Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good bars n restaurants around stadium?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Good bars n restaurants around stadium?

Flying in a couple old friends from FL for the game Sunday (no worries, they're big Jet fans). It'll be the first Jet game for two of em. We're staying at the hotel by the stadium Saturday night to avoid waking up at 5am and having to drive in for the tailgate. After a long night out, doubtful we'd make it on time for when the lots open (live at shore). Figured the 5 min ride from hotel would make things easier. Born n raised in Jersey, but no clue about the area around the stadium.

Anyone know of some good nightlife? Maybe a decent steak house, couple good gentlemen's clubs, and bars? Within taxi distance of stadium?

Thanks for any help.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're 10 minutes away from NYC.

If you're not familiar with NYC, I suggest you go out Saturday night and have fun..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You're 10 minutes away from NYC.

If you're not familiar with NYC, I suggest you go out Saturday night and have fun..
    Thanks. Yeah I'm using the city as my backup if needed. Just wondering if there's anything right around the stadium.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Nice, might just try that one. Figure we'll hit one or two gentlemen's clubs before ending the night at a bar.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Nice, might just try that one. Figure we'll hit one or two gentlemen's clubs before ending the night at a bar.
    AJ's is better. For steaks try Steve's Sizzling Steaks in Carlstadt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should go into the city. Or at the very least, Hoboken.

There will still be people celebrating Halloween tonight and Sat - will be way way way more fun than anything in the deadzone near the stadium.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a steakhouse but great food within 10 minutes of stadium. http://vestapizzeria.com/

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    AJ's is better. For steaks try Steve's Sizzling Steaks in Carlstadt.
    Looks good, thanks man. Checked a few reviews and people seem to love it. Except for a few reviews about it not being a family environment, which is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    You should go into the city. Or at the very least, Hoboken.

There will still be people celebrating Halloween tonight and Sat - will be way way way more fun than anything in the deadzone near the stadium.
    Sure, the NYC, Hoboken, JC option is there. I'm a bit more familiar with Hoboken and JC vs the city. But just had a Jersey City night out two weeks ago. So was looking for something different. Then anytime I head to the city, it's hit or miss. Usually relying on cab drivers to pick out decent places since I really don't know any spots. I know my way around, but not enough to know good nightlife.

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Not a steakhouse but great food within 10 minutes of stadium. http://vestapizzeria.com/
    Awesome, thanks. If it's steaks we want, probably check out what Jumbalaya suggested. Otherwise this could be a good option. Probably easier on the wallet too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If you come to JC, Edward's for steaks. Some Florida Jets fans in town here. They r going to reserve for 8ish. I live in JC so holla if you pass thru.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you come to JC, Edward's for steaks. Some Florida Jets fans in town here. They r going to reserve for 8ish. I live in JC so holla if you pass thru.
    Nice, sounds good. Still up in the air on the plan, but will do if we head that way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can have all of your wishes fulfilled at the Penthouse Excecutive Club on the westside of NYC. Walking distance or quick cab ride from Penn station.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    You can have all of your wishes fulfilled at the Penthouse Excecutive Club on the westside of NYC. Walking distance or quick cab ride from Penn station.
    Lol, all my wishes? The Penthouse Executive Club can ensure a Jets win Sunday? If so, count me in!

Edit: Actually maybe it could if the Saints are staying at the same hotel. Maybe I can befriend a few of em and take along and keep em out all night. Then throw the ladies some extra dough to keep em out late.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't feel like crossing the river, I'd recommend at least venturing out of that little 5 minute radius around the stadium. Hoboken or Jersey City is probably your best bet, if you head east a little bit. If you want to stay a little more low key, maybe try a town like Montclair. Couple nice, pretty good spots to go out over there. I Like Egan & Sons on Walnut Street. Real good food and a very good beer selection. Right next door in Nutley there's a couple good steakhouses (Franklin Steakhouse, I believe).

If you want to stay very close to the stadium, Shannon Rose right off of Route 3 in Clifton is alright. Nothing special, but it's big, open until 3 AM, some pretty good items on the menu.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 11-01-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    If you don't feel like crossing the river, I'd recommend at least venturing out of that little 5 minute radius around the stadium. Hoboken or Jersey City is probably your best bet, if you head east a little bit. If you want to stay a little more low key, maybe try a town like Montclair. Couple nice, pretty good spots to go out over there. I Like Egan & Sons on Walnut Street.

If you want to stay very close to the stadium, Shannon Rose right off of Route 3 in Clifton is alright. Nothing special, but it's big, open until 3 AM, some pretty good items on the menu.
    Been a while since I've been over to Montclair. Used to be a decent place over there, "Just Jakes" I think it was. That still around? Usually had a good band and some cute ladies. Think it was right by the big Cock (rooster) that was for whatever reason painted on the building on the corner.

If we decide to keep it low key, that could do. Just surprised that within a few miles of the stadium there aren't more options. Never really looked, but coulda swore I heard people mention some decent places around there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Edit: Actually maybe it could if the Saints are staying at the same hotel.
    Most visiting teams stay in Westin JC

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most visiting teams stay in Westin JC
    Good to know for the future. Think I was considering that one too, but the Sheraton was closer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been a while since I've been over to Montclair. Used to be a decent place over there, "Just Jakes" I think it was. That still around? Usually had a good band and some cute ladies. Think it was right by the big Cock (rooster) that was for whatever reason painted on the building on the corner.

If we decide to keep it low key, that could do. Just surprised that within a few miles of the stadium there aren't more options. Never really looked, but coulda swore I heard people mention some decent places around there.
    Yea, Just Jake's is still around. Haven't been there in a couple years though, used to go there every once in a while when I was in school there. I'm pretty sure Thursdays is the big college night and Fridays they have a cover band. I think Egan's is much better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Yea, Just Jake's is still around. Haven't been there in a couple years though, used to go there every once in a while when I was in school there. I'm pretty sure Thursdays is the big college night and Fridays they have a cover band. I think Egan's is much better.
    Don't think I ever went there. Maybe it wasn't around when I was hanging around there (like 12 years ago). Looks like a decent place from the website. That's cool, now if we head there we'll have a couple options.

Thanks again all for the input.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think I ever went there. Maybe it wasn't around when I was hanging around there (like 12 years ago). Looks like a decent place from the website. That's cool, now if we head there we'll have a couple options.

Thanks again all for the input.
    No problem, good luck and have fun.