Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Premature Playoff Picture

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    What did Schaub do to give away that 38-13 shellacking at the hands of a mediocre (at best) Rams team? This is not a playoff team.

Not as optimistic as you are about the Texans' chances against NE either. The Patriots have always been a terrible matchup for the Texans. Last year, Texans players and Houston-area pundits were talking about the big statement they were going to make in Foxboro. Here's what happened:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321210017

And, unlike this year, Houston actually had a decent team.
    IF you haven't noticed that patriot team isn't anywhere close to the team they were last year. The Refs basically handed the Patriots the win against the dolphins.(That call was right up their with the tuck rule) The Patriot team has made Tom Brady look like an average Qb this year(losing S Vollmer and that team isn't long for the playoffs- one and done) Again the Patriots beat the Texans throw this in my face.

Btw First off one game doesn't make a team or a season. Second what are you talking about The texans had four turnovers against the Rams. Three of them were returned for Td's by Rams. . The texans were deep in Rams territory twice and turned over the football.( actually have to watch a game and not just look at scoreboard to understand what happened)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 11-02-2013 at 04:13 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    IF you haven't noticed that patriot team isn't anywhere close to the team they were last year. The Refs basically handed the Patriots the win against the dolphins.(That call was right up their with the tuck rule) The Patriot team has made Tom Brady look like an average Qb this year(losing S Vollmer and that team isn't long for the playoffs- one and done)
    The Texans managed to score just 14 points last year against a poor Patriots defense. This year's D is actually quite good. And Houston's QB situation is much worse than it was last year. Whether the Patriots are one-and-done or miss the playoffs entirely, it doesn't change the fact that the Texans stink and have an ice cube's chance in Houston of beating them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Texans managed to score just 14 points last year against a poor Patriots defense. This year's D is actually quite good. And Houston's QB situation is much worse than it was last year. Whether the Patriots are one-and-done or miss the playoffs entirely, it doesn't change the fact that the Texans stink and have an ice cube's chance in Houston of beating them.
    I can agree with this. I think Foster can do some damage but even a mediocre game from Brady gets them out of their with a comfortable W...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    At 2-5 of course they aren't the front runner but they still are the most talented team competing for that last playoff spot.(Beat the Chargers and Titans head to head) . The good thing for the Texans is they are 0-3 in the NFC. So that means they are 2-2 in AFc conference.(the less losses in the conference the better- Jets have 4 already) The Colts losing Reggie Wayne for the season is a big blow to that team. Checkout A Luck numbers with and without Reggie wayne.( they are in trouble) That Texan team is more than capable of going on a big time run.( do they have a Qb that won't lose the game for them). So let me get this straight the Jets could lose this week and be 4-5 and they are still in the playoff hunt , but the texans are done with five losses.

Btw they have to go 5-2. (already give them two wins against Jaguars)
    I say the Ravens as the 6th seed with Harbaugh (proven to win)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats need the one seed to get to the Super Bowl because they are not beating either Denver or KC on the road. They haven't won a road playoff game in years.

San Diego May be that wild card

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    This is what I see, but anything can happen.

1. Broncos 13-3
    2. Chiefs 12-4
    3. Bengals 11-4
    4. Pats 11-5
    5. Colts 11-5
    6. Ravens 9-7

Ravens over Bengals
    Pats over Colts

Broncos over Ravens
    Pats over Chiefs

AFCC - Pats over Broncos

1. Saints 13-3
    2. 49 ers 11-5
    3. Packers 10-6
    4. Cowboys 9-7
    5. Seahawks 10-6
    6. Lions 9-7

Packers over Lions
    Seahawks over Cowboys

Seahawks over Saints
    49ers over Packers

49ers over Seahawks

Super Bowl

Pats over 49ers
    After reading your other posts, I can't say I'm surprised by this one. Only in your world can a team come in second in their division and get a bye.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Pats need the one seed to get to the Super Bowl because they are not beating either Denver or KC on the road. They haven't won a road playoff game in years.

Chargers will not get the wild card. 9 Sun, Nov 3 @ Redskins 1:00 PM FedEx Field Tickets
    10 Sun, Nov 10 Broncos 4:25 PM Qualcomm Stadium Tickets
    11 Sun, Nov 17 @ Dolphins 4:05 PM Sun Life Stadium Tickets
    12 Sun, Nov 24 @ Chiefs 1:00 PM Arrowhead Stadium Tickets
    13 Sun, Dec 1 Bengals 4:25 PM Qualcomm Stadium Tickets
    14 Sun, Dec 8 Giants 4:25 PM Qualcomm Stadium Tickets
    15 Thu, Dec 12 @ Broncos 8:25 PM Sports Authority Field at Mile High Tickets
    16 Sun, Dec 22 Raiders 4:25 PM Qualcomm Stadium Tickets
    17 Sun, Dec 29 Chiefs 4:25 PM Qualcomm Stadium Tickets

That a pretty tough schedule remaining. You rather play the dolphins at home, than on the road . I don't seem them there at the end.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    This is what I see, but anything can happen.

1. Broncos 13-3
    2. Chiefs 12-4
    3. Bengals 11-4
    4. Pats 11-5
    5. Colts 11-5
    6. Ravens 9-7

Ravens over Bengals
    Pats over Colts

Broncos over Ravens
    Pats over Chiefs

AFCC - Pats over Broncos

1. Saints 13-3
    2. 49 ers 11-5
    3. Packers 10-6
    4. Cowboys 9-7
    5. Seahawks 10-6
    6. Lions 9-7

Packers over Lions
    Seahawks over Cowboys

Seahawks over Saints
    49ers over Packers

49ers over Seahawks

Super Bowl

Pats over 49ers
    This scenario is not even close to realistic. Chiefs as #2 seed?? Seahawks going 10-6?? Bengals 11-4?? Pats winning the SB?? Only if they are allowing video taping again!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    IF you haven't noticed that patriot team isn't anywhere close to the team they were last year. The Refs basically handed the Patriots the win against the dolphins.(That call was right up their with the tuck rule) The Patriot team has made Tom Brady look like an average Qb this year(losing S Vollmer and that team isn't long for the playoffs- one and done) Again the Patriots beat the Texans throw this in my face.

Btw First off one game doesn't make a team or a season. Second what are you talking about The texans had four turnovers against the Rams. Three of them were returned for Td's by Rams. . The texans were deep in Rams territory twice and turned over the football.( actually have to watch a game and not just look at scoreboard to understand what happened)
    I liked your old avatar better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that recap intended to illustrate that the Texans aren't so bad after all? It makes them sound every bit like the non-playoff contender that they are.

Like the Texans, the Jaguars also lost to the Rams. But maybe I should watch that game to understand what happened. Maybe the Jaguars are really a playoff caliber team. After all, one game doesn't make a team or a season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

You have to go back to 2006 before the Pats lost a game on the road. All of our recent playoff losses have been at home. 2012, 2010, 2009 were all at home and they missed the playoffs in 2008. But your larger point stands this year's Pats team doesn't look like one that goes deep into the playoffs on the road.

I'm not sold on KC yet, but the Pats would be dogs to both the Bengals and Broncos as things stand right now and would have a tough game against the Ravens and Colts.

Still, even though I'm not sold on KC I could see them being 13-3 and wild cards. Which would be LMAO.

KC @ BUF
    KC @ DEN
    SD @ KC
    DEN @ KC
    KC @ WAS
    KC @ OAK
    IND @ KC
    KC @ SD

I imagine they drop 2 to Denver and split with SD so if they can beat Indy they should also beat Oakland, Buffalo, Washington meaning they'd be 13-3 and and quite possibly playing Wildcard weekend while the Broncos who will likely be 14-2 or 13-3 would be sitting at home. Which seriously would be high comedy especially if they had to travel to play an 11-5 or 10-6 team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I imagine they drop 2 to Denver and split with SD so if they can beat Indy they should also beat Oakland, Buffalo, Washington meaning they'd be 13-3 and and quite possibly playing Wildcard weekend while the Broncos who will likely be 14-2 or 13-3 would be sitting at home. Which seriously would be high comedy especially if they had to travel to play an 11-5 or 10-6 team.
    I'm slightly more bullish on KC. I'd be very surprised if they lose at home to Denver.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm slightly more bullish on KC. I'd be very surprised if they lose at home to Denver.
    I agree that they have a good shot to win one of the two Denver games, more so the home game.

If they do that, there's a very good chance they end up with the #1 seed. The AFC is very polarized, however, minus the #6 Wildcard spot.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dat Welker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Dat Welker.
    Dat Nguyen.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dat Nguyen.

lmbo

Seriously though I think the AFC is Denver and everyone else right now. I gotta see KC beat someone more challenging than Dallas before I'll believe they're as good as their record. I do love Andy Reid though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    EAST - PATS
    WEST - BRONCOS
    SOUTH - COLTS
    NORTH - BENGALS
    WILDCARD - CHIEFS
    WILDCARDS -

NFC

NORTH - PACKERS
    SOUTH - SAINTS
    WEST - SEA HAWKS