Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 145

Thread: My Health Insurance Premium Doubled

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I did.
    Thats my point...I worded it poorly, my bad. Many talented people wont leave a certain job per se because they are locked into that health insurance program. You left a job to go to another for health insurance. Understood. IF you paid your own, you could have made a career decision based on other factors.

  2. #82
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,170
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Thats my point...I worded it poorly, my bad. Many talented people wont leave a certain job per se because they are locked into that health insurance program. You left a job to go to another for health insurance. Understood. IF you paid your own, you could have made a career decision based on other factors.
    Gotcha. And you're absolutely right.

  3. #83
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,696
    OK guys, anyone who lost their coverage, it's all good now. Just got this on a CNN breaking news email:

    President Barack Obama apologized that some people are losing their health coverage under the Affordable Care Act despite his promises that Americans could keep their insurance plans if they liked them.

    "I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he told NBC News in an exclusive interview.
    He's sorry. Story's over.



    Yikes.

  4. #84
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,288
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    OK guys, anyone who lost their coverage, it's all good now. Just got this on a CNN breaking news email:



    He's sorry. Story's over.



    Yikes.
    He said they'll fix it. We'll see.

  5. #85
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,696
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He said they'll fix it. We'll see.
    Indeed. I see they found some malicious code meant to overwhelm/slow the site, placed with some embedded anti-ACA text, but I'd be surprised if that had a major effect, seems like more of a PR play.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Indeed. I see they found some malicious code meant to overwhelm/slow the site, placed with some embedded anti-ACA text, but I'd be surprised if that had a major effect, seems like more of a PR play.
    Wouldn't it of been a bigger shock if the website worked from day one? The entire ACA has been getting F'd with since day one, blocked funding etc.

  7. #87
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,696
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Wouldn't it of been a bigger shock if the website worked from day one? The entire ACA has been getting F'd with since day one, blocked funding etc.
    Something of that magnitude, with that many visitors right off the bat, is rare, and when it occurs it rarely goes right at the start, so it wasn't a huge surprise - normally it would be delays, while they get it right, but you can understand why that wasn't an option here.

    I mean, if Victoria's Secret and Coca-Cola can't get it right, who's the US Govt to think they can, amirite?

  8. #88
    You are right.

    If you want to build a house in a neighborhood where all of your neighbors don't want it and those neighbors constantly complain, drag you to court, who then are the same neighbors who complain it took you too long to build and hate the color of the home as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Something of that magnitude, with that many visitors right off the bat, is rare, and when it occurs it rarely goes right at the start, so it wasn't a huge surprise - normally it would be delays, while they get it right, but you can understand why that wasn't an option here.

    I mean, if Victoria's Secret and Coca-Cola can't get it right, who's the US Govt to think they can, amirite?

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Exactly and in your elitist mind that is all that matters to you.
    With a liberal what is good for one is good for all. Everyone has different needs.

  10. #90
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    So I am in benefits open enrollment with my consulting agency right now. I am a W-2 consultant so I have to pay for my benefits myself but I get the advantage of being in their group. If I were to buy the same exact policy as last year (which is available) I would pay an extra $110.02/month a 7.65% increase. All in all not horrible but still a bump and more dollar-wise than the OP pays with his premium doubling. Don't know how much if any of that is because of Obamacare. By way of comparison it went up $65.85/month between 2012 and 2013, a 4.94% increase. As you can see by the $ and % increases I already pay WAY too much for health insurance for a family of 4. It is what it is I guess.

  11. #91
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    So I am in benefits open enrollment with my consulting agency right now. I am a W-2 consultant so I have to pay for my benefits myself but I get the advantage of being in their group. If I were to buy the same exact policy as last year (which is available) I would pay an extra $110.02/month a 7.65% increase. All in all not horrible but still a bump and more dollar-wise than the OP pays with his premium doubling. Don't know how much if any of that is because of Obamacare. By way of comparison it went up $65.85/month between 2012 and 2013, a 4.94% increase. As you can see by the $ and % increases I already pay WAY too much for health insurance for a family of 4. It is what it is I guess.
    Your premiums are only part of the picture. What about deductibles? Find out what your max out of pocket costs are.

    By the way, this nonsense around the dropping of plans only affecting a small portion of the population... we haven't even seen the employer mandates go into effect yet. The CBO reports another 20 million people with employer supplied plans will lose coverage when that happens. Some studies put it at over 90 million.

    I say leave it be and let it crumble this nation as intended. The people get what they deserve.

  12. #92
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,178
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post

    I say leave it be and let it crumble this nation as intended. The people get what they deserve.
    If you are following the living case study on display in Europe this is what will happen. Followed by austerity. It is not a matter of "if". Sooner or later we will be forced to deal with our spending problems.

  13. #93
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Your premiums are only part of the picture. What about deductibles? Find out what your max out of pocket costs are.

    By the way, this nonsense around the dropping of plans only affecting a small portion of the population... we haven't even seen the employer mandates go into effect yet. The CBO reports another 20 million people with employer supplied plans will lose coverage when that happens. Some studies put it at over 90 million.

    I say leave it be and let it crumble this nation as intended. The people get what they deserve.
    Deductibles and co-pays remain the same thankfully.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Wouldn't it of been a bigger shock if the website worked from day one? The entire ACA has been getting F'd with since day one, blocked funding etc.
    No doubt. They only spent a couple hundred million developing the site. Everyone knows it takes billions to make a website. Ask Sooth about it.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    No doubt. They only spent a couple hundred million developing the site. Everyone knows it takes billions to make a website. Ask Sooth about it.
    Oh yea, this site is totally comparable to the ACA site.


    Most users ever online was 1,976, 04-25-2013 at 10:04 PM.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    No doubt. They only spent a couple hundred million developing the site. Everyone knows it takes billions to make a website. Ask Sooth about it.
    With the Federal Govt money is no problem, the people building the site are Obama donors. But then again what else is new.

  17. #97
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,876
    Its really a shame the Republican shutdown is hogging all the media attention, and there are lights shining on the train wreck that is ObuttocksCare.





    Oh wait, that's not true.

    'sup Warfist?

  18. #98
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,534
    It looks really bad right now. Any liberal saying otherwise is full of it.

    The law is not working as intended, neither is the website and we have (liberals) argued for most of six years for something that is far more complicated and convoluted than implementing socialized medicine.

    Definitely a big mistake. Don't really know the next step yet...

  19. #99
    Yea Obama couldn't change a roll of toilet paper with out a toilet paper Czar!

  20. #100
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,696
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Yea Obama couldn't change a roll of toilet paper with out a toilet paper Czar!
    you could have just said "bump"









Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us