Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh McCown our 2014 QB?

LOL Wait….What?!

How old are you?

Josh McCown is washed. He's on the level of Brady Quinn at this point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFaan View Post
    Guy looks pretty legit. Would at least be good competition for Geno. FYI Im one of those fans willing to give Geno a pass this year, but dont think the job should be handed to him in 2014.
    What the hell is wrong with you?

Just saw him crying in his interview. He will end up being like Matt Flynn!!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Is that a Steelers shirt at an Eagles/Giants game?? LOL.

Undrafted Free Agent
    A better idea would be to get a Brandon Marshall typr WR fpr Geno to throw to......just a thought

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Well, Matt Flynn had that big game and he's free.....what about him?

Still, good job by Chicago getting at least a competent backup. They were in the playoffs (championship fame?) and when Cutler went down they brought in Caleb Hanie. WTF?

Jets Insider VIP
    Guy looks pretty legit. Would at least be good competition for Geno. FYI Im one of those fans willing to give Geno a pass this year, but dont think the job should be handed to him in 2014.
    Matt Flynn should make everyone realize that you can't judge a QB off of one game

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Is that a Steelers shirt at an Eagles/Giants game?? LOL.
    LOL.

Good call.

That's a Steelers stealie at an Eagles-Giants game.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

Hall Of Fame
    Let's just start by saying that obviously the OP's suggestion is absurd. However there is a grain of truth in here.

What we want to avoid another Mark Sanchez fiasco. His problems (and the Jets problems) were made far worse in my opinion by the notion that #6 was "anointed" and that nobody needed to be brought in to push him. Geno has had a nice start all things considered but he is NOT lock to be the Jets QB of the future. So yes, the Jets do need to bring in someone credible and viable to push Geno even and especially if he wins the starting job this year. Draft someone or bring in an upgrade to Garrard but someone else does need to be here next year.

I am hopeful that Geno is everything that Mark was not but I do want us to cover our nuts just in case he is not.

ralph-Kramden-ed-norton.jpg

All Pro
    Perhaps there needs to be a screening process implemented by Sooth for registration to this board...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Let's just start by saying that obviously the OP's suggestion is absurd. However there is a grain of truth in here.

What we want to avoid another Mark Sanchez fiasco. His problems (and the Jets problems) were made far worse in my opinion by the notion that #6 was "anointed" and that nobody needed to be brought in to push him. Geno has had a nice start all things considered but he is NOT lock to be the Jets QB of the future. So yes, the Jets do need to bring in someone credible and viable to push Geno even and especially if he wins the starting job this year. Draft someone or bring in an upgrade to Garrard but someone else does need to be here next year.

I am hopeful that Geno is everything that Mark was not but I do want us to cover our nuts just in case he is not.
    I think Geno, Simms and Garrard is a great set of QB's

Let Simms continue to develop and become this team's backup....

Please stop comparing Sanchez's situation to Geno's. Geno has a QB who can actually play behind him on the depth chart. Mark had a babysitter behind him on the depth chart. There is no comparison between the 2....Geno is NOT being coddled and will not be coddled like Mark was......

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And you admit this as if he shouldn't get a pass?

Geno is the starting QB, he's miles better than McCown. Are fans really this clueless?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Perhaps there needs to be a screening process implemented by Sooth for registration to this board...
    An IQ or Wonderlick test?

Sounds good to me

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post

There are no guarantees and no one is saying that they know Geno will continue to improve over the next few years. But there is on guarantee. He gets a chance, no one is being brought in in year two to compete with him. He has to be given the opportunity to grow and to see what he will become. So far so good

[insert obligatory flame post here]

I certainly don't think Gino is the long term solution to the QB position but.....)..... No I'll pAss on this one.

Geno has been statistically below average, and the Jets did not invest two first round picks in him like they did Sanchez. He has done enough to earn the right to compete for the job next year with Simms, and a guy like Schaub/McCown.