Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Cumberland, Winslow and Holmes all expected back for Buffalo?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Sudfield is a huge target for Geno, I hope he stays. He's like the Pats Gronk.
    Geno looked like he was getting more comfortable with Sudfield. Hope that connection and partnerships grows - it looks like Rexy/MM/Idzik are on to be something.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Geno looked like he was getting more comfortable with Sudfield. Hope that connection and partnerships grows - it looks like Rexy/MM/Idzik are on to be something.
    Agree, I'm liking the men in the building right now.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI.. The bills didn't have their top 2 starting corners in stephon Gilmore and Ron brooks and their all pro starting safety in jairus Byrd in that first game. Things should go a lot different this time around at home.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasholliday View Post
    FYI.. The bills didn't have their top 2 starting corners in stephon Gilmore and Ron brooks and their all pro starting safety in jairus Byrd in that first game. Things should go a lot different this time around at home.
    Is that right...

Well, EJ Manual gives me nightmares! I'm terrified of him....

oh wait... he's not playing is he

By the way, our Defense is even better and a lot more menacing than it was that first game, so you're right- It SHOULD go a lot different!

I hope our RBs can handle the 300 yards rushing!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Is that right...

Well, EJ Manual gives me nightmares! I'm terrified of him....

oh wait... he's not playing is he

By the way, our Defense is even better and a lot more menacing than it was that first game, so you're right- It SHOULD go a lot different!

I hope our RBs can handle the 300 yards rushing!
    Actually Manuel was cleared to play for this Sunday... so the Jets will be facing him next week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    Actually Manuel was cleared to play for this Sunday... so the Jets will be facing him next week.
    They are playing the Steelers in Pittsburgh; That should wear them down a little for the well rested Jets.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno needs these guys back. He can compete with the recievers we had against the Saints as long as we run the sh!t out of the ball. If we don't run the ball down their throats nobody on this board would be praising the play of sudfield or salas. They got open for all of 2 targets each last Sunday. Without the running game playing the way they did, it would of forced Geno to throw the ball more (which I saw as ineffective most of the game (115 pass yards for Geno)), and i dont think these new guys would have been able to get open.

Santiono strechess the field and is our only true offensive play maker (well thats yet to be truly determined after his injury, he showed hope earlier this season).
    Winslow has proved to be a very reliable target all season.
    Cumberlend seems to be making a name for himself this year. I thought he was garbage until this year.

And I can see the Jets bringing back Santiono on a 1 year deal next year. I dont see any team signing him for the contract he wants coming off a major injury and just a few games to prove himself. I hope he does, I think he is starting to grow up a bit, seems to happen to guys like him.

Fatcessa said it before the Saints game - the only way we beat the saints is to run the ball and run it well. What happens when Geno has to drop back and beat a good team in the air with Salas, Sudfeld, Nelson and Hill as his top recievers? I dont like my odds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winslow is our 2nd best playmaker after Kerley and he will def be available.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    There's nothing to save. Learn to read.
    that's a big ask

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post

You should check your stats before speaking. That menacing defense grades out nearly equal to buffalo's in every category besides takeaways which we get 2 to your 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should check your stats before speaking. That menacing defense grades out nearly equal to buffalo's in every category besides takeaways which we get 2 to your 1.
    Our D allowed the team to win 5 games. The buffalo D allowed them to be in last place

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I would like to see what Sudfield brings to the table over Winslow. We don't need Holmes screwing up the chemistry of this team. We beat two of the best teams in the NFL without him.
    MM & Rex will mix and match everybody and put whatever combination of personnel on the field they feel will give us the best chance to win.

Holmes, Sudfield, Cumberland, Winslow....I think we will see them all at different points in the game as long as they are healthy and practicing - but I have no problem deferring to the coaches judgement as far as who they want to utilize.

They are the ones who run the practices, they know who is working hard and who isn't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You FUNNY, kid!

That scary Bills Defense sure did frighten Drew Brees like the Jets! Oh, wait...