Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else lost some respect for Jimmy Graham yesterday?

Who else lost some respect for Jimmy Graham yesterday?

J. Graham is a great player and certainly one the Jets should at look going after considering the glaring need for a TE, but yesterday's game highlighted both his complete and utter sellfishness and lack of any intelligence.

He scores two TD's in the first half and dunks the ball over the goal post while celebrating. Great Move! You are still recovering from a very serious foot injury so I am not sure jumping 4 feet in the air for a meaningless celebration really helps your team. After the second dunk he did close to nothing in the game and was even pointed out by the announcers as limping on numerous plays. When the Jets defense took him out of the game, based on a combination of halftime adjustments AND hurting himself on the dunking, the Saints did absolutely nothing on offense. Way to put yourself before your team!

My mindset is that he is not on the Jets so I truly do not care what he does to his body.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

No, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

He'd be one of the best, if not the best TEs we've ever had.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 11-04-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Not our problem, who cares?

Jets Insider VIP
    Enough with the dunk over the crossbar already, now it seems like every TE is doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    You never know. He is a free agent next year but most likely if the Saints cant resign him long term he will get franchised which is not a lof of money at all since its for a tight end.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My mindset is that he is not on the Jets so I truly do not care what he does to his body.
    THIS.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    You never know. He is a free agent next year but most likely if the Saints cant resign him long term he will get franchised which is not a lof of money at all since its for a tight end.
    He's not touching FA. Saints will have none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    THIS.
    I don't think he was looking for opposing fans respect either.

he wont get franchised as a tight end. his agent will fight for him to get wide receiver money since he barely linesup at tight end

C'mon, dunking the ball wasn't exactly Gus Frerotte headbutting the ****ing stadium and injuring his neck levels of stupid.

You're making something out of nothing.

This only has merit if it can be proven that he really injured himself on the 2nd dunk. More likely, he was limping because he went much harder in the Jets game than he did the previous week against BUF and the snaps were adding up on him.

It's a bit petty to lose respect for him over something so trivial, certainly wouldn't put me off him coming here in free agency.

Jets Insider VIP
    It was more of an upwards pass; in any case, today feels great and will feel great for 2 weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Seeing that we'll be locking up some key players once again for huge money, it doesn't seem too wise to spend big money on a TE

I like what we have with Cumby and Sudfeld now

All League
    Why on earth would I lose respect for him? For celebrating a touchdown? Give me a break; the crossbar dunk isn't even obnoxious.

And I'm willing to bet if he can take the pounding of an NFL game, a one foot high, uncontested jump will not injure him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why are people still mentioning Graham as a possible FA target?

There's no way in hell New Orleans lets Brees' most dynamic receiver walk out the door. Especially with the franchise tag for TE's being so low.

If I'm making a run at a top tier FA, then I'm chasing someone that is somewhat realistic like Brian Orakpo or Jairus Byrd. Then go offense heavy in the draft.

Didn't they say it was a Plantar Fascia issue? I've had similar issues, and Lynch was dead nuts on when saying a rest between activities is bad for it. After sitting for a mere 10 minutes and getting up, the pain could be excruciating. I'm far more likely to believe half time was at fault more than a jump.

All Pro
    Yeah, he's a regular Richie Incognito