View Poll Results: Do you prefer ice cubes or crushed ice?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crushed

    6 40.00%
  • Cubes

    9 60.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: ICE: crushed or cubes?

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    ICE: crushed or cubes?

    When you R enjoying an cold Fresca®....do you prefer ice cubes or crushed ice?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is this? The Dark Ages? I only use these

    img44c.jpg

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    What is this? The Dark Ages? I only use these

    img44c.jpg
    That ain't Fresca®.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    cubes.

    crushed is for dorks who like to eat their ice like GBIII snacking on lead chips.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cubes. Liquor melts crushed ice way to fast.
    I love the ice balls (I said balls) for mixed drinks.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    That ain't Fresca®.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    What is this? The Dark Ages? I only use these

    img44c.jpg
    I'm not exactly sure what that contraption is but wife recently bought me an ice tray that makes large ice cubes - so simple, but perfect for your basic whiskey. Everyone is very impressed when they get that in their glass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    cubes.

    crushed is for dorks who like to eat their ice like GBIII snacking on lead chips.
    I can't stand crushed ice recently. I think I'm reaching cane shaking age.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

    I can't stand crushed ice recently. I think I'm reaching cane shaking age.
    The concept doesnt bother me, but the act of listening to teh ices getting crushed up inside the Fridge always convinces me something horribly wrong is going to happen because of the mechanical force needed to perform the crushing. Like a piston of some sort is going to bust through the door just as my wife walks in glaring at me.

    Cubed sounds much less violent when you hit the buddon, and at my age that is comforting.

    -

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cubes, always Cubes.

    Scotch, Drambuie, Two Ice Cubes. Irn-Bru with Cubes chaser.

    Win lad, win.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The concept doesnt bother me, but the act of listening to teh ices getting crushed up inside the Fridge always convinces me something horribly wrong is going to happen because of the mechanical force needed to perform the crushing. Like a piston of some sort is going to bust through the door just as my wife walks in glaring at me.

    Cubed sounds much less violent when you hit the buddon, and at my age that is comforting.

    -
    Jesus tap dancing Christ. Is this what old age brings?

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    What is this? The Dark Ages? I only use these

    img44c.jpg
    These are the bomb. You can also get the rock cubes that just chill your drink with no water, but I like my bourbon cut just a bit.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The concept doesnt bother me, but the act of listening to teh ices getting crushed up inside the Fridge always convinces me something horribly wrong is going to happen because of the mechanical force needed to perform the crushing. Like a piston of some sort is going to bust through the door just as my wife walks in glaring at me.

    Cubed sounds much less violent when you hit the buddon, and at my age that is comforting.

    -


  12. #12
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Jesus tap dancing Christ. Is this what old age brings?
    Thats the good stuff. Wait til you turn and see a Fred Mertz pantses looking mofo behind you and then you realize its a mirror.





    -

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    cubes.

    crushed is for dorks who like to eat their ice like GBIII snacking on lead chips.
    i'm a dork...all the lead i'm sure...
    Last edited by 2foolish197; 11-05-2013 at 10:14 AM.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only time I like crushed is in my mojito.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dry.


    Rocked.


    Cubed.























    Crushed.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Thats the good stuff. Wait til you turn and see a Fred Mertz pantses looking mofo behind you and then you realize its a mirror.





    -
    The horror

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Only time I like crushed is in my mojito.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crushed ice is good for making a glass of water cold quickly.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like cubes also but when I want something cold right away like ice water in the summer, I'll take the crushed stuff.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    3,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer the round with hole in middle, very rare and hard to find.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us