way to me too.

In response to this game being a bigger indictment on Rex, I agree with that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Really..when was the last time we swept the dolphins?
    I believe in 2010 SouthPark.I just like the matchups with the Dolphins. The Bengals played flat, and still had more yards and twice as many 1st downs.It was desperation time for the Dolphins.

The Jets big hole on defense, the same big hole for the last 5 years is a Cam Wake like edge rusher. Our dline with a legit edge guy would be extremely nasty.

Oh and yet another raspberry to the goofs on this site that dismiss players just because they come from the CFL.

Really..when was the last time we swept the dolphins?
    Wow, i was wrong.We never swept the Dolphins under Ryan. That doesn't discourage me though, i love kool aid. We sweep the Fins this year, so there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets big hole on defense, the same big hole for the last 5 years is a Cam Wake like edge rusher. Our dline with a legit edge guy would be extremely nasty.

Oh and yet another raspberry to the goofs on this site that dismiss players just because they come from the CFL.
    Yep, if you can't pressure the Qb it exposes the rest of the defense(LB's, DB's) for what is is - average.

Hall Of Fame

Agreed. Considering the importance of having edge rushers, it is pretty amazing that the Jets have virtually ignored that position in the draft over the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Wow, i was wrong.We never swept the Dolphins under Ryan. That doesn't discourage me though, i love kool aid. We sweep the Fins this year, so there.
    Atta boy.... KING KOOL AID!

Barnes was a huge loss for us.Not a surprise our pass d, isn't what it was before he went down.

Atta boy.... KING KOOL AID!
    i always admit when im wrong Southpark. Glad i don't have arthritis

Jets have zero chance to beat Miami this year,

Does anybody really think the jets circus offense can beat the Miami d?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post

Are you bipolar, or just retarded?

One minute you're talking about us as a playoff team, then 5 minutes later we're a "circus".

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Agreed. Considering the importance of having edge rushers, it is pretty amazing that the Jets have virtually ignored that position in the draft over the last 5 years.
    That's because Rex believes he can create one, like he's f*cking Frankenstein.
    By the way, who is the Dolphins DC that held the Bengals to 3 points for the 1st half? Seems whatever they were doing was giving Dalton problems even when he wasn't rushed.
    But if we lose Rex we will never have a good defense.
    O yea, Matt Patricia is the DC of the Pats, 35 games with at least 1 TO caused.
    I'm starting to think we have even overrated Rex on the defensive side of the ball too. His overload blitzes have fooled no one for the last 2 & 1/2 years, we never seem to be able to close a team out & the only QBs that we dominate suck or or rookies.
    There is nothing about the last 2 1/2 years with Rex that has impressed me! And every team fights through adversity. You find out more when your down.
    Seriously, what wins have we had over the last 2 & 1/2 years that you look back & say, WOW!
    Falcons with a gimpy White, & Jones gets hurt, no Stephen Jackson, and a bad defense missing their best 2 linebackers?
    Pats? missing Amendola, Wilfat, Mayo, Talib, um, if your gonna steal one from the Pats, that would be a good time & of course AGAIN our defense let them tie the game at the end.
    Just no impressed with Rex but the question always is WHO IS OUT THERE?
    Would love to have a Gruden/ Marty combo now that we have Geno. Draft a bunch of skill players & score points, I'm sure we could find a decent DC that would have success with this D line & some free agents to fill some holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you bipolar, or just retarded?

One minute you're talking about us as a playoff team, then 5 minutes later we're a "circus".
    Just a class A butthole, Untouchable

All Pro

The defense is a "Cam Wake" and a ballhawking safety away from becoming elite......I don't know when we will get these things however.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    That's because Rex believes he can create one, like he's f*cking Frankenstein.
    By the way, who is the Dolphins DC that held the Bengals to 3 points for the 1st half? Seems whatever they were doing was giving Dalton problems even when he wasn't rushed.
    But if we lose Rex we will never have a good defense.
    O yea, Matt Patricia is the DC of the Pats, 35 games with at least 1 TO caused.
    I'm starting to think we have even overrated Rex on the defensive side of the ball too. His overload blitzes have fooled no one for the last 2 & 1/2 years, we never seem to be able to close a team out & the only QBs that we dominate suck or or rookies.
    There is nothing about the last 2 1/2 years with Rex that has impressed me! And every team fights through adversity. You find out more when your down.
    Seriously, what wins have we had over the last 2 & 1/2 years that you look back & say, WOW!
    Falcons with a gimpy White, & Jones gets hurt, no Stephen Jackson, and a bad defense missing their best 2 linebackers?
    Pats? missing Amendola, Wilfat, Mayo, Talib, um, if your gonna steal one from the Pats, that would be a good time & of course AGAIN our defense let them tie the game at the end.
    Just no impressed with Rex but the question always is WHO IS OUT THERE?
    Would love to have a Gruden/ Marty combo now that we have Geno. Draft a bunch of skill players & score points, I'm sure we could find a decent DC that would have success with this D line & some free agents to fill some holes.
    They had all those players healthy in New England Jetster, and we lost by a field goal. With a rookie QB, playing his 2nd game, and throwing 3 int's in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Um we have the 4th best defense in our division. Our defense is not as good as Miami, Buffalo, or even NE. They can rush the passer, we cannot. Simple. We aren't sweeping anyone or anything but the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Um we have the 4th best defense in our division. Our defense is not as good as Miami, Buffalo, or even NE. They can rush the passer, we cannot. Simple. We aren't sweeping anyone or anything but the floor.
    i think your reading too much into one game.The bengals could do no wrong, when we played them. nobody, exept maybe the Chiefs and Broncos could have beat them that day. Its a stetch to say we have no pass rush.But the loss of Barnes hurt us big time, because he was in the qb's face before any deep route could open up.The dolphins o-line, will not hold up against us.They're rush d, isn't that good.I think we can win both games.Who really knows?did anybody think we could beat Atlanta.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post

Miami lost 4 in a row including losses to the Bills and Pats, Ravens and Saints.

We will give them a good game. We will have Winslow back and probably Santonio Holmes when we play them.