Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk 2014 NFL Draft-Jets Targets

Lets talk 2014 NFL Draft-Jets Targets

Next year is a pretty important draft for John Idzik.

Position of Needs:

#1-WR
    #2-TE
    #3-DE/OLB
    #4-DB
    #5-QB
    #6-OL Depth

Potential First Rounders

#1-Eric Ebron-TE North Carolina
    #2-Sammy Watkins-WR Clemson
    #3-Marquise Lee-WR USC
    #4-Austin Serafin-Jenkins-TE Washington
    #5-Kyle Van Noy-DE/OLB BYU
    #6-Vic Beasly-DE/OLB Clemson

Top QB's
    #1-Marcus Mariotta-Oregon
    #2-Ted Bridgewater-Louisville
    #3-Brett Hundley-UCLA
    #4-Johnny Manziel-TA&M
    #5-Derek Carr-Fresno St
    #6-AJ McCarron-Alabama

Very interesting draft class. There could be six QB's taken so there is a decent chance a top skill position or pass rushing prospect could fall to us.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFaan View Post

Position of Needs:

#1-WR
    #2-TE
    #3-DE/OLB
    #4-DB
    #5-QB
    #6-OL Depth

Potential First Rounders

#3-Marquise Lee-WR USC

Top QB's
    #3-Brett Hundley-UCLA
    #4-Johnny Manziel-TA&M
    #5-Derek Carr-Fresno St
    #6-AJ McCarron-Alabama

Very interesting draft class. There could be six QB's taken so there is a decent chance a top skill position or pass rushing prospect could fall to us.
    I am not implying that you are on drugs, BUT I want to be the first person here at JI to GUARANTEE you that we are NOT using our first pick in next years draft on a QB.
    I also want to add that your comment about a "pass-rushing prospect...(a D-lineman)" is going to be a tough one for you as well in Round 1. Have you looked at our CURRENT ROSTER LATELY?...Some might say we are already pretty well-stocked on the D-Line right now. That seems to be the consensus across the ENTIRE NFL MEDIA nationwide right now.Hard to justify using a #1 pick in that area...right?
    Its odd that you pointed out those 2 positions...they are probably the LAST 2 positions on our roster where a draftnik would suggest we use our #1 pick...

Are you really a "jetfaan" ? Tell the truth...
    Last edited by Baddniss; 11-06-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

Position of Needs:

#1-WR
    #2-TE
    #3-DE/OLB
    #4-DB
    #5-QB
    #6-OL Depth

Potential First Rounders

#3-Marquise Lee-WR USC

Top QB's
    #3-Brett Hundley-UCLA
    #4-Johnny Manziel-TA&M
    #5-Derek Carr-Fresno St
    #6-AJ McCarron-Alabama

Carr and Mccaron and Manziel are well after Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    I am not implying that you are on drugs, BUT I want to be the first person here at JI to GUARANTEE you that we are NOT using our first pick in next years draft on a QB.
    I also want to add that your comment about a "pass-rushing prospect...(a D-lineman)" is going to be a tough one for you as well in Round 1. Have you looked at our CURRENT ROSTER LATELY?...Some might say we are already pretty well-stocked on the D-Line right now. That seems to be the consensus across the ENTIRE NFL MEDIA nationwide right now.Hard to justify using a #1 pick in that area...right?
    Its odd that you pointed out those 2 positions...they are probably the LAST 2 positions on our roster where a draftnik would suggest we use our #1 pick...

Thank you. Really not interested in any of the qb's in the first or second for that matter.

I would rather the Jets pick a quality TE/WR or a stud like Barr if he was available at the Jets spot.

Things just keep falling right for the Jets lately.
    Every QB taken in the draft drops another skill player closer to the Jets. I think people are right, this is gonna be a heavy QB draft.
    Also, other than OLB, tackles & Dlineman are always next with a couple top CBs mixed in which drops even more WRs, TEs & RBs down to the Jets.
    Say we pick in the 15- 20 range, of course that could change if we go on a tear after the bye but for S&Gs after you add up the QBs, tackles, OLBs, Dlineman & a 2 CBs, Jets will be looking at probably top 5 talent at WR, TE, RB staring them in the face.
    I would love for them to finish the D in free agency & late round picks and go hog wild at the Skill positions to surround Geno with young talent to grow up with while Brady ages.
    I want our Jets to be ready to dethrone Brady & the Pats.

Banned

Can you ****ing read?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mike evans!

All League
    would love ebron at the end of the 1st round.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Can you ****ing read?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan66 View Post
    mike evans!
    THIS +(insert number)

Uh. Jump the gun much?

Hall Of Fame
    OL and WRs/TEs.

Give Geno weapons and protect him. Despite our secondary sucking our defense is more than adequate to compete with if we have a good offense.

Sammy Watkins looks very good, wouldn't mind him. Seems like a Julio Jones type.

Agreed on the QB, that would be ridiculous unless a Bridgewater would fall to us by some miracle, then you would have to take him. Similarly, if a stud DL / pass rushing LB is BPA, well, you have to take him. No harm in loading your roster with great football players instead of reaching for need.

IMO I don't know if the Jets will be in line for any of the top recievers given their record. However they do have some draft picks to play with if they want to trade up.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The OP is the same guy, troll, who started a thread asking if we could get McCown to be our QB next year. And then said he would draft Marcus Mariotta, Ted Bridgewater, or Johnny Manziel if we could

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    IMO I don't know if the Jets will be in line for any of the top recievers given their record. However they do have some draft picks to play with if they want to trade up.
    Should be good receivers available in the second half of the first round, particularly if there is a run on QBs early, like in some years.

All League
    This is a very deep WR class. Even if we're picking in the 20's and Evans/Lee/Watkins all get selected, I'd be thrilled to land Jordan Matthews, a Jordy Nelson comp.

1. JI has a Draft Forum dedicated to this type of thread.

2. It's way too early for a 2014 Draft Thread, especially on the Strip (as opposed to the dedicated forum mentioned above).

3. Barring a serious diminishment in Geno Smith, the Jets will not be drafting a QB....any QB....in 2014. Smith/Simms/Veteran Journeyman is what we'll have.

4. WR, CB, WR, CB, Safety & TE, in that order, are our needs. Added LB depth wouldn't hurt. But the Jets must come away with at least two Offensive skill-position playmakers, and at least one starting-calibur CB and Safety for the draft to be a success, as things stand today.

It's going to be tough to find a great prospect with the 32nd pick in the first round.