Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Things I'm Looking Forward To After The Bye ...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,731

    Things I'm Looking Forward To After The Bye ...

    - How much will the game "slow down" for Geno after having a vacation, reviewing
    the first half and studying his playbook?

    - How much will Mornhinweg change up the offense with weapons coming back, Ivory
    running effectively and mid-season pickups showing they can contribute?

    - Will Hill get out of the "witness protection program" and show up consistently?

    - How much bigger will Cribbs role be in the offense? I'm exited with what he's
    given us in the return game but with it appearing like his speed is fully back, I
    wouldn't mind him running the Wildcat more and getting more WR snaps

    - Finding out what Salas and Sudfeld are?

    - How much better will our pass rush be with Coples adjusting to his role and being
    more healthy?

    - Can Milliner use the NO game to reboot his season and nail down the second CB spot?

  2. #2
    1. Geno improving and getting a steady group of skill players on the offense. Tone coming back, Cumberland returning, Nelson regularly being involved. Even Kerley coming back later than the others.

    But a 4 receiver group of Santonio, Kerley, Nelson, and Hill isn't too bad.

    2. Milliner improving


    As far as Cribbs, I think he's being used perfectly as it is. Legitimate threat on the wildcat stuff and also a great special teams player. Involving him in more things I believe will take away from what he's already doing.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,612
    Winslow is also coming back after the bye week

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,718
    Kicking the Bills off the field.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    - How much will the game "slow down" for Geno after having a vacation, reviewing
    the first half and studying his playbook?
    Biggest thing I am looking for is Geno Smith to play more consistently.

    Hopefully, he will break down all his tape from the first 9 weeks, figure out what he has done well and what he hasn't done well and come out of this bye week an improved more confident QB that can minimize his mistakes the rest of the season. When Geno doesn't turn the ball over the Jets win, it's just that simple.

    If Geno can do that, this team will go far.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Kicking the Bills off the field.
    /THREAD.


    (but wait.....Isn't that NICK FOLK's job?)

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Guayaquil, Ecuador
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    - Will Hill get out of the "witness protection program" and show up consistently?

    - Finding out what Salas and Sudfeld are?
    IMHO, these are the real keys of the faith of the rest of the season.

  8. #8
    Agree with everything except more wildcat. Please, no more wildcat.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Agree with everything except more wildcat. Please, no more wildcat.
    This.

    Although I was pretty happy to FINALLY see a Pass there by Cribbs.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Agree with everything except more wildcat. Please, no more wildcat.
    The wild cat is no different than the QB turning around and handing the ball off. Running the wildcat with Shonn Greene or Powell was a complete waste of time, but running it with Cribbs is just like running it with Brad Smith. It's a potential game changing play and until Geno smith is Aaron Rodgers/Peyton, I am ok with it.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,058
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The wild cat is no different than the QB turning around and handing the ball off. Running the wildcat with Shonn Greene or Powell was a complete waste of time, but running it with Cribbs is just like running it with Brad Smith. It's a potential game changing play and until Geno smith is Aaron Rodgers/Peyton, I am ok with it.
    Smith rarely threw it though Kerley did as does Cribbs..

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    This.

    Although I was pretty happy to FINALLY see a Pass there by Cribbs.
    Cribs throws a damn good ball, if I must say so myself. Why didn't he come out of college as more of a qb prospect?

  13. #13
    Cribbs & Salas look like they really want to play!
    Cribbs singlehandedly changed the way I feel about punt returns. I used to dread watching them, now I'm on the edge of my seat.
    Who knows what we have in Salas?
    I'm looking forward to finding out. Sometimes in this league its about getting a chance & running with it.
    Also looking forward to some 2 & 3 TE sets when we get some leads & pound Ivory & play action with Winslow. Sudfeld is a mystery but just his shear size & fluid athleticism has me wanting to see more of him on the field. Could be a decent trio (Winslow, Cumby, Sudfeld), with each one bringing a little something different.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The wild cat is no different than the QB turning around and handing the ball off. Running the wildcat with Shonn Greene or Powell was a complete waste of time, but running it with Cribbs is just like running it with Brad Smith. It's a potential game changing play and until Geno smith is Aaron Rodgers/Peyton, I am ok with it.

    I agree when Brad Smith ran the wild cat I always had a good feeling on it. Now with Cribbs I am starting to like it again.

  15. #15
    I'm looking forward to seeing some improvements from Geno. Rookie QBs usually tend to get somewhat better in the second half of their rookie year as they get more accustomed to the league and the players around them. Unfortunately, for Geno, his WRs are all new, or coming back from injury besides Hill. Interested to see his connection with Salas, btw. Salas comes from the run and shoot in college, which has some similarities to the Air Raid in WV, so maybe he gets more comfortable with him on line audibles?

    Agree about Hill, he needs to start performing, hopefully Holmes coming back gives him more one on one opportunities.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing some improvements from Geno. Rookie QBs usually tend to get somewhat better in the second half of their rookie year as they get more accustomed to the league and the players around them. Unfortunately, for Geno, his WRs are all new, or coming back from injury besides Hill. Interested to see his connection with Salas, btw. Salas comes from the run and shoot in college, which has some similarities to the Air Raid in WV, so maybe he gets more comfortable with him on line audibles?

    Agree about Hill, he needs to start performing, hopefully Holmes coming back gives him more one on one opportunities.
    While its true QB's get accustomed to the league, its also true that Dc's now have more film to pick up tendencies and to gameplan better for Smith. This is why MM is so important, I feel he knows how to mix up the playcalling to keep Dc's guessing, I Haven;t felt that way about any of our OC's in a long time.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,540
    When I comes to Geno, i'm a big fan, but I don't see some big jump coming this year. If he can finish the year with more td's than turnovers, it will be a big success. I believe his big jump comes next season.

    I'm looking forward to Mo hopefully continuing to dominate and finish the season winning DPOY.

    Hoping Milliner can play the rest of the season like he did against the Saints and get that confidence level high like it was at Alabama. Confidence is the biggest key to CB play. Where going to need him to keep progressing and hopefully take over as the #1 CB role next year.

    And a bunch of other things which is basically more of our young guys, Winters, Hill, Bohanon, Coples, Davis, Allen etc just progressing and getting better.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    While its true QB's get accustomed to the league, its also true that Dc's now have more film to pick up tendencies and to gameplan better for Smith. This is why MM is so important, I feel he knows how to mix up the playcalling to keep Dc's guessing, I Haven;t felt that way about any of our OC's in a long time.
    I think more and more, as QBs go on and even Offensive coordinators get accustomed to the QB, those tendencies actually disappear to an extent, which is what makes the QB position so hard to defend. I agree, if MM can get him to be a bit more unpredictable with his reads, then he's going to be better. Right now, to me, it seems that the defense he has most trouble with is when teams drop back into coverage and he tries to do too much to fit into tight situations (especially the Steelers game). That's where having guys that can make plays on the ball really helps, but we lack those types of guys. The Saints pretty much went to the exact same type of defense that the Steelers employed, they wanted Geno to throw it down the field as much as possible, and MM adjusted to run the ball consistently there. It's always going to be a balancing act to see if we can get the right ratio or the right reads at the line to attack the defense against what they are going to be playing.

  19. #19
    I need to see more consistency from this team. Great one week, bad the next. Would be nice to put together a winning streak. I'm not sure how much Geno will improve just from the bye week, we may have to bring in improved personnel on offense before we see a really big leap.

  20. #20
    Basically I am looking forward to just more consistency on both sides of the ball. The defense as dominating as it can be struggles with penalties and the offense needs to stay focused on not making costly turnovers. If they improve on both those issues this team should do much better after the bye. This team is setting up to be a good cold weather team. Geno is getting more and more confident and it is getting obvious by how he is running more now in the red zone. This is a weapon that teams have not really planned on and it gives the red zone offense all kinds of options now so seeing red zone improvement is another thing I am hoping for

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us