Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN - jets will make the playoffs....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN - jets will make the playoffs....

3. The New York Jets will earn a wild-card spot
    The AFC is so wide open at the moment that this once laughable notion now has legitimacy. As inconsistent as the Jets have been, there has been plenty to like about them. They've already beaten New England and New Orleans. They've found ways to maximize rookie quarterback Geno Smith and a defense that was supposed to be hindered by the loss of star cornerback Darrelle Revis. They've also pushed through the tougher part of their schedule.

At 5-4 and sitting in second place in the AFC East, the Jets will play only one team currently over .500 (Carolina) in their final seven games. Coach Rex Ryan already has answered plenty of questions about whether he deserves to keep his job after this season. The next step is for him to use a familiar formula -- an underdog squad with a young quarterback and a tough defense -- as a means of taking his team to places few thought it could go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh God, please don't jinx us!
    ESPN talking playoffs for us is bad azz karma
    Rex, quick, Jets need an exorcism in Florham park, flush out the bad espn vibe.
    we need to stab stuart scott with a stake in the heart

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Such crap that comes from that network.

It was a "laughable notion" only because YOU made it that way, ESPN. Anyone who actually sat down and looked at this roster realized the Jets were no worse off than last year, when we were only a few games out of the playoff picture.

The defense was not "supposed to be hindered" by the loss of Revis, HE WAS INJURED IN WEEK 2 LAST YEAR AND LOST FOR THE SEASON. We were no more "hindered" this year than last, when by the way we had a top 10 defense.

ESPN trying to have it both ways.

"Hey guys those Jets are really a circus right? Circus circus circus."

Eight weeks later, "In insight you'll only get here at ESPN, the Jets are actually NOT the circus everyone else made them out to be."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's going to come down to us and the Titans. Chargers are a solid team, but they have a brutal 2nd half schedule. They really couldn't afford to lose that Redskins game. Right now, the Titans get the Jags twice and already beat us head to head. Despite not being a great team, they are the biggest threat to us. We might need to get to 10 wins, because if we end up at 9-7 tied with them, we lose out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    holy ****h...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    JUST WIN.....2008, 2011 and 2012 have taught us NOTHING matters other than closing with wins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I think it's going to come down to us and the Titans. Chargers are a solid team, but they have a brutal 2nd half schedule. They really couldn't afford to lose that Redskins game. Right now, the Titans get the Jags twice and already beat us head to head. Despite not being a great team, they are the biggest threat to us. We might need to get to 10 wins, because if we end up at 9-7 tied with them, we lose out.
    Definitely agree. That head to head loss is going to make things tough on us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could care less about Jinxes this year.

Just win as many games as possible and see where you're at in the end.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sad that ESPN is considered "the worldwide leader in sports".

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    even if the Jets get to 9 or 10 wins I don't think they will make it

KC and Denver both will win double digits and one of them will be wild card #1

the Titans will probably win just as much as the Jets and they beat us so they have the advantage so I think they will get wild card #2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    **** you ESPN for trying to pull the reverse jinx

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    **** you ESPN for trying to pull the reverse jinx
    The worst network for analysis. I thought we were the worst team in the league?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    even if the Jets get to 9 or 10 wins I don't think they will make it

KC and Denver both will win double digits and one of them will be wild card #1

the Titans will probably win just as much as the Jets and they beat us so they have the advantage so I think they will get wild card #2
    Well if the Jets get to 9 wins or better, at least we'll know that Rex's job will be safe.....right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People seem to forget quick we where actually in the thick of the PO race last year till week 15. lol Mark gone and now people think this is a PO team.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    People seem to forget quick we where actually in the thick of the PO race last year till week 15. lol Mark gone and now people think this is a PO team.
    You sure are a dreamer first hill better than d Jackson now having to win out 5 games to make it to the POs last season is being in the thick of it?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Titans will win 9 games at the most. 10 wins and we're in!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    You sure are a dreamer first hill better than d Jackson now having to win out 5 games to make it to the POs last season is being in the thick of it?
    Week 15 would be 3 games genius and there was only 3 teams still in it at that point. Also never said he was better.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 11-07-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    a few key injuries could make the difference as far as the jets and titans are concerned.I don't see the titans winning ten games.either do I see the jets winning ten games.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wvjet View Post
    The Titans will win 9 games at the most. 10 wins and we're in!
    That's 5-2 the rest of the way. Do you see 5-2 given how inconsistent this team has been? I certainly don't.

And we have yet to play the 2001 Ravens in a few weeks, who Rex will no doubt treat with the deference they deserve and we will go into a severely conservative offensive set the whole game and lose by 20.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    That's 5-2 the rest of the way. Do you see 5-2 given how inconsistent this team has been? I certainly don't.

And we have yet to play the 2001 Ravens in a few weeks, who Rex will no doubt treat with the deference they deserve and we will go into a severely conservative offensive set the whole game and lose by 20.
    Lets give team the respect they deserve and just watch.. They earned it.. Instead of being pessimistic vag's like many were before saints game.. And lets not be rah rah jags either.. Obviously key players especially geno need to stay healthy.. Only fools try to predict what games we will win and lose.. Schedule is def easier, and hopefully geno takes 2nd half step up..