Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 98

Thread: Geno is our guy.. Act like it!

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yeah right, and Parcells, and Bellichick were never blown out in a game. I saw Peyton, and Brady throw horrible ints just last week. Brees should have been picked by us 4 times. Ignorant is the word that comes to mind.
    LOL

    Look up Luck's stats last year....

    That poster is clearly brain dead like the rest of the trolls in this thread.

  2. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Excuse me. It was Dilfer:

    2. Quarterbacking 101: Dilfer said Smith is operating an offensive system more complex than what the Jets used in Mark Sanchez's rookie year in 2009. In '09, they scaled it back to help Sanchez. It was heavy play-action and they moved the pocket, halving the field and cutting down his reads. With Smith, "It's pure dropback, with complex read progressions," Dilfer said. "Marty is throwing a lot of good stuff at him. It's baptism by fire. Talking to great coaches and great quarterbacks, and knowing my own experience, that's the best way to get the best out of a young quarterback. It speeds them up to the graduate level."

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/index/_/count/21
    I know dude I got eyes I don't need dilfer to point out the obviously lol.. Sunday's handling of geno was exactly how jets use to always handle Sanchez.. Run, run, few passes to keep defense honest.. End of the game with a lead? Runnnn and let D win game.. Before Sunday Marty had been throwing geno to the wolves, in a way Sanchez was never asked to not even in 4th yr.. My point was this is obvious, but to the few left who are all " team Sanchez" they get highly offended when you say geno does so much more than mark, and that mark couldn't even handle running a simple O..

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i am sure they medicate this now a days...
    Not with Obama care..

  4. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Um, Geno has been thrown into the fire without the coaches dumbing down or simplifying the playbook. They dumbed down and simplified everything for Sanchez. This was confirmed by Jaws a few days ago.
    I like how Geno has played for a rookie coming out of a non-standard pro offense at WVU, but if you think for one second that MM hasn't' adjusted his playbook and calls for Geno your mistaken.

    I'm not a Geno basher and feel he's progressed a little better than expected to this point, but some of you guys are just over the top with where you perceive he's at .

  5. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I know dude I got eyes I don't need dilfer to point out the obviously lol.. Sunday's handling of geno was exactly how jets use to always handle Sanchez.. Run, run, few passes to keep defense honest.. End of the game with a lead? Runnnn and let D win game.. Before Sunday Marty had been throwing geno to the wolves, in a way Sanchez was never asked to not even in 4th yr.. My point was this is obvious, but to the few left who are all " team Sanchez" they get highly offended when you say geno does so much more than mark, and that mark couldn't even handle running a simple O..
    Why do you feel it's always necessary to compare what Geno does to what Sanchez did in the past. It's you clowns not the Sanchez "fanboys" that keep prompting these threads by saying Geno did this and that better than Sanchez. Let's evaluate Geno for what he is and stop trying to prove he's better than someone who's not even playing now.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Not with Obama care..
    You mean the "care" that means "I don't give a rat's ass"? That type of care?

    I agree.

  7. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jackson Heights
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets just hope he's able to trash the he sucks in bad weather rap, cause the storms a'coming.

  8. #48
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I know dude I got eyes I don't need dilfer to point out the obviously lol.. Sunday's handling of geno was exactly how jets use to always handle Sanchez.. Run, run, few passes to keep defense honest.. End of the game with a lead? Runnnn and let D win game.. Before Sunday Marty had been throwing geno to the wolves, in a way Sanchez was never asked to not even in 4th yr.. My point was this is obvious, but to the few left who are all " team Sanchez" they get highly offended when you say geno does so much more than mark, and that mark couldn't even handle running a simple O..
    You don't think our running so much had anything to do with the fact that Ivory was gashing them for 7.7 yards per clip? Maybe you should reevaluate.

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You don't think our running so much had anything to do with the fact that Ivory was gashing them for 7.7 yards per clip? Maybe you should reevaluate.
    Lol ofcourse it does.. I'm saying it just reminded me when T jones was gashing everyone weekly behind a dominant O line.. But at the end of the game rob Ryan was daring them to pass playing all his guys up.. Why last two series ivory couldn't get anything.. That is how jets played with Sanchez at end of game with lead... I don't fault Marty either for playing ultra conservative with Rob Ryan.. Basically rob was guarding the run and the flats, with all those guys up if geno did drop back he would not have much time to throw, obviously without much time to throw you go short in the flats which is pick 6 territory..and u know that's exactly what rob was positioning his guys that way for.. if geno waited for WRs to go deep saints could force fumble because the rush would be on him.. I think Marty knew this is area geno needs to work on, taking the pressure/blitz.. And rob Ryan isn't a guy he wanted geno to be tested against..

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I don't know how anyone can be excited about what Geno has done thus far. He's way to inconsistent and the times he plays well he doesn't look like a world beater. He has the arm, but accuracy and timing on the deep throws is consistently off. I'm hoping he turns it around but haven't seen anything that shows he has potential to be a big time QB.
    Hmmm. From what I understand, the stats reveal that he is one of the best deep throwers in the league this year as a rookie with no viable deep threats on the team. But don't let the facts get in the way of your incessant Geno bashing.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have people learned nothing at all about anointing a QB after a very short period of time? Geno Smith has looked very good at times this year but has made some very bad turnovers, much like his predecessor. Do not fall in love with a QB so damn quickly. I want the Jets to go after more QB depth in the future and never give their QB a totally free rid of coddling like they did to Sanchez.

  12. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Hmmm. From what I understand, the stats reveal that he is one of the best deep throwers in the league this year as a rookie with no viable deep threats on the team. But don't let the facts get in the way of your incessant Geno bashing.
    Just curious what stats are you referring to . From what I've been able to find the best I can come up with is he has 29 completions of 20+ yards this is out of a total of 272 passing attempts.

    What that doesn't show is how many of those are short passes with yac that result in 20+ yard completions.

    To be honest the only game where I remember his long passing being very effective is vs the Bills, I'd be more inclined to say that his intermediate passing has been better.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I know dude I got eyes I don't need dilfer to point out the obviously lol.. Sunday's handling of geno was exactly how jets use to always handle Sanchez.. Run, run, few passes to keep defense honest.. End of the game with a lead? Runnnn and let D win game.. Before Sunday Marty had been throwing geno to the wolves, in a way Sanchez was never asked to not even in 4th yr.. My point was this is obvious, but to the few left who are all " team Sanchez" they get highly offended when you say geno does so much more than mark, and that mark couldn't even handle running a simple O..
    screw them! If they can not be objective: screw them! If they have an agenda against Geno: screw them!

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Have people learned nothing at all about anointing a QB after a very short period of time? Geno Smith has looked very good at times this year but has made some very bad turnovers, much like his predecessor. Do not fall in love with a QB so damn quickly. I want the Jets to go after more QB depth in the future and never give their QB a totally free rid of coddling like they did to Sanchez.
    and you haven't seen that they do not coddle Geno? Have you not seen Geno benched during a game? I subscribe to the Bill Walsh school of QBing. He took a QB nearly every year and developed the guy. He had Montana and yet Young was signed. That is the correct way to do things. But Geno has never been anointed to anything as Suckchez was. To this day REX has not said he will be his long term starter as he did with Sucky. Geno is working for everything and has been thrown to the wolves. He does not have benefit of many weapons and has thrown to 10 different receivers this year. Do you not think that could wreck havoc with a rookie QB? The OL is inconsistent as he is! The run game is hot and cold. Yet all we seem to see is what GENO does wrong. Have you seen anything he does right?

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    I like how Geno has played for a rookie coming out of a non-standard pro offense at WVU, but if you think for one second that MM hasn't' adjusted his playbook and calls for Geno your mistaken.

    I'm not a Geno basher and feel he's progressed a little better than expected to this point, but some of you guys are just over the top with where you perceive he's at .
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Excuse me. It was Dilfer:

    2. Quarterbacking 101: Dilfer said Smith is operating an offensive system more complex than what the Jets used in Mark Sanchez's rookie year in 2009. In '09, they scaled it back to help Sanchez. It was heavy play-action and they moved the pocket, halving the field and cutting down his reads. With Smith, "It's pure dropback, with complex read progressions," Dilfer said. "Marty is throwing a lot of good stuff at him. It's baptism by fire. Talking to great coaches and great quarterbacks, and knowing my own experience, that's the best way to get the best out of a young quarterback. It speeds them up to the graduate level."

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/index/_/count/21

    Maybe you should write to DILFER and tell him he does not know what he is talking about and you could give him scouting lessons for a price. Just saying...!

  16. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Excuse me. It was Dilfer:

    2. Quarterbacking 101: Dilfer said Smith is operating an offensive system more complex than what the Jets used in Mark Sanchez's rookie year in 2009. In '09, they scaled it back to help Sanchez. It was heavy play-action and they moved the pocket, halving the field and cutting down his reads. With Smith, "It's pure dropback, with complex read progressions," Dilfer said. "Marty is throwing a lot of good stuff at him. It's baptism by fire. Talking to great coaches and great quarterbacks, and knowing my own experience, that's the best way to get the best out of a young quarterback. It speeds them up to the graduate level."

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/index/_/count/21

    Maybe you should write to DILFER and tell him he does not know what he is talking about and you could give him scouting lessons for a price. Just saying...!
    \

    Maybe you should learn to comprehend what you read. Dilfer says the system is more complex than the scaled back version they had for Sanchez in 2009 , no big surprise there its MM's offense compared to Shotty's.

    Still no where do I read Dilfer saying , MM is utilizing 100% of his playbook and Geno is mastering it all. He says he's throwing a lot of good stuff at him , but to even think he's mastered the entire playbook is ludicrous and that's not a knock on Geno.

  17. #57
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Have people learned nothing at all about anointing a QB after a very short period of time? Geno Smith has looked very good at times this year but has made some very bad turnovers, much like his predecessor. Do not fall in love with a QB so damn quickly. I want the Jets to go after more QB depth in the future and never give their QB a totally free rid of coddling like they did to Sanchez.
    Could you imagine what the conversation would be like if Sanchez started and had EXACTLY the same season Geno has had so far?

  18. #58
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    \

    Maybe you should learn to comprehend what you read. Dilfer says the system is more complex than the scaled back version they had for Sanchez in 2009 , no big surprise there its MM's offense compared to Shotty's.

    Still no where do I read Dilfer saying , MM is utilizing 100% of his playbook and Geno is mastering it all. He says he's throwing a lot of good stuff at him , but to even think he's mastered the entire playbook is ludicrous and that's not a knock on Geno.
    Ha I didn't see anyone say " geno has mastered MM's playbook" everyone simply agrees geno is being asked to throw a ton more than mark did as a rookie.. And shotty loved to throw mark just couldn't handle throwing a lot.. They managed marks shortcomings very well for atleast two years..

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and you haven't seen that they do not coddle Geno? Have you not seen Geno benched during a game? I subscribe to the Bill Walsh school of QBing. He took a QB nearly every year and developed the guy. He had Montana and yet Young was signed. That is the correct way to do things. But Geno has never been anointed to anything as Suckchez was. To this day REX has not said he will be his long term starter as he did with Sucky. Geno is working for everything and has been thrown to the wolves. He does not have benefit of many weapons and has thrown to 10 different receivers this year. Do you not think that could wreck havoc with a rookie QB? The OL is inconsistent as he is! The run game is hot and cold. Yet all we seem to see is what GENO does wrong. Have you seen anything he does right?
    They haven't coddled him so far but comments by the op of 'GENO IS OUR GUY"! is the same as saying MARK is our guy! Geno Smith should have legit competition each and every year he is here.

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Have people learned nothing at all about anointing a QB after a very short period of time? Geno Smith has looked very good at times this year but has made some very bad turnovers, much like his predecessor. Do not fall in love with a QB so damn quickly. I want the Jets to go after more QB depth in the future and never give their QB a totally free rid of coddling like they did to Sanchez.
    Good post, my feelings exactly

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us