Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O.k....pick 'em....Phish @ TB.....Bills @ Pittsburgh......who wins?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like

O.k....pick 'em....Phish @ TB.....Bills @ Pittsburgh......who wins?

Yes, I know this is a Jets forum before anybody makes that smart remark. That being said, the Jets & Pats both have a bye this week, obviously, so there are only 2 divisional games going on and both have some interesting sub-plots associated with them.

Phish @ TB:

This game will do one of two things, its will either galvanize the Dolphins, or, they will completely unravel and fall apart the rest of the season.

This really is the perfect storm for the Phish, here comes the winless Bucs who came real close to upsetting Seattle last week on the road, hungry for their first win, to play the Dolphins on Monday night football in Raymond James stadium - and this is the Bucs first appearance on MNF this season, so, you know they will be amped up.

Either Miami wins this game by alot, taking the us against the world approach, or, they could get absolutely crushed. I really don't see this game being close with all of the sub-plots involved. The fact the Phish had a good win against the Bengals going into their bye week ending a 4 game skid, (just days before all of this controversy surfaced) really gives us a good barometer on how much this Incognito bullying controversy has, or has not, affected this team.

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't even watch this game but with everything that is swirling around this one, I actually can't wait to see it.

I am picking the Bucs to dismantle the Phish, just for the record.

Bills @ Pittsburgh:

You have the Steelers coming off the worst loss in that franchises proud history at the hands of the Cheatriots, playing at home vs the Bills who have been very competitive in all their games, despite their losing record.

This will also be E.J. Manuels first game back after the missing the last 3 weeks with a knee injury and they obviously need him after coming off back to back losses to New Orleans & Kansas City the last 2 weeks.

Does Manuel's return give the Bills a spark and lead them to a win over the Steelers?

Or do the Steelers exact revenge in front of their home crowd against the Bills after an absolutely embarrassing loss in New England last week?

I don't think I would envy being a Bills fan this week, I have to go with the Steelers at home handing the Bills their 3rd straight loss, but, I think this game could wind up being close unlike the Phish vs TB game.

Bills vs the Steelers could wind up being decided by a FG or less.

Thoughts guys and gals?
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 11-06-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    GoJags this week, they have to win 1 game.(we never root for fish)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phish is a band guy! Call them chumps the Fish.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Phish are underrated by this board. TB, thankfully, always finds a way to lose. Both teams have locker room issues but I think the mammals will come out angry. Bills' offensive woes can't be overcome. Steelers in a snoozer. Are the Cheaters off this week?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Phish are underrated by this board. TB, thankfully, always finds a way to lose. Both teams have locker room issues but I think the mammals will come out angry. Bills' offensive woes can't be overcome. Steelers in a snoozer. Are the Cheaters off this week?
    Yep, Cheatriots and the Jets both have byes this week, that's why I only mentioned the Phish and the Bills.

When a team drops 4 straight, it's hard to under-rate them.

The Dolphins do have talent - as evidenced by their win against the Bengals last Sunday, the question is will this controversy strengthen their resolve, or, will they start to unravel?

Thats what remains to be seen.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 11-06-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tampa will lead most of the game, then find a way to lose.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the fact that they just lost two linemen doesn't help the fins chances as they already are on a pace that could set a record for sacks given up am I right? All three Florida teams are having troubles this season. I'd love to see both Buffalo and Miami lose this week

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Easy picks....phins win, steelers win

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually they beat the Bengals with Martin and Incog out

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    Well the fact that they just lost two linemen doesn't help the fins chances as they already are on a pace that could set a record for sacks given up am I right? All three Florida teams are having troubles this season. I'd love to see both Buffalo and Miami lose this week

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    No, the Cheaters are playing. They're hosting Dallas on Sunday night.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins and steelers

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd go with the home teams to win this sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    I'd go with the home teams to win this sunday.
    I feel the same way as well but its kind of against the grain a bit since both visiting teams have better records.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Bucs get their first win.

I think the Steelers confound and defeat E.J. Jameis lite.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Dolphins and steelers
    +1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll pick TB and the Steelers.

I think it's time TB finally wins a game, they are too talented to lose all their games, and they are catching Miami at a really good time. I think the coaching staff and team are going to be distracted this week, and may worry about things other than the winless Bucs, and they lose.

Steelers-Bills- it's pretty close, and I can see it going both ways. Probably a close game, and in a close game, I'll just take the better QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    I'll pick TB and the Steelers.

I think it's time TB finally wins a game, they are too talented to lose all their games, and they are catching Miami at a really good time. I think the coaching staff and team are going to be distracted this week, and may worry about things other than the winless Bucs, and they lose.

Steelers-Bills- it's pretty close, and I can see it going both ways. Probably a close game, and in a close game, I'll just take the better QB.
    This is the ultimate trap game for the Phish.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    TB and Pitt to win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fins beat Bengals at home & Atkins got hurt
    Bucs will take advantage of the home crowd (sellout by the way), Warren Sapp is going into their ring of honor, Revis likes showing off his skills on MNF, Bucs will stop the run game, Tannyhill will have to throw, Bucs Dline hits him over & over & over.
    Tannyhill lucky if he makes it out alive.
    Bucs need that 1st win, & they don't want to lose to another Florida team.

Worst situation for the Bills.
    Lebeau doesn't lose to rookies! Tomlin will have this Steelers team chomping at the bit after that debacle in Gillette.
    Spiller isn't healthy.
    10 steelers on the LOS.
    Another game where the running game will be taken away & blitzing Manuel will create TOs.

Titans are the Jets problem this week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Fins beat Bengals at home & Atkins got hurt
    Bucs will take advantage of the home crowd (sellout by the way), Warren Sapp is going into their ring of honor, Revis likes showing off his skills on MNF, Bucs will stop the run game, Tannyhill will have to throw, Bucs Dline hits him over & over & over.
    Tannyhill lucky if he makes it out alive.
    Bucs need that 1st win, & they don't want to lose to another Florida team.

Worst situation for the Bills.
    Lebeau doesn't lose to rookies! Tomlin will have this Steelers team chomping at the bit after that debacle in Gillette.
    Spiller isn't healthy.
    10 steelers on the LOS.
    Another game where the running game will be taken away & blitzing Manuel will create TOs.

Titans are the Jets problem this week.
    +1. Good game analysis.

When one considers the remaining schedules for all the teams bobbing along at the bottom of the AFC picture, the Titans are by far the biggest issue. If Jets can take care of business with a 4-3 run, we need to hope for the Titans to take some losses. If the Jets manage to go 5-2 (with Balt/Carolina being the toughest overall match ups) then they could be in the driver's seat. But they need to beat up on beatable teams . . .