Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How did the jets start the season ranked #32 in the power rankings?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Grown men shouldn't care how others perceive their favorite football team.

Get a grip or troll better.
    Sorry but I don't care for giant or pat trolls in real life talking crap about the jets. Remember the aftermath of 2011 when the jets were a circus and the giants had won the title? That was probably one of the worst times of my life.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
    Sorry but I don't care for giant or pat trolls in real life talking crap about the jets. Remember the aftermath of 2011 when the jets were a circus and the giants had won the title? That was probably one of the worst times of my life.
    The jets could win 10 SB's in a row and people would still talk crap.

Thats part of sports man.

Hall Of Fame
    Perhaps the straps on your executive backpack are too tight. Get some life perspective, chimp.

All Pro
    dress pose.jpg
    Because Mark Sanchez was projected the so called starter, they knew Sanchez couldn't get the job done. Therefore we were doomed. In GENO I TRUST see!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    The jets could win 10 SB's in a row and people would still talk crap.

Thats part of sports man.
    You're right man, I think I've been looking too far into this.

You know, I think I need to gain some perspective. Not just on sports, but on life in general.

I've seen the error of my ways and will try my best to improve myself. I can't make any promises that it will happen overnight, but I will try. Do you and the rest of the board forgive me, Ruby?

Hall Of Fame

You know, I think I need to gain some perspective. Not just on sports, but on life in general.

I've seen the error of my ways and will try my best to improve myself. I can't make any promises that it will happen overnight, but I will try. Do you and the rest of the board forgive me, Ruby?
    I do.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall72 View Post
    We are not the "darlings" of the NFL. We are a team that a lot of people dislike for whatever reason. Add rookie QB and poor offense then the "experts" say we are the worst. But as Jets fans we all knew there was NO WAY we were that bad
    Bc the Jets have beatup on a lot of teams in the last 10 -15 yrs. The jets went like ten yrs with only acouple losing seasons in there I believe. THATS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the Falcons were ranked in the top ten I am sure and look where they are. Stuff happens but 32 did seem a bit high 29 or 30 was more like it IMO

Hall Of Fame
    Why do you think ESPN had them ranked below the likes of Jacksonville, Cleveland, buffalo. Etc.?
    Rookie GM, Rookie QB, young Team. Honestly, I don't blame them. You guys are completely obsessed with this though

Jets Insider VIP
    Because they came to you for advice?

All Pro
    You don't think that public perception of the jets is a big deal?
    Not at all.....how much has it mattered this season, except to fans that take it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    That's why the Jets drafted 4th or worse the last two years. People just don't get it huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Really? 8-8 is not "really bad", it's the definition of average. 6-10 had them picking 9th.... again, not one of the 4 worst. Fan perception is worse than "experts", sometimes.
    They were trending downward. I felt like the Jets were in the bottom rankings of the league after last year.
    Enter MM, Geno Smith, and a revamped Rex defense, and we find the team a game over 500% for the year so far. A great surprise.
    Again, im not here to argue about how bad or mediocre the Jets were previously, i just dont understand the resentment or butt hurt towards the media considering the Jets at the bottom of the league coming into the year.

They HAVE since changed their projections, right? I dont hear the Jets getting crapped on as they were previous to the year, so mission accomplished, right?

Nobody realized how much of an upgrade MM was over TS. Also I sure didnt expect to get what we are getting out of our dline.

Why do you think ESPN had them ranked below the likes of Jacksonville, Cleveland, buffalo. Etc.?
    Disrespect was probably the biggest thing. Remember, that's the same media outlet that employs Stephen A., that ignorant dweeb that is always trying to get ratings.

Veteran

I don't. You're still the same tool who trolls this board looking for attention b/c mommy didn't breast feed you enough when you were a baby, 12 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    To draw web hits
    End thread. This is exactly right. Troll bait for all the Jet haters out in NFL land. **** you ESPN.

Because Espn kissing the arse of your real team the patsies u troll... They hope jets will be bad because they know even with a average team Rex can outsmart BB in playoffs.. Espn wants to see poster boy Brady go all the way, but hasn't happened in almost a decade now..