Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lets talk 2014 NFL Draft-Jets Targets

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Was just reading up on the receivers.....can one of you draft guys please rank the top 3 of Evans/Lee/Watkins? Seems like Evans just flew up the boards
    Personally i feel watkins, lee, then evans. You need to be abel to get separation in the NFl and while evans is more talented then jonathon baldwin, they are similar WRs build wise. Evans doesnt appear to have that extra gear and will be more of a possession WR, which for me, puts him further down the list.

at this point, with the jets heading towards a top 10 pick, qb is definitely in play. if they don't go qb, they pretty much have to go wr at that point, and they'll still be able to get a guy like mccarron at some point. but if idzik chooses not to take a qb in the first when there are guys rated 1st rounders, and then takes a gb later on or doesn't take a qb, and then geno sucks, idzik will be on thin ice.

Don't be shocked if one of the two big tackles, Mathews or Lewan falls, then that's the guy. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Don't be shocked if one of the two big tackles, Mathews or Lewan falls, then that's the guy. Just sayin.
    Would you move howard to guard if that was the move?

Believe me I see your logic, as that would be both BPA and its a position that is always of need, but Brick's contract ensures he's on the team at least in 2014, and I honestly think most of his "struggles" this year are because he is compensating for winters. I just think howard is serviceable and should be able to be locked up after this season at $3 or so million a year which is a good value. More importantly though I'm a bit wary of moving these guys from LT to RT - its a big change in their muscle memory and then we have to move them back to LT in 2 years, seems like it could make the transition to the NFL even more difficult and hurt their value.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Would you move howard to guard if that was the move?

Believe me I see your logic, as that would be both BPA and its a position that is always of need, but Brick's contract ensures he's on the team at least in 2014, and I honestly think most of his "struggles" this year are because he is compensating for winters. I just think howard is serviceable and should be able to be locked up after this season at $3 or so million a year which is a good value. More importantly though I'm a bit wary of moving these guys from LT to RT - its a big change in their muscle memory and then we have to move them back to LT in 2 years, seems like it could make the transition to the NFL even more difficult and hurt their value.
    Who ever it may be, it's very clear that the NY Jets need to begin addressing the Offensive line in the next 3 drafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

[QUOTE=fltflo;5075741]Who ever it may be, it's very clear that the NY Jets need to begin addressing the Offensive line in the next 3 drafts.

Jets have 4 guys Stashed in William Campbell, Oday Aboushi , Dalton Freeman and Ben Ijalana ... We might get a Starter out of this Group...

- Sign Mike Vick to compete with Geno next season.

- Sign Jarrius Byrd and Jeremy Maclin as our FA signings

- Extend Kerley and Wilkerson

- Find a way to draft Marquise Lee, Lache Seatrunk, and Eric Ebron.

- Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    - Sign Mike Vick to compete with Geno next season.

- Sign Jarrius Byrd and Jeremy Maclin as our FA signings

- Extend Kerley and Wilkerson

- Find a way to draft Marquise Lee, Lache Seatrunk, and Eric Ebron.

- Superbowl.
    I saw in your other post that you had us with mike vick and not to be argumentative but I honestly can't think of a worse player for this team.

I don't want a game manager in the sense of trent differ, but I certainly want someone that understands protections, audibles, protects the football etc - and mike vick is the exact opposite. Plus he has one ass-cheek on the couch at this point in his career, and is not a good locker room guy.

Is Byrd a good cover guy or more of a box safety? I have no problems spending on that position in FA.