Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schedule lining up nicely for Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Schedule lining up nicely for Jets

Jets next 2 opponents are on the road, but let's face it, coming off the bye after facing Brady, Dalton, Brees, what we do know heading into the Bills game is that the QB play will be at a much lower level.
    You beat inexperienced QBs with tough defenses, as we have learned with Geno.
    The schedule for the teams we are playing are really tough, before we play them.
    The Bills get to go to play a Steelers team coming off their worst beating in the history of that proud organization!
    The Steelers aren't that good but Tomlin & Lebeau will have that team ready & they will be hitting.
    The question will be what will be the attrition rate for the Bills team that have been fighting injuries all season.
    Plus, we won't have 20 penalties this time.

The Ravens have a tougher road before we play them. They play the Bengals this week & will get a huge dose of Gio & Green Ellis. Then, they hit the road playing another physical team the Bears.
    We're familiar with back to back tough games.
    If the Ravens lose to the Bengals, they will have to expend themselves to have a chance at beating the Bears on the road.
    We have a chance of playing 2 teams coming off games really tough games. Jets bring the heat & wear them down.
    Geno just needs to keep protecting the ball.
    I'm hoping Santonio is back for the Bills, they don't have an answer for Holmes.
    Jets get to 7-4 with 2 home games Metlife will be electric.
    Could happen.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh this was so lined up, Sanchez would have been coming into his own sometimes I think, but then I realize we had a lot more problems than Sanchez.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    From your fingertips to Gods ears

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets are supposed to be good, saying we beat Brady and Brees, then when we go to Buffalo, I want to win a game 38-10 or something like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If the Jets are supposed to be good, saying we beat Brady and Brees, then when we go to Buffalo, I want to win a game 38-10 or something like that.
    Be careful... Remember game 1 last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Bills may be 3-6, but they've been in every game this season but one (against the Saints), and this is despite them starting a rookie Free agent and an undrafted free agent who has thrown 30 passes in 3 seasons. Manuel should be back in 2 games, there's no reason to expect the Jets to blow them out.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Be careful... Remember game 1 last year.
    Yes - I was there- the Jets CRUSHED the Bills that day 48-28...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wish we got to play Miami before they've had time to replace Incognito.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's be careful trying to predict anything related to schedules in the NFL right now. This league is schizophrenic, particularly this season. Divisional games are always tough and with Buffalo, Miami and @Miami still left, I'd sign up for 2-1 right now. We could easily go 1-2 in those games given how the Jets have played on the road this year. And while games against teams like Cleveland, Baltimore and Carolina may look extremely winnable let's not forget that Cleveland isn't the doormat they started out the season looking to be and Carolina is 4-1 in their last 5 games.

As good as the Jets looked against the Patriots and Saints in recent weeks, we could also see the same Jets team that looked like a JV high school team against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. The Jets are now 0-2 against the AFC North and still have 2 games left against that division.

Bottom line - I don't think our schedule in the next 7 games should be interpreted as any easier than the first 9 games, even if the records of our opponents say it should. I could see the Jets go 5-2....I could also see them go 3-4. Infinitely more important than who is the Jets opponent will be what Jets team shows up for the game! We've seen the Jets hand the Pats and Saints 2 of the 4 total losses those teams have, so we KNOW the Jets can beat very good teams. But we also know this team can lay an egg against inferior opponents...and that they do it often!

I don't worry about the schedule, I worry about the Jets!
    Last edited by jetstream23; 11-06-2013 at 01:37 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Let's be careful trying to predict anything related to schedules in the NFL right now. This league is schizophrenic, particularly this season. Divisional games are always tough and with Buffalo, Miami and @Miami still left, I'd sign up for 2-1 right now. We could easily go 1-2 in those games given how the Jets have played on the road this year. And while games against teams like Cleveland, Baltimore and Carolina make look extremely winnable let's not forget that Cleveland isn't the doormat they started out the season looking to be and Carolina is 4-1 in their last 5 games.

As good as the Jets looked against the Patriots and Saints in recent weeks, we could also see the same Jets team that looked like a JV high school team against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. The Jets are now 0-2 against the AFC North and still have 2 games left against that division.

Bottom line - I don't think our schedule in the next 7 games should be interpreted as any easier than the first 9 games, even if the records of our opponents say it should. I could see the Jets go 5-2....I could also see them go 3-4. Infinitely more important than who is the Jets opponent will be what Jets team shows up for the game! We've seen the Jets hand the Pats and Saints 2 of the 4 total losses those teams have, so we KNOW the Jets can beat very good teams. But we also know this team can lay an egg against inferior opponents...and that they do it often!

What a stellar, analytic post. We could use more of this!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    One week at a time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    One week at a time.
    This cliche as hell post actually got me to thinking...

How funny would it be if this was the Jets team that finally made it all the way?

The only team that I think we legitimately have no chance against is Denver. And they could very well get knocked off, especially if they don't earn a 1st round bye. Everyone's money for the Super Bowl matchup is on Seattle vs Denver right now, but it rarely winds up the consensus 2 expert-picked teams. I don't think any offense would hope for a matchup against Rex's defense in January. Just hoping the O can start to get some consistency which I think Holmes will bring if he stays on the field. THere are a lot of contenders in the league right now who can hang around with any other team, but the Jets' pass rush gives them the unique ability to completely destroy the opposition's gameplan. We have all seen what this does in the playoffs, when the season is on the line and the panic sets in.

Not a prediction by any means, but it doesn't seem that impossible considering the amount of "out of nowhere" teams that have made it to the big dance in recent years. Currently we are in that pack of middle of the road teams where one comes out of. And it would only be fitting that the Jets were preseason ranked 32nd in the year it happened. The franchise has always had it's best results when expectations were down.

It's a total pipedream, and the correct analysis is that this team is too inconsistent, too young, and too lacking in big-name talent to make a run. But all I know is that the easy prediction is usually wrong, and one team is going to come out of nowhere again... so why not ours?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street View Post

How funny would it be if this was the Jets team that finally made it all the way?

The only team that I think we legitimately have no chance against is Denver. And they could very well get knocked off, especially if they don't earn a 1st round bye. Everyone's money for the Super Bowl matchup is on Seattle vs Denver right now, but it rarely winds up the consensus 2 expert-picked teams. I don't think any offense would hope for a matchup against Rex's defense in January. Just hoping the O can start to get some consistency which I think Holmes will bring if he stays on the field. THere are a lot of contenders in the league right now who can hang around with any other team, but the Jets' pass rush gives them the unique ability to completely destroy the opposition's gameplan. We have all seen what this does in the playoffs, when the season is on the line and the panic sets in.

Not a prediction by any means, but it doesn't seem that impossible considering the amount of "out of nowhere" teams that have made it to the big dance in recent years. Currently we are in that pack of middle of the road teams where one comes out of. And it would only be fitting that the Jets were preseason ranked 32nd in the year it happened. The franchise has always had it's best results when expectations were down.

It's a total pipedream, and the correct analysis is that this team is too inconsistent, too young, and too lacking in big-name talent to make a run. But all I know is that the easy prediction is usually wrong, and one team is going to come out of nowhere again... so why not ours?
    You know it's so crazy it makes sense!
    No one knows what will transpire over the next 8 weeks. Injuries change the course of everthing in this league so let's hope we have seen the end of those & we actually get guys back.
    Marty has me thinking anything is possible & when you get to the "tournament" as Parcells liked to call it defenses can take over in bad weather. Turnovers occur even more.
    I think our defense is mentally & physically taxing on our players, Rex gives theses guys a lot to think about.
    But when you simplify it to one game like a Wildcard playoff, you know these young guys are gonna bring the enthusiasm
    You need for 60 minutes.
    Like I have said before, we are so close to the Jets that it's difficult to step back & view them from afar, like fans of other teams that have no emotional ties to them.
    The only thing they see is Brady getting dumped on his azz & Brees running for his life on Sportscenter.
    My point is that if the Jets can get into the postseason, there will be knowledgable fans from other teams, thinking, I'm not feeling to good about playing that Jet defense.
    It could be a bad draw, because I feel when our D is honed in & everyone on that field is going 100mph, they can & have caused havoc in the pocket.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street View Post

Lol ... I'm not quite ready to get on board that train yet ... Hope you are correct though.

With what happened 2 games ago you prob need to put Cincy up there as a tough AFC matchup for us as well

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    remaining schedule in color..........

1391688_10151979228154941_1807216456_n[1].jpg

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Let's be careful trying to predict anything related to schedules in the NFL right now. This league is schizophrenic, particularly this season. Divisional games are always tough and with Buffalo, Miami and @Miami still left, I'd sign up for 2-1 right now. We could easily go 1-2 in those games given how the Jets have played on the road this year. And while games against teams like Cleveland, Baltimore and Carolina may look extremely winnable let's not forget that Cleveland isn't the doormat they started out the season looking to be and Carolina is 4-1 in their last 5 games.

Excellent post, the Jets are a team who could probably beat any team and lose to any team, those penciling in wins based on records or teams past performances are setting themselves up for heartache.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Lol ... I'm not quite ready to get on board that train yet ... Hope you are correct though.

With what happened 2 games ago you prob need to put Cincy up there as a tough AFC matchup for us as well
    Haha true...although the 45-3 loss to New England comes to mind there. Cincy just lost to Miami. You just never know.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm honestly excited that the season has now been extended into December. Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year brings.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I'm honestly excited that the season has now been extended into December. Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year brings.
    Exactly...I had someone who wanted tickets for their husband in December, sold her my Browns tickets...now, I may be happily regretting that decision. It's nice to be in the hunt during this month.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    remaining schedule in color..........

1391688_10151979228154941_1807216456_n[1].jpg
    Nice. 5 in the last 25 years historically crap teams and one good one, so we could lose all 6.