Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clowney

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Clowney

Do you think he could play OLB in a 3-4 defense ? Or is he strictly a 4-3 DE ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can he? Sure. He is a phenomenal talent. Should he? No.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares he is going in the top 2. He will be in TB or Jax next year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Who cares he is going in the top 2. He will be in TB or Jax next year.
    If Tampa or Jacksonville take Clowney over Bridgewater or Mariotta, then they're beyond retarded.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether it's top 2 or 5, it won't be in the Jets range.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If Tampa or Jacksonville take Bridgewater or Mariotta, over Cowney then they're beyond retarded.
    fixed

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Whether it's top 2 or 5, it won't be in the Jets range.
    Its a QB rich draft.Maybe a team picking between 2 & 5 would trade down for the right package, and still be able to draft they're franchise QB. Just a thought.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He doesnt look like a linebacker to me. Looks like a de in the 4-3.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    He doesnt look like a linebacker to me. Looks like a de in the 4-3.
    I don't like the word freak, but Clowney is. Runs a 4.5 40 at 270lbs, thats unreal. And it shows up in games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think overall, Clowney has been overhyped, and has underachieved this year.

Jets don't need to draft another defensive lineman, even to convert into an OLB (has that ever been tried before???? …)

We need a playmaker on offense. Did anyone see Gio Bernard's run vs Miami on Thursday night? Nobody on the Jets could do that if their lives depended on it. Maybe Goodson. Maybe.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Tampa or Jacksonville take Clowney over Bridgewater or Mariotta, then they're beyond retarded.
    Mariotta is super over hyped!! He looks good cause oregon is a gimmick offense Id be suprised if he went before manziel or boyd

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clowney reeks of John Abraham. Ability to get after the passer but doesn't play with a splinter or in big games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    Clowney reeks of John Abraham. Ability to get after the passer but doesn't play with a splinter or in big games.
    This year he's been disappointing for the most part, IMO. Not that he's bad, but not worth the #1 pick overall/Heismann hype.

I think the media is to blame, mostly. The guy is good, not all world.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This year he's been disappointing for the most part, IMO. Not that he's bad, but not worth the #1 pick overall/Heismann hype.

I think the media is to blame, mostly. The guy is good, not all world.
    He doesnt feel the need to give college ball his all and I cant blame him. If he was a QB I'd say he has a poor attitude but he doesnt need to be a leader to be a great DE in the pros. I dont think he is an Abe but Peppers with more speed. He is going to be a play maker regardless.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clowney is perhaps the best passrushing prospect to come out since Julius Peppers. Anyone buying into the media hype saying he has regressed, are wrong.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    fixed
    Please explain what difference Clowney is going to make if Jacksonville is still trotting out Blaine Gabbert or Chad Henne at QB?

Clowney has become massively overhyped.

He's a terrific passrushing prospect, but I don't buy this "he's the next Bruce Smith/Reggie White" crap for a second.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please explain what difference Clowney is going to make if Jacksonville is still trotting out Blaine Gabbert or Chad Henne at QB?

He's a terrific passrushing prospect, but I don't buy this "he's the next Bruce Smith/Reggie White" crap for a second.
    Still a better pick then taking a huge push on a QB. That is how teams end up with Russell and Leaf for 3-4 years and dont develop as a team. Clowney is a sure bet. Some average QB prospect isnt going to make Jax better overnight and TB already has a good project QB. They can pick up a guy like Vick in FA and wait till a better QB class pops up. They dont have to blow their future on a poor QB class reach.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

clowney is playing not to get injured right now. he saw what happened to lattimore and he's not risking it before the draft. he's a guaranteed top 10 pick regardless if he dogs it or not this year, and he'd be perfect for a 3-4 OLB. the best 3-4 OLB pass rushers (think ware, matthews, etc.) need that freakish athletic burst and bend and he's got the tools to do it all. if luck was the new elway, clowney is the new LT. I don't think he's going to get picked #1 because he's taking this year off, but he'd be huge for jacksonville. have you seen how bad their defense is? would phil simms have had those super bowl rings without a game changing player like LT?
    Last edited by cant wait; 11-02-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't predict the next Bruce Smith, Reggie White. That is impossible.