Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Wheels Falling Off Greg Schiano's Bus in Tampa

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

More Wheels Falling Off Greg Schiano's Bus in Tampa

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=99825#.UnKWLoHatK4.twitter

“I had my D-line coaches get on to me the other day,” McCoy explained. “Well, not get on to me, try to get on to me. There’s no way they’re going to get on to me for this. They got upset with me because I helped somebody up [in the game.] So what! I don’t care. Kiss my butt. Listen, if I want to help somebody, I’m going help somebody up. Because right on the next play I’m going to knock him down again. It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter.

“That doesn’t change how hard I play. As long as in between the whistles I’m not helping anybody up, it doesn’t matter. So what if I help them off the ground? ‘Good job; we’re out here competing. But as soon as they snap the ball, I’m going to kill you again.’

“There’s nothing wrong with that. Everybody’s not like that. If you don’t want to be like that, keep it to yourself. I don’t care. I don’t go tell them, ‘Hey, you’re not doing this. You’re not doing that.’ I don’t care. Everybody does what they do. If I help somebody up, get over it. Get over it.”

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Schiano blows but I agree with the coaches on this one. Especially for DL and OL. You want those guys to be nasty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think Schiano blows but I agree with the coaches on this one. Especially for DL and OL. You want those guys to be nasty.
    Only reason why I don't have a problem with what McCoy said is because he doesn't have a "lack of motor" or intensity problem in between the whistles....

Now if Coples was helping people up after the play.............................................. ........

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting angry about helping a guy up in a game of manchildren.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Only reason why I don't have a problem with what McCoy said is because he doesn't have a "lack of motor" or intensity problem in between the whistles....

Now if Coples was helping people up after the play.............................................. ........
    Good points.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schiano is even worse than Mangini, and that's hard to do

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't Shiano coach his players to hit the QB, even when its a kneel down to end the game. Thats bush, to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the great things about rugby, knock someone on their ass and then extend a hand.... what the heck is wrong with that? Might even help prevent a cheap shot later in the game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Getting angry about helping a guy up in a game of manchildren.
    It's easier to get on a player about helping another guy up than it is to coach technique or put a winning product on the field. I hope Schiano's started getting boxes for moving. He's going to be out of a job in Tampa in just a few weeks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The nasty defenses never help anyone up. Go back and watch the Ravens. Lewis, Suggs, Reed . . . none of those guys would ever help you up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Didn't Shiano coach his players to hit the QB, even when its a kneel down to end the game. Thats bush, to me.
    There was some justification to that. If they can force a fumble they can still win the game. But there is a gentleman's agreement not to do that in the NFL because of risk of injury.

Schiano getting on players helping others up after the play over just shows how pathetic he is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I agree. But I don't think this is that bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    The nasty defenses never help anyone up. Go back and watch the Ravens. Lewis, Suggs, Reed . . . none of those guys would ever help you up.
    That might be a bit of a stretch, no? Unless you were present at every Ravens game where you could see the entire field, how could you possibly know this?

It basically boils down to winning anyway. You can be a coach that fines players for being 2 minutes late to a meeting and yell at them incessantly on the field in practice & games...as long as you're winning. Nobody wants to hear a coach gripe about helping an opposing player up when that same coach is on his NFL deathbed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with McCoy here. Who cares if he helps someone up after a play as long as he still knocks them down on the next play. It's called sportsmanship. I wish more people would do it instead of stupid celebrations after just doing your job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    I have to agree with McCoy here. Who cares if he helps someone up after a play as long as he still knocks them down on the next play. It's called sportsmanship. I wish more people would do it instead of stupid celebrations after just doing your job.
    Tone's first down celebration comes to mind....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't this the microcosm of the Schiano era anyway? Instead of worrying about on the field performance, the coaching staff worries about perceptions and the idea of toughness. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been fired yet, and apparently the only thing holding it up would be the investigation into the medical info leak for Freeman, which would provide an out from the contract for the owners.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    Isn't this the microcosm of the Schiano era anyway? Instead of worrying about on the field performance, the coaching staff worries about perceptions and the idea of toughness. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been fired yet, and apparently the only thing holding it up would be the investigation into the medical info leak for Freeman, which would provide an out from the contract for the owners.
    They won't fire him before the end of the season because they don't want the team rallying around an assistant coach and winning games. At this point they are looking at the draft.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    They won't fire him before the end of the season because they don't want the team rallying around an assistant coach and winning games. At this point they are looking at the draft.
    No. 1 pick is all but locked up with the Jags, so the race for No. 2, should be interesting. Vikings and Rams are the only real contenders at this point for that 2 spot. And the Rams have a 3 game lead, but I doubt they win another game this year given their schedule and QB. It'd be funny, if Josh Freeman starts, does terribly enough that the Vikings lose all their remaining games, and Tampa somehow wins one and loses Clowney because of him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    +1

Tampa might as well tank at this point.